16th Region Poll 1/12/06

:thumb: Coaches do have to have this responsibility, even at the risk of cutting their own throat. But many won't for fear of having a losing season and listening to everyone call for their head. So who is really to blame in all of this mess, the kids, the coaches, or the fans???

I agree totally, with both previous posts. But don't you think that athletes know that their mug will end up on ESPN. It's worse now than before IMO. It's "any press is good press", I love me some me. I don't know who's to blame but accountability has to start somewhere.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally, with both previous posts. But don't you think that athletes know that their mug will end up on ESPN. It's worse now than before IMO. It's "any press is good press", I love me some me. I don't know who's to blame but accountability has to start somewhere.

I totally agree, but I'm not sure where it will start either. It is definitely a "ME WORLD" now and I'm not so sure if it will ever change, at least not in our lifetime, unfortunately. I miss the days of whenever a team drafted you, that was your team, and that is who you played for. Nowadays, it seems most athletes are playing for that next contract or who will pay them the most. The days of team loyalty are gone forever.

That's my point, they don't have accountability to anyone. Odds are it starts at home. But it's a shame that kids today have to see all the junk that athletes do professionally, T.O., Artest, etc.. It's in their face all the time. And when a coach/program tries to discipline or make them accountable, they just quit. Easy way out. I'm not using the Russell thing as an example, I have no knowledge of the situation, just a generalization. But kudos to coaches that set this type of standard. I'd rather tank the season than backtrack on the standards and expectations of the players by letting a student-athlete come and go at his/her whim regardless of the athletic ability.

One of the best posts I've seen on BGP. :thumb:

1. Morgan-Solid squad has been consistent

2. Boyd-Most talented player on their side

3. Fairview-Toughest district draw

4. Elliott-Can put up some big numbers

5. Ashland-Getting some scoring help for stars

6. Russell-Who will suit up this week?

7. Greenup-Two tight losses over the week

8. Rowan-Defending champs wont go down easy

9. Raceland-Rams continue to battle

10.East-Two solid wins over Blazer and GC but a loss to Rowan

11.West-Two wins might jump-start Comets

12.Fleming-Panthers compete hard

13.Rose Hill-Looking for signature win

14.Bath-Win over Montgomery and out of the cellar

15.Lewis-Lions notch a region win

16.Menifee-Could be in Morehead with their favorable draw

Go at it boys :banana:

Lewis still has two more games i think they can move up..

I know one school in the 16th region that has tried to make kids accountable for their actions and the kids just quit.

KYHOOP#23, you may think you know, but you have no idea. Boy, That was a cheap shot. Kids need to be held accountable for their actions but they should all be accounted equally. The standards should all be the same, and if you're going to hold one kid accountable then you should hold they others accountable when they get out of line. The standards should be the same for everyone. Hoops, if you want to take cheap shots, go to a bar but quit taking them at the kids. They are just KIDS.

KYHOOP#23, you may think you know, but you have no idea. Boy, That was a cheap shot. Kids need to be held accountable for their actions but they should all be accounted equally. The standards should all be the same, and if you're going to hold one kid accountable then you should hold they others accountable when they get out of line. The standards should be the same for everyone. Hoops, if you want to take cheap shots, go to a bar but quit taking them at the kids. They are just KIDS.

:thumb: well said!!!

That's my point, they don't have accountability to anyone. Odds are it starts at home. But it's a shame that kids today have to see all the junk that athletes do professionally, T.O., Artest, etc.. It's in their face all the time. And when a coach/program tries to discipline or make them accountable, they just quit. Easy way out. I'm not using the Russell thing as an example, I have no knowledge of the situation, just a generalization. But kudos to coaches that set this type of standard. I'd rather tank the season than backtrack on the standards and expectations of the players by letting a student-athlete come and go at his/her whim regardless of the athletic ability.

Spindoc, that's not what's going on at Russell. If it were, I'd be the first to say so, but it's not. I agree, coaches need to have standards BUT BUT BUT the standards have to be the same for every player and not just some of them.

Spindoc, that's not what's going on at Russell. If it were, I'd be the first to say so, but it's not. I agree, coaches need to have standards BUT BUT BUT the standards have to be the same for every player and not just some of them.

I don't disagree at all. That's why I said I have no knowledge on the Russell situation, and I was making a generalization. And that is why I said I'd rather tank (without my superstar) the season than backpedal on the rules/standards. Best player,worst player, same standard.

Most teams still have at least 2 more region games left. I dont see them moving up much if at all the rest of the year.

The last two games for lewis are more for respect in the region... this team can be a contender.