December 10, 201510 yr Could a governor grand a pardon for no good reason? Does he/she have that much power? Yes, if it is a State conviction, the governor could have pardoned her at any time with no valid reason. It is one of the few solo powers that a governor can enact without any additional input or oversight
December 10, 201510 yr The fact that the kids have backed and supported her from day one tells me all I need to know about whether there was domestic abuse... There is an underlying story/rumor/belief to this whole event that many of the people close to the situation know/ believe. I don't want to go to far into is because it is just that; a rumor. However, many people believe that Cheryl was the "fall person" in all of this.
December 10, 201510 yr Author I would sure like to know more about this part from the article: It was the second time within 24 hours that police had been called to the family home. Someone reported a domestic disturbance the day before the shooting, but a responding officer decided not to make an arrest or fill out a report after Cheryl McCafferty and her 12-year-old son met him on the sidewalk halfway down the street. ========================= Who is someone? Who was the officer? Why didn't the officer make a report? And is the inference that Cheryl and her son talked the officer out of the report? NONE of this passes the smell test, especially in the context of murder.
December 10, 201510 yr There is an underlying story/rumor/belief to this whole event that many of the people close to the situation know/ believe. I don't want to go to far into is because it is just that; a rumor. However, many people believe that Cheryl was the "fall person" in all of this. Very plausible.
December 10, 201510 yr There is an underlying story/rumor/belief to this whole event that many of the people close to the situation know/ believe. I don't want to go to far into is because it is just that; a rumor. However, many people believe that Cheryl was the "fall person" in all of this. To be a "fall person" means you didn't commit the crime, right?
December 10, 201510 yr There is an underlying story/rumor/belief to this whole event that many of the people close to the situation know/ believe. I don't want to go to far into is because it is just that; a rumor. However, many people believe that Cheryl was the "fall person" in all of this. I would sure like to know more about this part from the article: It was the second time within 24 hours that police had been called to the family home. Someone reported a domestic disturbance the day before the shooting, but a responding officer decided not to make an arrest or fill out a report after Cheryl McCafferty and her 12-year-old son met him on the sidewalk halfway down the street. ========================= Who is someone? Who was the officer? Why didn't the officer make a report? And is the inference that Cheryl and her son talked the officer out of the report? NONE of this passes the smell test, especially in the context of murder. Exactly why it would appear that a pardon package was presented to the governor.
December 10, 201510 yr Author To be a "fall person" means you didn't commit the crime, right? I thought Colt Seavers was a good guy.
December 10, 201510 yr Author Exactly why it would appear that a pardon package was presented to the governor. If your speculation is true then the officer that didn't make the report should have lost his job and possibly been prosecuted over this.
December 10, 201510 yr I would sure like to know more about this part from the article: It was the second time within 24 hours that police had been called to the family home. Someone reported a domestic disturbance the day before the shooting, but a responding officer decided not to make an arrest or fill out a report after Cheryl McCafferty and her 12-year-old son met him on the sidewalk halfway down the street. ========================= Who is someone? Who was the officer? Why didn't the officer make a report? And is the inference that Cheryl and her son talked the officer out of the report? NONE of this passes the smell test, especially in the context of murder. The good ole' boy network seems to be alive and doing well in the Ft. Thomas PD. JMO
December 10, 201510 yr If your speculation is true then the officer that didn't make the report should have lost his job and possibly been prosecuted over this. I think there were a number of questions surrounding protocol during this investigation that really were never answered, at least publicly
December 10, 201510 yr Author I think there were a number of questions surrounding protocol during this investigation that really were never answered, at least publicly That's what happens when government isn't transparent. I assume this latest ruling could give Cheryl grounds to file suit against the Fort Thomas PD and the city of Fort Thomas? Does anyone know how the statute of limitations works in a case like this?
December 10, 201510 yr But that still makes me uncomfortable even if they got it right. Too much room for abuse of power. Spot on. This power really needs to be examined imo. Way too much power for one person and why are these almost always done in the final hours of office? Doesn't pass the smell test for me. No one that puts a bullet in a sleeping person's skull should ever get pardoned.
December 10, 201510 yr Spot on. This power really needs to be examined imo. Way too much power for one person and why are these almost always done in the final hours of office? Doesn't pass the smell test for me. No one that puts a bullet in a sleeping person's skull should ever get pardoned. I can't be 100% behind your last sentence. There can be circumstances where I would be for it.
December 10, 201510 yr I can't be 100% behind your last sentence. There can be circumstances where I would be for it. Just don't think murder is the answer (excluding self-defense) to solve problems in a civilized society.
December 10, 201510 yr I can't be 100% behind your last sentence. There can be circumstances where I would be for it. Where do you stand on the death penalty?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.