Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Wife Convicted of Murder Asks For New Trial

Featured Replies

I'm late to the party, obviously, so let me get this straight with HHSH. You'd be cool if she shot him as he attacked her? But if he was in the act and there was no physical evidence other than her word that she was being attacked, would we not be in the same place from an evidence or lack thereof stance?

  • Replies 346
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well at least you maintain consistency....good to see that your emotion on this subject equates understanding of domestic violence as "garbage", speaks volumes about your ability to maintain some type of objectivity.

 

What exactly, by your definition, would be "in the act of assaulting".... ?

 

I will ask you the same question I have posed earlier, slightly different: How many times have you been held captive, fearful for your safety, and had to devise a plan to get out of that situation?

 

If you tell me more than twice, I'll listen to your non-objective drivel, until then, you would appear to just want to insist that your view of domestic violence is right and Cheryl McCafferty's view is wrong....dollars to donuts you have never spent significant time with any victim of domestic violence.

 

Actually, I was referring to the strategy of rebutting someone's argument by saying that they don't understand the argument, was a garbage strategy. But carry on.

 

Also, are you really going to sit there and say that just because I haven't been put in the same circumstances that she was, that I can't have an opinion, or am unqualified to comment on the situation? Really? how many issues have you commented on that you have never been apart of? Have you ever been involved in the foreign policy decision making process? Have you ever been tasked with dealing with situations similar to those that face our LEO? it is asinine to assert that just because I or anyone else haven't been involved in a particular situation, somehow means that we don't know or understand a situation. If you want that to be your qualification for understanding an issue, then I look forward to only seeing your interjections on topics which you have been associated with. I suspect that wont be the case though.

 

 

I also feel like the act of assaulting has a pretty straight forward definition. I am sure that sleeping does not fall under that definition under any circumstance.

No one is arguing that the legal burden of proof was not met, that's how she ended up locked up....that does not mean that "there were no signs". In fact the opposite is true, there would appear to be a good deal of circumstantial evidence that speaks otherwise. To see that, you have to be able to open your eyes and look past your own biases...that's not really happening

 

What biases are you assuming I have?

I'm late to the party, obviously, so let me get this straight with HHSH. You'd be cool if she shot him as he attacked her? But if he was in the act and there was no physical evidence other than her word that she was being attacked, would we not be in the same place from an evidence or lack thereof stance?

 

It is reasonable to assume that if he was physically assaulting her there would be physical evidence of such. I just don't see any situation where he is able to physically assault her without leaving any marks. If for some reason it turns out he was somehow able to defy physics and physically assault her and not leave any marks, then yes I agree that we would be back in the same situation.

She's not a convicted murderer....

 

She was convicted of murder, was she not?

It is reasonable to assume that if he was physically assaulting her there would be physical evidence of such. I just don't see any situation where he is able to physically assault her without leaving any marks. If for some reason it turns out he was somehow able to defy physics and physically assault her and not leave any marks, then yes I agree that we would be back in the same situation.

 

Wasn't her argument that the latest abuse was him pulling a gun on her?

Wasn't her argument that the latest abuse was him pulling a gun on her?

 

Is that physical abuse, or is that mental/emotional abuse?

Is that physical abuse, or is that mental/emotional abuse?

 

Does it matter as far as justifying her killing him?

 

If it was proven that he put a gun to her face and told her to kill herself and THEN she shot him while sleeping would that be justified in your eyes?

Does it matter as far as justifying her killing him?

 

If it was proven that he put a gun to her face and told her to kill herself and THEN she shot him while sleeping would that be justified in your eyes?

 

No, because it means she forewent multiple other options to remove herself from a dangerous situation to instead kill him.

She's not a convicted murderer....

 

She was convicted of murder, was she not?

 

1st degree manslaughter

No, because it means you forewent multiple other options to remove yourself from a dangerous situation to instead kill him.

 

That would also be true if it was proven that he beat her, right?

As RM stated in post #241, some of you have absolutely no understanding of the effects of emotional and verbal abuse on a victim of DM. Years of mental abuse can make people do any # of desperate things like shooting your abuser in the head while he's sleeping before he can wake up and finish what he told her he was going to do to her.

That would also be true if it was proven that he beat her, right?

 

Again, no. Threatening someone is not the same as physical abuse. Threatening someone can be characterized dangerous situation, but does not imply that she was being beaten.

Is that physical abuse, or is that mental/emotional abuse?

If I stuck a gun in my wife's mouth, on her temple, on her side and threatened her and the kids, I'd expect to be shot, preferably when I slept. But I surely understand the difficulty in proving such.

If I stuck a gun in my wife's mouth, on her temple, on her side and threatened her and the kids, I'd expect to be shot, preferably when I slept. But I surely understand the difficulty in proving such.

 

 

If i threatened my wife as such, I would hope she would be smart enough to leave my sorry a**.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.