Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Wife Convicted of Murder Asks For New Trial

Featured Replies

  • Author
I think this is an easy statement for anyone to make who isn't or hasn't been in a protracted situation like this appeared to be, but I understand your position.

 

I'm willing to bet that any advice she got prior to her action had little to no bearing on her decision to do what she did.

 

None of us will ever know what choices she had to choose from...

 

I would like to put her and two or three others on a polygraph with a competent polygraph operator, we would figure it all out in one day.

  • Replies 346
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. One would think that had their been a history or pattern of domestic violence, someone, somewhere would be able to document and prove these allegations.2. Unfortunately, we will never hear Robert's side of the story because she made sure his story would never be heard.

 

I see a machinating black widow in this murderer.

 

I'm pretty sure this path is well worn....

I would like to put her and two or three others on a polygraph with a competent polygraph operator, we would figure it all out in one day.

 

I don't subscribe to this method of interrogation. The problem with hindsight interviewing is that you have no scope for the situation before or on the event, so we have no way, polygraph or otherwise, to determine state of mind.

 

I would think everyone can admit that regardless of who may have been advising her, that pulling that trigger, at that very moment, had little to do with who she was as a person and more to do with the person in the environment at the time.

  • Author
I don't subscribe to this method of interrogation. The problem with hindsight interviewing is that you have no scope for the situation before or on the event, so we have no way, polygraph or otherwise, to determine state of mind.

 

I would think everyone can admit that regardless of who may have been advising her, that pulling that trigger, at that very moment, had little to do with who she was as a person and more to do with the person in the environment at the time.

 

No matter how you look at it, we would know a lot more than we know now. It may not be conclusive, but we would know more.

No matter how you look at it, we would know a lot more than we know now. It may not be conclusive, but we would know more.

 

Just out of curiousity, would you apply the same thoughts / logic to Amy Bosley ?

  • Author
Just out of curiousity, would you apply the same thoughts / logic to Amy Bosley ?

 

I would need to review the facts in the Bosley case.

 

Since you brought it up, I sure would like to know if there are any common denominators with the two cases?

I went to HS with Bobby Mac and knew him fairly well although we went our separate ways after HS and I only saw him occasionally so I am NOT saying I was close to him. He SEEMED like a great guy in school and was popular but I know things can be different behind closed doors.

 

The things I cannot get on board with (for her to be released) are:

(1) He was SLEEPING when she shot him...sorry, you cannot claim self defense when you shoot someone sleeping.

(2) She had a good job at the Enquirer. She was not a woman who could not support herself.

(3) If you allow someone to shoot someone sleeping and then claim he/she was abusing you, that person has no way of defending himself in any way...for his life or in court...

She is getting out too early IMO...

I'm hopping on this thread late. Was there any history of abuse in this marital relationship? If a woman was living under threat, that is a HUGE consideration.

What is her propensity to commit another murder? What is a sufficient jail term?

 

I have heard so many theories on this case but I do know things went on behind closed doors that you or I will never know so it's best to let the courts figure this one out.

What is her propensity to commit another murder? What is a sufficient jail term?

 

I have heard so many theories on this case but I do know things went on behind closed doors that you or I will never know so it's best to let the courts figure this one out.

 

Agree Q.....

 

Bob was a awesome person and I knew him well, but it doesn't mean he was a complete Saint behind closed doors. No one really knows how they both treated each other except the ones that were close enough recognize patterns in both of their behaviors. There are a few more Control freaks running around Ft Thomas as we speak. Plenty of them actually! I do know that it's becoming a very common thing with Divorces across the board with our Society but it seems that just about every other day in Ft Thomas you hear of a couple that you would think there is no way getting Divorced.....The kids involved in all of these cases are the ones suffering the most!

I would need to review the facts in the Bosley case.

 

Since you brought it up, I sure would like to know if there are any common denominators with the two cases?

 

I think they are divergent. I don't believe the Bosley case had DV, appears more to be drivin by greed and money...as well as a number of other freaky rumors.

 

Plus, she tried to make it look like a break-in, a weak attempt.

 

Finally, Cheryl didn't try to wash the empty brass in the washing machine after the fact...

When it involves taking a life, easy or not doesn't enter into the equation.

 

Some of you are offering justifications for taking the life and those need to be ultra specific.

 

Didn't the Kentucky Legislature make exceptions when they allowed for those convicted of violent crimes to be classified as victims of domestic abuse, therefore making their crimes classified as non-violent? Seems like there must have been more than just this case to have occurred in our Commonwealth for the Legislature to deemed it a reasonable exception. In my mind, that means that there is enough data to show that it isn't just as easy as "walking away."

 

I guess, knowing one abused woman who was in constant fear for her life after she left, restraining orders mean nothing to a deranged lunatic. If you "know" a person, and you know what likely will come from leaving, you either stay and continue the cycle, or you have to fight your way out. You know as well as I do, law enforcement does NOT like to get involved in these matters unless an injury has already occurred. Asking for help from threats accomplishes very little.

Edited by mexitucky

Absolutely, and especially if that divorce lawyer had other skeletons in the closet.

 

nevermind, misread something

See, now the problem in this thread is all the "speculation" about what went on or may have gone on behind "closed doors". Also that Robert may have been a deranged lunatic. Once again.............I say it's a damn shame that Robert can't tell his side of the story because one thing I have learned in life is that there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. She made damn sure his would not be heard.

Agree Q.....

 

Bob was a awesome person and I knew him well, but it doesn't mean he was a complete Saint behind closed doors. No one really knows how they both treated each other except the ones that were close enough recognize patterns in both of their behaviors. There are a few more Control freaks running around Ft Thomas as we speak. Plenty of them actually! I do know that it's becoming a very common thing with Divorces across the board with our Society but it seems that just about every other day in Ft Thomas you hear of a couple that you would think there is no way getting Divorced.....The kids involved in all of these cases are the ones suffering the most!

 

Yea its very surprising to hear of many divorces here in town where they just threw in the towel.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.