Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Wife Convicted of Murder Asks For New Trial

Featured Replies

Just don't think murder is the answer (excluding self-defense) to solve problems in a civilized society.

 

Exactly why she was convicted.

  • Replies 346
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly why she was convicted.

 

True. Just think the pardon by the Governor was reprehensible.

True. Just think the pardon by the Governor was reprehensible.

 

It shocked me to say the least.

Where do you stand on the death penalty?

 

I think (hope) I am missing your angle, but your not trying to equate what she did to the death penalty are you?

I graduated from HHS with Bob and did know him but not real well. He had a great reputation with everyone I knew. I am NOT saying whether he abused her or not. The only people who do know are him, her and the kids. What bugs me A LOT about this is that it seems some on here are OK with him being murdered if he did in fact abuse her. Even if he did, it is murder if you shoot someone in the head when they are sleeping. That is NOT self defense. That IS murder. She had a good job with the Enquirer (I believe she made $80k per year if I remember correctly from the reports at the time). She had options to leave. She was not some woman totally dependent on the man to take care of her.

 

This whole deal really bothers me because she murdered him in cold blood and is not serving near enough time. The talk about this being between her and God is ridiculous IMO. That only matters when she dies. While she is a citizen of the US, she has to be treated how the law dictates...and she is not IMO.

I graduated from HHS with Bob and did know him but not real well. He had a great reputation with everyone I knew. I am NOT saying whether he abused her or not. The only people who do know are him, her and the kids. What bugs me A LOT about this is that it seems some on here are OK with him being murdered if he did in fact abuse her. Even if he did, it is murder if you shoot someone in the head when they are sleeping. That is NOT self defense. That IS murder. She had a good job with the Enquirer (I believe she made $80k per year if I remember correctly from the reports at the time). She had options to leave. She was not some woman totally dependent on the man to take care of her.

 

This whole deal really bothers me because she murdered him in cold blood and is not serving near enough time. The talk about this being between her and God is ridiculous IMO. That only matters when she dies. While she is a citizen of the US, she has to be treated how the law dictates...and she is not IMO.

 

I know neither of them. But what bothers me in a larger view is the obvious lack of awareness about abusers and the abused.

I graduated from HHS with Bob and did know him but not real well. He had a great reputation with everyone I knew. I am NOT saying whether he abused her or not. The only people who do know are him, her and the kids. What bugs me A LOT about this is that it seems some on here are OK with him being murdered if he did in fact abuse her. Even if he did, it is murder if you shoot someone in the head when they are sleeping. That is NOT self defense. That IS murder. She had a good job with the Enquirer (I believe she made $80k per year if I remember correctly from the reports at the time). She had options to leave. She was not some woman totally dependent on the man to take care of her.

 

This whole deal really bothers me because she murdered him in cold blood and is not serving near enough time. The talk about this being between her and God is ridiculous IMO. That only matters when she dies. While she is a citizen of the US, she has to be treated how the law dictates...and she is not IMO.

 

She was getting out this month whether she was pardoned or not. The pardon had nothing to do with how much time she served.

I know neither of them. But what bothers me in a larger view is the obvious lack of awareness about abusers and the abused.

RM, if you are directing that at me, what do you mean? I think any abuse is horrible. I have a wife and two daughters and the thought of someone abusing them sickens me. But I don't see how anyone can say that shooting a man in the head when he is sleeping (no threat at all at that time) is not murder.

She was getting out this month whether she was pardoned or not. The pardon had nothing to do with how much time she served.

 

I think it is ridiculous that she is getting out this soon, whether by pardon or not.

I'll go ahead and say it , I don't know either person. I don't know what happened. I'm pro life and against the death penalty.

 

But if there are two people who deserve a bullet child abusers and men who beat women. I have no time for any man who lays a hand on a woman.

 

I lost a good friend when I saw him smack his wife and what I did to him after.

Where do you stand on the death penalty?

 

Not sure if this is rhetorical since I've stated it quite often on here.

