Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Wife Convicted of Murder Asks For New Trial

Featured Replies

Let the law handle the abuse. Thats' why we have police officers and a judicial system. If you let citizens take the law into their own hands and murder someone, you had better be prepared to spend some time in jail when you get confess to the murder.

 

Unfortunately, the police were involved but were sent away without doing their job correctly and are now continuing to make any documentation relating to their involvement unavailable.

I believe Cheryl was willing to spend some time in jail as part of her plea agreement. The same agreement the state reneged on.

  • Replies 346
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you see any valid reason for a wife to shoot her husband while he sleeps? Is there any amount of abuse that justifies it?

 

As far as I'm concerned, no and no.

I agree with Omega Man ... I think the deal was fine and understood by her until she didn't get parole after two years.

 

On the crime itself, these are perhaps the most difficult cases there are. How do you ever know the real truth? Unless there is evidence of multiple instances where the wife has obvious bruises or injuries, how else can you document abuse? It is something everyone hides. Maybe the spouse shares it with one sister or best friend, but that is evidence that any juror would look at dubiously after the "murder". Very tough cases to find the truth in.

 

Do you see any valid reason for a wife to shoot her husband while he sleeps? Is there any amount of abuse that justifies it?

 

NO. This is a society with laws. People cannot take it into their own hands without severe consequences.

 

Divorce much better option.

NO. This is a society with laws. People cannot take it into their own hands without severe consequences.

 

Divorce much better option.

 

Yeah, because a mentally and physically abused spouse isn't going to be afraid to tell their husband they're leaving them.

 

I agree that what she did was completely wrong, and she deserved time, but let's not act like it's as simple as saying, "I want a divorce".

I have had cases with Deanna and in my experience she is not a whack job.

 

Maybe she has 2 personalities?

 

Yeah, because a mentally and physically abused spouse isn't going to be afraid to tell their husband they're leaving them.

 

I agree that what she did was completely wrong, and she deserved time, but let's not act like it's as simple as saying, "I want a divorce".

 

Never said it was simple. Divorce rarely is. Her parents spent their life savings on her defense, could of spent the money hiding her. Would of been much easier to shoot him breaking in her house as opposed to shooting him in the head while he slept.

Unfortunately, the police were involved but were sent away without doing their job correctly and are now continuing to make any documentation relating to their involvement unavailable.

I believe Cheryl was willing to spend some time in jail as part of her plea agreement. The same agreement the state reneged on.

 

She was also willing to murder a sleeping man instead of getting a divorce, moving away, seeking help, calling the cops and following thru versus saying never mind when they finally get there. Always options to cold blooded murder. Did she really think that life would be better for her and her kids by killing him? Or did she just hate him enough to end it.

 

She was also willing to murder a sleeping man instead of getting a divorce, moving away, seeking help, calling the cops and following thru versus saying never mind when they finally get there. Always options to cold blooded murder. Did she really think that life would be better for her and her kids by killing him? Or did she just hate him enough to end it.

 

It always seems so simple when you aren't living it.

This is one area I can't fully understand. Any man who touches a woman in that way deserves what's coming. Hard for me to say what fear she lived in. We do live in a land of laws and its hard for me to justify killing someone in their sleep. I also struggle to feel sorry for someone who beats a woman.

It always seems so simple when you aren't living it.

She was strong enough to murder him, but not strong enough to walk away? I can't imagine a woman living the life of abuse that she possibly lived in. But still can't understand how she thought things would be better by killing him. She had to know she would be convicted of murder. No one to raise the kids? Jail?

I get RE's (and others') belief that we are a nation of laws and killing someone is illegal. I can step back and see that.

 

However, there is also a part of my brain that says, like Chris Rock, "but I understand."

It always seems so simple when you aren't living it.

 

I don't think he was saying it was simple. Obviously it is a very difficult situation that none of us can truly understand unless we've been there. I think he's just saying there are other options rather than kill a person while they're sleeping.

She was strong enough to murder him, but not strong enough to walk away? I can't imagine a woman living the life of abuse that she possibly lived in. But still can't understand how she thought things would be better by killing him. She had to know she would be convicted of murder. No one to raise the kids? Jail?

 

Maybe she tried. Maybe he threatened to find her/kill her if she left him. From the sounds of it, the cops were called more than just once and nothing ever came from it. Maybe she felt serving time and/or living in jail the rest of her life was a better alternative to having to live in constant fear that one day he'd find her if she did leave. :idunno:

 

Lots of unknowns that make it real difficult to paint it as such a black and white simple solution like you and RE are doing.

I don't think he was saying it was simple. Obviously it is a very difficult situation that none of us can truly understand unless we've been there. I think he's just saying there are other options rather than kill a person while they're sleeping.

 

I wish I could tell you in words what it is like to be in an abusive relationship, and just how limited the options seem when you're in it. The fear you feel. The feeling there's no where to turn, especially if your husband is well regarded by everyone you know. The fear for your kids. The fear of trying to leave and start over. The fear of not being able to take your kids with you. The fear of leaving your kids with him to save yourself. You should hear some of the things I've heard from women who seek help. Pay special attention to the number of women who are killed by men against whom they have EPO's. Last year a mother and her 3 children were killed in their home when her ex broke in to her new home where she'd moved with her 3 kids...right her in Louisville. Just a couple of weeks ago, another woman here in louisville was shot in her backyard by her ex. Just leaving doesn't equal safety. It often means more dire circumstances.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.