Have Trinity's Goals And Expectations Changed?

JokersWild24

Point of fact (not that those have seemed to have matter much in this thread). Trinity had nothing to do with a possible game with Don Boscoe. They were approached by a sports promotion group interested in setting it up.

And the fact that they investigated the logistics of playing the game means they were trying to set up a game.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/trinity-vs-don-228084.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TAKE STATE!

This is the goal. This will never change.

I'm not saying it isn't, or that it will ever change. But with championships becoming more and more common, things like "becoming the school with the MOST all-time championships" probably becomes a goal. Once you reach that, you find something to keep pushing yourself for, as a form of motivation.

I'm actually surprised by the responses of many of the Trinity faithful in this thread. Not saying it's right or wrong either way, only that I thought more people would say that becoming more relevant on the national scene is something that would be nice and keeps them motivated. To be relevant on the national scene, I would think it's a given that they win the State Title basically every year (i.e., being rated as one of the top 15 programs in the nation would necessarily entail winning the state of Kentucky).

That's cool. Just don't act like the program didn't/doesn't want or care about success or recognition at the national level.

Among my peer group of 30 or so diehard supporters, 90% could care less about Rivals.com, MaxPreps, USA Today, etc. Sure, we enjoy the accolades when they come Trinity's direction. The mythical title was icing on the cake. Winning the state title is paramount to a successful season.

I do "expect" Trinity to go 8-0 versus Kentucky competition this season. Trinity expects to win the district. It provides home field advantage during the playoffs. The players and staff work 11 of 12 months towards winning the state title. Winning the district is a step along the way.

Among my peer group of 30 or so diehard supporters, 90% could care less about Rivals.com, MaxPreps, USA Today, etc. Sure, we enjoy the accolades when they come Trinity's direction. The mythical title was icing on the cake. Winning the state title is paramount to a successful season.

I do "expect" Trinity to go 8-0 versus Kentucky competition this season. Trinity expects to win the district. It provides home field advantage during the playoffs. The players and staff work 11 of 12 months towards winning the state title. Winning the district is a step along the way.

That's cool. Just don't act like the program didn't/doesn't want or care about success or recognition at the national level.