Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Wife Convicted of Murder Asks For New Trial

Featured Replies

  • Replies 346
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
If Snodgrass was so sure there was no evidence of domestic violence, why did she not challenge the motion asking the judge to rule that McCafferty was a domestic violence victim?

 

Just speculating but I assume it was part of a larger plea deal that was supposed to keep her in jail for 18 years with no appeals. Or at least that is how I read the article.

I don't know if the pardon was appropriate or not. What I do know from what I have read above is that the pardon was mishandled by the Governor.

 

As to whether it was appropriate or not, the people who know the answer are those two children.

I don't know if the pardon was appropriate or not. What I do know from what I have read above is that the pardon was mishandled by the Governor.

 

As to whether it was appropriate or not, the people who know the answer are those two children.

 

They look pretty happy to have their mom back home.

I don't know if the pardon was appropriate or not. What I do know from what I have read above is that the pardon was mishandled by the Governor.

 

As to whether it was appropriate or not, the people who know the answer are those two children.

 

Beshear or someone around him should of notified the family.

 

But I agree that I'm pretty sure those children know if their mom was abused or not.

There is a lot many do not know on here so I would be careful about reserving judgement based on the limited information you have.

 

IF you knew Bob and were close to him then you obviously are going to think this is a joke. If you were close to Cheryl and knew the things going on there than you obviously are elated.

 

I knew neither of them, I had one phone conversation with Bob and it was about his son playing basketball. He had a great personality and was very well liked by many. However, this doesnt mean he was different behind closed doors.

Beshear or someone around him should of notified the family.

 

But I agree that I'm pretty sure those children know if their mom was abused or not.

 

Notified them because she was a threat or simply out of respect? I would have to think the latter.

Notified them because she was a threat or simply out of respect? I would have to think the latter.

 

 

Respect

I guess I don't get the pardon. She was due to get out in April and I thought she had already been granted early release to get out this month. The pardon doesn't expunge the record, what exactly did the pardon do?

I guess I don't get the pardon. She was due to get out in April and I thought she had already been granted early release to get out this month. The pardon doesn't expunge the record, what exactly did the pardon do?

 

Any restrictions placed on her as a convicted felon are removed. So she can now vote as well as own a firearm.

Absolute slap in the face to the jury who convicted this murderer and Robert's family. Snodgrass reiterated that there was absolutely NO evidence of domestic violence during her trial and the jury didn't buy her story at all. Pure politics at work here. Beshear should be ashamed of making a mockery of our justice system.

 

Have to agree with you on this.

The whole concept of "pardons" is odd and seemingly goes against what we stand for. We should never have a leader have absolute power. That's what this is.

The fact that the kids have backed and supported her from day one tells me all I need to know about whether there was domestic abuse...

The fact that the kids have backed and supported her from day one tells me all I need to know about whether there was domestic abuse...

 

:no:

  • Author
The whole concept of "pardons" is odd and seemingly goes against what we stand for. We should never have a leader have absolute power. That's what this is.

 

You opened the door for Star Trek

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.