May 14, 201313 yr Best of luck to him. I'm glad it wasn't UNC since it wasn't UK. Where does this elevate KU to rankings wise? Top 5 IMO. They are very young, but wow what a young core Seldon, Wiggins, and Embiid is. Joel Embiid is going to be a monster, I'm just hoping it doesn't all happen this season. If he blossoms and hits his peak with that team then Kansas is going to be tough to beat. Frankamp Seldon Wiggins Ellis Embiid Tharpe, ?, ?, off the bench...... Pretty good squad. Better than UK, not on paper. But a squad that can do some damage.
May 14, 201313 yr Bill Self better hope he sells Wig to play full speed on the defensive end. He's virtually unstoppable with the ball in his hand, but his D is Carmelo-esque.
May 14, 201313 yr Best of luck to Andrew--Hope he enjoys his year in Kansas; and has a long & productive NBA career. Glad he didn't pick UNC, but would have rather seen FSU as a KY fan. Hope the UK fans take this with class, and let the kid go about his business!! Me too! I've always read it really turned Wiggins off the way UK fans treated Anthony Bennett last year and looks like that could have some truth to it. In other things with some truth to it, looks like the so talked about Aaron Harrison vine video has some truth to it now. I'm sure UK's class is thinking the same thing discussed in the video right now.
May 14, 201313 yr Some UK fans are writing that they are glad he didn't pick UNC, but from UK's standpoint Kansas is the worst possible choice. It is Kansas, and not UNC, that is nipping at UK's heels in terms of total number of all-time wins. If UK stumbles some this year and Kansas excels with Wiggins, UK could be looking up at Kansas in the all-time wins total by the end of the season. Big get by KU. KU lost so much from last year and with UNC bringing some of their guys back, from a national championship mindset, KU is the least likely to do so. KU will be good but with Wiggins but at UNC they would have been great.
May 14, 201313 yr Now I can share...Self turned a player away recently because he said that scholarship was taken. And now it is... Yeah we all knew you knew a long time ago. :rolleyes:
May 14, 201313 yr Personally I would love to see these two teams go head to head next season. That Wiggins/Randle matchup last summer in the Peach Jam was epic! A rematch on the college stage would be an awesome encore. Another thing to try and lighten the mood for UK fans. If you want to look at some positive things, most people forget that James Young shined bright last year in the Nike Global Challenge eventually winning the title for his team against Wiggins, and also won the MVP. Not a bad consolation prize. Not on the same level as Wiggins (not too many are), but he's right up there especially in terms of scoring the basketball.
May 14, 201313 yr The Good- It wasn't North Carolina The Bad- It wasn't Kentucky The Ugly- LRCW got it right in the prediction thread
May 14, 201313 yr Why couldn't you have shared that earlier? Because the guy who told me asked me not to.
May 14, 201313 yr Yeah we all knew you knew a long time ago. :rolleyes: I know what I was told two nights ago and that's what I posted in the other thread. Bill Self thought he had Wiggins and he turned away a high-level transfer because he said he didn't have a scholarship for him. He also feels he has Tarik Black locked up so I guess we'll see how that plays out.
May 14, 201313 yr Me too! I've always read it really turned Wiggins off the way UK fans treated Anthony Bennett last year and looks like that could have some truth to it. In other things with some truth to it, looks like the so talked about Aaron Harrison vine video has some truth to it now. I'm sure UK's class is thinking the same thing discussed in the video right now. What's the story on that video? Wiggins and the Harrisons not seeing eye to eye?
May 14, 201313 yr Some UK fans are writing that they are glad he didn't pick UNC, but from UK's standpoint Kansas is the worst possible choice. It is Kansas, and not UNC, that is nipping at UK's heels in terms of total number of all-time wins. If UK stumbles some this year and Kansas excels with Wiggins, UK could be looking up at Kansas in the all-time wins total by the end of the season. Big get by KU. Firstly, to be fair, everyone really wanted him to go to FSU if not their school. That's basically on every side. The wins record is a source of pride for Kentucky and Kentucky fans, but they want the titles more. If Wiggins elevates KU significantly, but UNC would possibly have been elevated over Kentucky in the national title picture. If KU passes them in wins, it is what it is. That's a never ending battle. Wasn't that long ago (relatively speaking) that UNC had it. They're 3rd now. Once upon a time Kansas held the title too.
May 14, 201313 yr Wiggins should have gone to Dragon Army. Julian Delphiki is an excellent undersized guard with a lot of room to grow.
May 14, 201313 yr I know what I was told two nights ago and that's what I posted in the other thread. Bill Self thought he had Wiggins and he turned away a high-level transfer because he said he didn't have a scholarship for him. He also feels he has Tarik Black locked up so I guess we'll see how that plays out. He had to hold the scholly for Wiggins until today regardless....
May 14, 201313 yr You wearin' your waders? Why would you wear waders? I said in the other thread that Bill Self feels confident he has Wiggins and then Wiggins chose Kansas. Not much crap there.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.