Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Wife Convicted of Murder Asks For New Trial

Featured Replies

See, now the problem in this thread is all the "speculation" about what went on or may have gone on behind "closed doors". Also that Robert may have been a deranged lunatic. Once again.............I say it's a damn shame that Robert can't tell his side of the story because one thing I have learned in life is that there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. She made damn sure his would not be heard.

 

Speculation goes both ways though.

  • Replies 346
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See, now the problem in this thread is all the "speculation" about what went on or may have gone on behind "closed doors". Also that Robert may have been a deranged lunatic. Once again.............I say it's a damn shame that Robert can't tell his side of the story because one thing I have learned in life is that there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. She made damn sure his would not be heard.

 

Correction: 3 sides of the story

Correction: 3 sides of the story

 

Enlighten me..........

Enlighten me..........

 

I meant that each side tells a slanted story and the 3rd side is the "actual" story without slant.

Yea its very surprising to hear of many divorces here in town where they just threw in the towel.

 

Side subject, but I'm wondering how many of those marriages were just to "hold appearances." There are a lot of people very interested in looking the part and being plugged in in the Fort. That has to place a lot of undue stress on relationships that cause many to unravel.

  • Author
Didn't the Kentucky Legislature make exceptions when they allowed for those convicted of violent crimes to be classified as victims of domestic abuse, therefore making their crimes classified as non-violent? Seems like there must have been more than just this case to have occurred in our Commonwealth for the Legislature to deemed it a reasonable exception. In my mind, that means that there is enough data to show that it isn't just as easy as "walking away."

 

I guess, knowing one abused woman who was in constant fear for her life after she left, restraining orders mean nothing to a deranged lunatic. If you "know" a person, and you know what likely will come from leaving, you either stay and continue the cycle, or you have to fight your way out. You know as well as I do, law enforcement does NOT like to get involved in these matters unless an injury has already occurred. Asking for help from threats accomplishes very little.

 

The first sentence is just words on paper by the Commonwealth.

 

And I strongly disagree on law enforcement involvement. We bent over backwards to help any victims of domestic violence even if there wasn't an injury. Anything to the contrary was never my experience in law enforcement.

The first sentence is just words on paper by the Commonwealth.

 

And I strongly disagree on law enforcement involvement. We bent over backwards to help any victims of domestic violence even if there wasn't an injury. Anything to the contrary was never my experience in law enforcement.

 

Ft. Thomas finest could have done more for Cheryl instead of being buddies wih Bob but that's just my opinion.

  • Author
Ft. Thomas finest could have done more for Cheryl instead of being buddies wih Bob but that's just my opinion.

 

If someone there dropped the ball they should have lost their job over it.

Ft. Thomas finest could have done more for Cheryl instead of being buddies wih Bob but that's just my opinion.

 

Cat, I have heard the same thing regarding Bob's buddies at the Ft T PD...

I have had cases with Deanna and in my experience she is not a whack job.

 

Agree. Deanna is focused and very intense. She has a Gloria Allred personality that turns some people off but does not short-arm the preparation. She has received not guilty verdicts on multiple high profile felonies.

 

(Little known fact, Deanna went to Murray State on a Cross Country scholarship.)

 

http://jpda.murraystate.edu/greenstone/collect/dullrich-yearbo56/index/assoc/HASHcbf1.dir/doc.pdf

This case reminds me why I disdain plea bargains. Sort of like lobbyists to me. Can't stand either one and both should be eradicated.

The first sentence is just words on paper by the Commonwealth.

And I strongly disagree on law enforcement involvement. We bent over backwards to help any victims of domestic violence even if there wasn't an injury. Anything to the contrary was never my experience in law enforcement.

 

Words alone, or not, they carry weight.

 

As to domestic abuse, I am glad that your department went out of its way. I find that, many times, officers are in a no-win situation. Without physical signs of abuse, it is always a "He said/She said." I can see why many would error on the side of caution in terms of enforcing anything. With it being that way, many times victims fear that they will get no protection until they are actually injured. It takes an INCREDIBLY strong man or woman to say to an officer near the presence of the abuser, "This guy is a piece of work. Take him in. This is what he just said, this is what he has done to put me in imminent fear for my well being."

If someone there dropped the ball they should have lost their job over it.

 

I only know the details reported in the paper at the time of trial. The paper reported that the police had been called to their house a week or so prior. They asked what assistance they could provide and she waived them off. How true that is is only known to the few that were on Madonna at the time.

This case reminds me why I disdain plea bargains. Sort of like lobbyists to me. Can't stand either one and both should be eradicated.

 

Meh, this wasn't cut and dry. She could have hung the jury, she could have walked. If I remember correctly, there had been some chain of custody issues on one piece of evidence. It only takes one juror to destroy the case.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.