Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andrew Wiggins commits to Kansas

Featured Replies

Kansas and Duke I know for sure. He's a 6'9" 262 pound banger who averaged 8 points and 4 rebounds for Memphis. He's much needed at Duke as the frontcourt is Jabari Parker, Hairston, Jefferson and Plumlee. He would provide the much needed bulk and depth as the Duke frontcourt is rather slim physically. Even with Parker. Black has also graduated so he'd be eligible immediately.

 

That's some banger. :lol2:

  • Replies 151
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really.....

 

 

They have Rodney Hood coming in, as well as veterans like Cook, Dawkins, Murphy, Gbinije, etc. Then you have sophomores like Suliamon and Amile Jefferson. That's a pretty good veteran presence to welcome in Parker, Jones, and co.

 

As I said earlier, Duke will be good but I only think they're great if Parker is great (and I think he will be). I should have said they will rely heavily on a freshman as opposed to a group of freshmen, even though I think Matt Jones will be solid. Duke's title hopes mostly reside on Parker's shoulders. Just my opinion though.

As I said earlier, Duke will be good but I only think they're great if Parker is great (and I think he will be). I should have said they will rely heavily on a freshman as opposed to a group of freshmen, even though I think Matt Jones will be solid. Duke's title hopes mostly reside on Parker's shoulders. Just my opinion though.

 

I can agree but I think it will be more along the line of Parker AND Hood. That tandem will determine a lot of games.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDanielsFOX 43s

Talked to @rfulford a bit ago. His reaction to Wiggins' decision: "I was shocked."

This made sense to me. UK was sitting pretty, Wiggins would have just pushed it completely over the top more than it already was. His brother plays at Wichita State so he is still close to him. He goes to a team where he can be the man and still compete for a title, unlike UK where he would have been one of many and FSU where he wouldn't have competed for a title. UK is still the favorite, Wiggins just would have made it a foregone conclusion. No sweat off my back, good luck to the kid. He's going to be a name we hear about not only next year but the many years after that in the NBA.

A few adds from what I read today and previous days:

 

KU coaches didn't know AW's decision ahead of time.

 

PP92 asked about the Harrison's video. They were in a car and someone in the back seat made a disparaging comment about AW. There was some laughter that followed. One of the Harrisons then tweeted that it wasn't them that made the comment. Some reports say AW was very bothered by the video. Did it kill UK? Probably not. It didn't help though.

 

I'm still stunned by fans calling him a prima dona/attention hog.

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDanielsFOX 43s

Talked to @rfulford a bit ago. His reaction to Wiggins' decision: "I was shocked."

 

A few adds from what I read today and previous days:

 

KU coaches didn't know AW's decision ahead of time.

 

PP92 asked about the Harrison's video. They were in a car and someone in the back seat made a disparaging comment about AW. There was some laughter that followed. One of the Harrisons then tweeted that it wasn't them that made the comment. Some reports say AW was very bothered by the video. Did it kill UK? Probably not. It didn't help though.

 

I'm still stunned by fans calling him a prima dona/attention hog.

 

Let's see, Fulford was shocked and the Kansas coaches didn't know. Yet, Wireman knew 2 days ago because the head coach at Kansas declined a transfer because he knew he had Wiggins in the bag. So why did Self let Wireman in on the decision but didn't share the info with Fulford or his assistants?

 

After reading everything today I think Wiggins made the right decision. If he was turned off by that video he would have been miserable at UK. Plus, from what I understand he ruled UK out when Randel committed which tells me he really wanted to be the big dog.

For the record Matt Jones spoke to someone unnamed and that person said last week it was Kansas. A tiny tiny group of people had any info.

I can agree but I think it will be more along the line of Parker AND Hood. That tandem will determine a lot of games.

 

I can agree with that.

For the record Matt Jones spoke to someone unnamed and that person said last week it was Kansas. A tiny tiny group of people had any info.

 

No he talked to someone that guessed right...

How does that work? Because KU is affiliated with Adidas does that means the basketball team has to be as well, or what? I know Self's relationship likely stems from his days at Illinois, but this is an interesting concept.

Yes KU has a deal with Adidas so that includes hoops. Self is tight with a lot of the power guys at Nike so his ties there will always be strong even at an Adidas school...

Yes KU has a deal with Adidas so that includes hoops. Self is tight with a lot of the power guys at Nike so his ties there will always be strong even at an Adidas school...

Was KU Adidas before self or do coaches not have a lot to do with it?

Was KU Adidas before self or do coaches not have a lot to do with it?

 

KU has been Adidas for a while. Coaches do have some say, but ultimately it is a money deal like everything else. If Nike offered more money, they would be a Nike school...

I was very hopeful that Wiggins would pull the trigger for UK, but it was all guesswork.

 

It is a good spot for him, in Lawrence. They lost every starter and have a few decent reserves returning, but have a really good class coming in. I am not so sure Wiggins shied away from the spotlight, because Kansas fans are pretty darn fervent bout their hoops.

 

The host mom was not a UK fan and even said, "Thank god he didn't go to UK" afterwards.

 

Its a three hour drive from Lawrence to Whicita for the two brothers and makes it easier on the parents to see both.

 

Self has had some success with some one and done players, including Xavier Henry (I think that is the last name...drawing a blank), Josh Selby and Ben McElmore. The last two have had a bit of a cloud hanging over their heads though.

 

I wish nothing but the best for the kid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.