 

So before I answer I need to know why you ask so that I can answer appropriately.

No one that puts a bullet in a sleeping person's skull should ever get pardoned.

 

I can't be 100% behind your last sentence. There can be circumstances where I would be for it.

 

Where do you stand on the death penalty?

 

Not sure if this is rhetorical since I've stated it quite often on here.

 

So before I answer I need to know why you ask so that I can answer appropriately.

 

After reading through the original post by you, I think I misinterpreted your comment. I took the bolded comment above to mean there are circumstances where you are for putting a bullet in a sleeping person's head. As I read again and see your later post, I now believe you were saying there are circumstances where are for pardoning a person who shoots a sleeping person in the head. This latter statement is consistent with your death penalty views. The former interpretation is not and that is why I asked about your views on the death penalty. I was wondering if they had perhaps changed.

Just don't think murder is the answer (excluding self-defense) to solve problems in a civilized society.

 

I graduated from HHS with Bob and did know him but not real well. He had a great reputation with everyone I knew. I am NOT saying whether he abused her or not. The only people who do know are him, her and the kids. What bugs me A LOT about this is that it seems some on here are OK with him being murdered if he did in fact abuse her. Even if he did, it is murder if you shoot someone in the head when they are sleeping. That is NOT self defense. That IS murder. She had a good job with the Enquirer (I believe she made $80k per year if I remember correctly from the reports at the time). She had options to leave. She was not some woman totally dependent on the man to take care of her.

 

This whole deal really bothers me because she murdered him in cold blood and is not serving near enough time. The talk about this being between her and God is ridiculous IMO. That only matters when she dies. While she is a citizen of the US, she has to be treated how the law dictates...and she is not IMO.

 

I don't think murder is ok, but I do question why we would only have one definition of "self defense" and what parameters constitute self defense.

 

You reference that she had a good job and I assume the "she had options to leave" are related to that statement. I think that's way too easy, armchair quarterback talk. I would be willing to bet you have had very little contact or interaction with abused spouses based on this.

 

As for not serving near enough time, the system is pretty clear on the release formulas. She did 50% of her sentance and that's more than some do.

 

And you are correct, while she is a citizen of the US, she should be treated as such...she will now be treated, not as a convicted felon, but as a citizen who has done her time and is free once again. This is the system we have in the US, sometimes people think it works, sometimes people think it doesn't, the system does not apply emotion to the outcome

If someone can provide concrete proof that abuse was going on, then this discussion is different for me. The jury sat there for two weeks and listened to all the facts and examined the evidence brought before them. Not one ounce of evidence to support any abuse taking place. My big question............why could not ONE shred of evidence be discovered? Seems odd to me. Yet many here are making the leap to assume that this murderer was being abused. You have simply a living person's word vs. a person from the grave who has no voice. Gotta believe if abuse was happening, there would be at minimum some semblance of evidence. What if she shot him because he had met someone else and wanted out?? We will never know.

If someone can provide concrete proof that abuse was going on, then this discussion is different for me. The jury sat there for two weeks and listened to all the facts and examined the evidence brought before them. Not one ounce of evidence to support any abuse taking place. My big question............why could not ONE shred of evidence be discovered? Seems odd to me. Yet many here are making the leap to assume that this murderer was being abused. You have simply a living person's word vs. a person from the grave who has no voice. Gotta believe if abuse was happening, there would be at minimum some semblance of evidence. What if she shot him because he had met someone else and wanted out?? We will never know.

 

If that were the case, I would think the investigation would have brought something like that to light through phone records, credit card bills, etc...the usual thing that gets people caught in affairs.

 

There would only be evidence of abuse if the police were brought in on occasions or doctor/hospital visits were needed. The shame of being an abused spouse may have prevented any of that from happening. Hell, many of Ft. Thomas finest were friends with the deceased. Imagine how helpless that would make someone feel.

 

It is obvious to me that many people here have never come into contact personally with any victims of domestic violence and have no idea what their lives are like.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.