Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Wife Convicted of Murder Asks For New Trial

Featured Replies

  • Author
We could spend the rest of our lives speculating on why Bob McCafferty is dead.

 

In other words I cornered you on this one in post 179.

  • Replies 346
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Either way you look at it, it could have been Cheryl planning the murder of her husband and she knew if she let the police in that would disrupt her plans.

 

There is plenty of blame to go around but no one can deny the last sentence is one possibility.

 

Or that she feared if the police did show up, were acquainted with husband and left, that she was going to be dead....

 

She was and is guilty of murder, irrespective of circumstances.

 

I have no idea how anyone cannot look at Ft Thomas PD and not find, at a minimum, negligance

I don't understand how anyone can say that this wasn't murder. She shot him in the head when he was sleeping. Not when he was in the act of beating her, as he allegedly did. But when he was laying on his bed posing no threat. If she would have shot him while an he has in the act of assaulting her, that's fine she was defending herself.

 

Also, was there any evidence that he did actually assault her? We're taking one person's testimony as truth, when the other person is obviously unable to give theirs. Were there any over medical records, did any friends ever notice an bruises or signs of abuse?

 

This wasn't self defense. Self defense occurs during an assault. If someone punches me in the face, I cant follow them down the street and shoot them in the head and call it self defense. This was murder and its absurd the is walking around free today.

In other words I cornered you on this one in post 179.

 

Hardly.

 

That was purely speculation on your part. I do not think she was planning Bob's murder in the days before he died; although if Cheryl was a battered wife, I'm sure she had days where she wished he was dead.

  • Author
Or that she feared if the police did show up, were acquainted with husband and left, that she was going to be dead....

 

She was and is guilty of murder, irrespective of circumstances.

 

I have no idea how anyone cannot look at Ft Thomas PD and not find, at a minimum, negligance

 

I already said in this thread that someone(s) from the PD possibly should have lost their job and maybe even been prosecuted.

 

Problem is, we only have a limited set of facts and it isn't in anyone's best interests at this time to release more.

 

I still stand by if the Fort Thomas PD did something wrong (I have no idea if they did or they didn't) Cheryl should hire the best lawyer money can buy and sue the PD and the City upside down and inside out.

We could spend the rest of our lives speculating on why Bob McCafferty is dead.

 

Bob McCafferty is dead because Cheryl murdered him.

  • Author
Hardly.

 

That was purely speculation on your part. I do not think she was planning Bob's murder in the days before he died; although if Cheryl was a battered wife, I'm sure she had days where she wished he was dead.

 

Speculation that no one, including you, can rule out.

Bob McCafferty is dead because Cheryl murdered him.

 

Again, I go back to why did she murder him. What was her motive?

Again, I go back to why did she murder him. What was her motive?

 

Does that matter? "It may explain it, but it doesn't excuse it."

Speculation that no one, including you, can rule out.

 

I already have ruled it out. :p

  • Author
I already have ruled it out. :p

 

Which makes you a non-objective third party by your own admission. In other words, someone we should NOT listen to in this thread.

Which makes you a non-objective third party by your own admission. In other words, someone we should NOT listen to in this thread.

 

Look, I don't know either of these people. Never met them in my life. I am, however, familiar with domestic violence unfortunately and can understand what Cheryl may have gone through. That's all.

 

Sometimes it's just not as cut and dry as he's dead and she murdered him.

 

I care not one bit whether anyone here listens to me or not. It changes nothing.

 

Cheryl is a free woman and is back with her children. I am happy as hell for them!

  • Author
Look, I don't know either of these people. Never met them in my life. I am, however, familiar with domestic violence unfortunately and can understand what Cheryl may have gone through. That's all.

 

Sometimes it's just not as cut and dry as he's dead and she murdered him.

 

I care not one bit whether anyone here listens to me or not. It changes nothing.

 

Cheryl is a free woman and is back with her children. I am happy as hell for them!

 

I am happy for the children too.

Does that matter? "It may explain it, but it doesn't excuse it."

 

It does matter, because it explains it. No one has said anywhere that DV excuses it, but people that have been involved with this story would like to know the details.

 

We will likely never know, but we do know that there are huge gaps in the story we do have and at least some information that could make one speculate about the reasons "why".

Which makes you a non-objective third party by your own admission. In other words, someone we should NOT listen to in this thread.

 

Why would we "not" listen to someone in this thread. There are a number of others that are clearly in the non-objective third party mode...mostly on the anti Cheryl side of the argument.

 

Outside of a few, most on here have expressed that they are not in favor of Cheryl's release, mostly because of their non-objectiveness...

 

...besides, I thought you already talked to her in language she can understand :wacky:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.