Where does this guy get his information?

50inarow

Something needs to be done because public schools don't believe the other private schools are following the rules?

OK.....

Since they don't believe, then it must be true?

This is my biggest beef here. There's no proof of wrong doing by most of the schools targeted here. Yet, because public schools "think" there is wrongdoing, there must be a drastic change.

I'll reiterate this point I made months ago:

Even if the private schools are eliminated as competition for the coveted state title, there will be another roadblock for public schools....other public schools.

In 4A football, for instance, you'll have the following "new" perennial champions:

Male, Manual, Ballard, Warren Central, Henry Clay, Dunbar, Boone County, Dixie Heights..

That's stretching it a lot, but I can guarantee you that either Male or Manual will be there every year. The others will have to probably rotate, and a few others may jump in.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a kid at my school right now who is an 8th grader. He is going to a different public high school next year, and not moving into their district. He will continue to live in our town. The feeder school system would not let that happen unless he moved into the other district.

So, you have a 5th grader, who's never even played football, or any other sport. Now you have to choose his middle school, and that will determine his participation in sports in high school, which is still 4 years away, what school are you going to choose? How are you going to prioritize your decision?

So, you have a 5th grader, who's never even played football, or any other sport. Now you have to choose his middle school, and that will determine his participation in sports in high school, which is still 4 years away, what school are you going to choose? How are you going to prioritize your decision?

Better still you have a child playing basketball and sitting the bench and them playing bball in HS is a pipe dream. And then between their 7th and 8th grade year they grow 6-8 inches. Now what do you do because you are locked in to where they had been attending.

Making it just based on your 8th grade year, maybe.

Having to make the decision at the end of their 6th grade year, to me, is a stretch.

OK.....

Since they don't believe, then it must be true?

This is my biggest beef here. There's no proof of wrong doing by most of the schools targeted here. Yet, because public schools "think" there is wrongdoing, there must be a drastic change.

I'll reiterate this point I made months ago:

Even if the private schools are eliminated as competition for the coveted state title, there will be another roadblock for public schools....other public schools.

In 4A football, for instance, you'll have the following "new" perennial champions:

Male, Manual, Ballard, Warren Central, Henry Clay, Dunbar, Boone County, Dixie Heights..

That's stretching it a lot, but I can guarantee you that either Male or Manual will be there every year. The others will have to probably rotate, and a few others may jump in.

Proof is tough! Until the KHSAA is willing to have someone oversee all practices including work study.

Exactly which part am I off base about. Most of the info on here is presented by people with biased opinions.

Your off based because the fact a student is an athlete has nothing to do with how much finanical aid they get. When financial aid is given out it is decided by a 3rd party who has no clue who the student is, and that is why what you are saying it outright lies.

You could be Mr.Basketball, but if your parents are well of, you don't get diddly from the private school.

Prioritize by education. The problem is when a child is a good athlete, they are influenced by adults to attend other schools. This happens in private and public schools.

Something needs to be done because public schools don't believe the other private schools are following the rules?

Also, because of the 48 Privates and 300+ publics, 5 of the 8 football teams in state championships were private. That is a red flag in itself. Shouldn't that be the other way around? Based on the majority.

Look at the rosters of those private schools. I would almost guarntee atleast 90-95% of NCC football players who won state are Catholic.

Proof is tough! Until the KHSAA is willing to have someone oversee all practices including work study.

Have you investigated the financial aid practices? Have you gone to any school's website to look at the criteria? Have you talked to any school yourself? Have [/b]you[/b] any knowledge you feel is a violation that you haven't reported to the KHSAA?

Or, are you basing your decision and opinion on perception?

The burden of proof goes both ways. Prove a school committed an infraction, or prove they didn't. There have been plenty of investigations over time, and most have been proven innocent.

The process is there, and apparently is working. Ask Lex Cath, Highlands...

But then again....unless the result eliminates the private schools, no one will believe there's no wrong-doing. It's not a matter of whether there's proof of wrong-doing or not. It's a matter of not wanting to believe the results of an investigation.

Your off based because the fact a student is an athlete has nothing to do with how much finanical aid they get. When financial aid is given out it is decided by a 3rd party who has no clue who the student is, and that is why what you are saying it outright lies.

You could be Mr.Basketball, but if your parents are well of, you don't get diddly from the private school.

That is what I said. I would hope both students and student athletes would be given the same kind of aid. That was cleared up yesterday. Thanks though.

Look at the rosters of those private schools. I would almost guarntee atleast 90-95% of NCC football players who won state are Catholic.

What does that have to do with anything? Were Stone and the other RB from Cincinnati Catholic in 2003? I am Catholic. I did not go to Catholic school. Just because you are Catholic does not mean you should be able to go to any school you would like despite location.

Have you investigated the financial aid practices? Have you gone to any school's website to look at the criteria? Have you talked to any school yourself? Have [/b]you[/b] any knowledge you feel is a violation that you haven't reported to the KHSAA?

Or, are you basing your decision and opinion on perception?

The burden of proof goes both ways. Prove a school committed an infraction, or prove they didn't. There have been plenty of investigations over time, and most have been proven innocent.

The process is there, and apparently is working. Ask Lex Cath, Highlands...

But then again....unless the result eliminates the private schools, no one will believe there's no wrong-doing. It's not a matter of whether there's proof of wrong-doing or not. It's a matter of not wanting to believe the results of an investigation.

I do not want seperation. I want for kids in Indiana to go to High School in Indiana? Kids who live in Kenton County to attend private school in Kenton County, not Campbell County. Kid who live in Cincinnati need to attend school in Cincinnati. Not Private or public schools elsewhere.

What does that have to do with anything? Were Stone and the other RB from Cincinnati Catholic in 2003?

They were Catholic. Their high school did not offer football. A guy who was like a big brother and from that school came over to HC to coach and brought some kids who looked over with him.

I do not want seperation. I want for kids in Indiana to go to High School in Indiana? Kids who live in Kenton County to attend private school in Kenton County, not Campbell County. Kid who live in Cincinnati need to attend school in Cincinnati. Not Private schools elsewhere.

That's fine....but that's not what Prop 20, or any of the compromises is addressing. Those were other proposals on the table that should have, in my opinion, been voted upon first. If those proposals had been passed, then there would have been no need whatsoever for Prop 20.

The fact that the decision was made to skip addressing single issues, and address the most drastic proposal on the agenda first is telling to me. It tells me that there's no interest in resolving issues. There's only an interest in eliminating private schools from post season competition with public schools.