May 14, 201313 yr Could you be more bitter? Yes. Easily. But I don't want to make anyone mad because I am being honest. I'm already a bad example of a UK fan and that has shattered my psyche.:cry:
May 14, 201313 yr Duke has zero national title hopes without Parker IMO. While they won't count on a huge number of freshmen like KU & UK, I still think their long-term success is dependent primarily on Parker. After the Kyrie Irving year I refuse to talk national title hopes until Duke is in the Final Four. Until then it's a meaningless conversation. I think Dawkins, Cook and Sulaimon are more important. Parker will get his.
May 14, 201313 yr I haven't followed Black much. Who else is in for him? I don't even know what position he plays. Kansas and Duke I know for sure. He's a 6'9" 262 pound banger who averaged 8 points and 4 rebounds for Memphis. He's much needed at Duke as the frontcourt is Jabari Parker, Hairston, Jefferson and Plumlee. He would provide the much needed bulk and depth as the Duke frontcourt is rather slim physically. Even with Parker. Black has also graduated so he'd be eligible immediately.
May 14, 201313 yr I think Dawkins, Cook and Sulaimon are more important. Parker will get his. No doubt on the first three guys you mention.
May 14, 201313 yr Black has also graduated so he'd be eligible immediately. This was really all I knew about him. I would think he'd get more PT at Kansas. I think they lost almost everybody.
May 14, 201313 yr This was really all I knew about him. I would think he'd get more PT at Kansas. I think they lost almost everybody. I think it would be the same at either school. I'm certain he'd start over Plumlee.
May 14, 201313 yr I think it would be the same at either school. I'm certain he'd start over Plumlee. So would you
May 14, 201313 yr They will. Which is why it is a mistake for him to go there. Doesn't matter though. This one year in his life will be meaningless. Even more so now that he's a Jayhawk. Would it have been if he went to UK?
May 14, 201313 yr I still think Kansas will suck myself. I guess we'll see. Top 10 team. Nothing more IMO.
May 14, 201313 yr Definitely shocked by this, but oh well. Even Coach Cal can't win them all. Good luck to Wiggins, and I hope he does very well with the Jayhawks.
May 14, 201313 yr Would it have been if he went to UK? Yes. One of the main reasons I was so put off by how long it took for him to make a decision is because this one year of his life will mean very little in the long run. I'd have been way more excited had he came to UK but in the grand scheme of things his next year will mean next to nothing 20-30 years from now.
May 14, 201313 yr The class of 2013 is what will make this season of basketball better. In addition, a lot of top teams from last year return much of their talent. I'm thinking of Michigan State & Louisville in particular. Kentucky & Kansas will rely heavily on freshmen. Duke will rely a lot on freshmen. Michigan State, Louisville, & Carolina will have talent & experience. If Indiana had returned Oladipo & Zeller... Not really..... They have Rodney Hood coming in, as well as veterans like Cook, Dawkins, Murphy, Gbinije, etc. Then you have sophomores like Suliamon and Amile Jefferson. That's a pretty good veteran presence to welcome in Parker, Jones, and co.
May 14, 201313 yr Whachu talking about, Willis???? Andre Dawkins(senior), Tyler Thornton(senior), Quin Cook(junior),Rasheed Sulaimon(sophomore), Rodney Hood(sophomore), Alex Murphy(sophomore), Amile Jefferson(sophomore), Josh Hairston(senior), Marshall Plumlee(sophomore).....Matt Jones, Jabari Parker and Semi Ojeleye are the 3 freshmen. Parker will expected to be an immediate impact but to say Duke will be relying on freshmen is false IMO, lil homey. Didn't see your post but :thumb:
May 14, 201313 yr Self and his staff are deeply connected to Nike... How does that work? Because KU is affiliated with Adidas does that means the basketball team has to be as well, or what? I know Self's relationship likely stems from his days at Illinois, but this is an interesting concept.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.