Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andrew Wiggins commits to Kansas

Featured Replies

Best of luck to him. I'm glad it wasn't UNC since it wasn't UK. Where does this elevate KU to rankings wise?

 

#2.. Kansas is legit now.

  • Replies 151
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we meet Kansas in the Tournament.

#2.. Kansas is legit now.

 

I meant more in terms of team rankings for next year rather than recruiting rankings. They were picked in the 19-21 range prior to this.

Now I can share...Self turned a player away recently because he said that scholarship was taken. And now it is...

I hope we meet Kansas in the Tournament.

 

I personally hope Kentucky gets every poor sisters of the blind and disenfranchised team they can get in the tournament. No sense in hoping to face ANY good teams if we're wishing.

 

Now, if you could guarantee a WIN in those games, then perhaps there are some teams I could add to a wish list....

#2.. Kansas is legit now.

 

Not even top 5, maybe top 10. Right off the top of my head I would have UL, MSU, and Duke above KU, probably UNC as well.

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ

Happiest dudes besides Bill Self today? UK commit James Young (nation's No. 3 SF) and Alex Poythress. One of 'em will start now.

Best of luck to Andrew--Hope he enjoys his year in Kansas; and has a long & productive NBA career. Glad he didn't pick UNC, but would have rather seen FSU as a KY fan. Hope the UK fans take this with class, and let the kid go about his business!!

 

Not even top 5, maybe top 10. Right off the top of my head I would have UL, MSU, and Duke above KU, probably UNC as well.

 

Recruiting class.

I actually prefer him going to Kansas over UNC or FSU which are 2 of my 4 least favorite schools along with Louisville and Florida.

 

I hope it works out for him. I like Bill Self, he seems like a great guy but if I want to become the best player I can be in one year I'd have went Calipari (I don't see how anyone would dispute this). However, Kansas likely provides him with most of what he is looking for. They may not be the frontrunner, but they're a contender next year if the team comes together. He's now close to his brother. He gets to play for one of the most successful programs in the country. Its a good fit for him, and I wish him well.

I'm happy for the kid. I will now not turn the channel to another game with KU is on. I wish him luck. I hope UK wins it all, if they have to get knocked out, I hope it's him that does it. IMO, he handle the recruitment perfectly. I think the uberobnoxious BBN made it a no brainer for him. He's not a prima donna. He's not a media hound. He's just refreshing. Best of luck Wig!

Some UK fans are writing that they are glad he didn't pick UNC, but from UK's standpoint Kansas is the worst possible choice. It is Kansas, and not UNC, that is nipping at UK's heels in terms of total number of all-time wins. If UK stumbles some this year and Kansas excels with Wiggins, UK could be looking up at Kansas in the all-time wins total by the end of the season.

 

Big get by KU.

Now I can share...Self turned a player away recently because he said that scholarship was taken. And now it is...

 

Why couldn't you have shared that earlier?

Not even top 5, maybe top 10. Right off the top of my head I would have UL, MSU, and Duke above KU, probably UNC as well.
I just posted this in the Way TOO early Top 25 thread. This from ESPN on April 29th:

 

21. Kansas Jayhawks: If there were ever a year to leave Kansas out of the preseason Top 25, this would be it. With freshman Ben McLemore turning pro, the Jayhawks lose all five starters from a team that finished last season 31-6. Kansas, though, has a habit of making its naysayers look foolish. Bill Self has led KU to nine straight Big 12 titles, averaging 30 wins during his 10 seasons in Lawrence. No matter what, he's going to find a way to win. Next season's team will lean heavily on rising sophomore Perry Ellis -- who seemed to be getting more and more comfortable near the end of last season -- as well as returning backups Jamari Traylor and Naadir Tharpe. KU's veterans must provide leadership for a recruiting class that features a McDonald's All-American in Wayne Selden, a talented-but-raw center in Joel Embiid and pair of sharpshooters in Conner Frankamp and Brannen Greene. Incoming freshman Frank Mason could challenge Tharpe for the starting point guard job. Kansas will jump up a few spots in these rankings if it's able to land Tarik Black, a bruising forward who would be favored to start. And the Jayhawks will move up significantly if Wiggins picks KU.

Matt Jones says the UK has been pessimistic ever since Randle committed to UK.

 

It was probably either one or the other. Considering Poythress is back, along with Young, Randle at the 4 was the bigger need IMO. Wiggins obviously the better player and could play the four (as well as Poythress), but when you look at it Randle really rounded out the class nicely.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.