Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Andrew Wiggins commits to Kansas

Featured Replies

I respectfully disagree. Sure a lot of them are that way, but a big chunk of them never forget their college experience or what it was about. Just for UK alone in the past few years multiple guys come back for camps and give back to the University in some capacity. Guys like Nerlens Noel are making the most of their time in college.

 

That's right. Guys like Wall, Cousins, Davis, MKG, etc. have already came back to campus multiple times for one reason or another. It's not like they just said see you later Lexington and never looked back, they come back around all the time in the summer for camps and what not.

 

 

 

Let's not get carried away. Those dudes come back for high profile scrimmages. Even at camps that bear their ever precious name on them they only show up at camp the first night for a 1 hour meet and greet and then they are gone never to be seen from at their camp again.

 

I take that back. John Wall likes to come back to Lexington to get thrown out from Two Keys from time to time. :lol:

 

 

Give back to UK. :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

See you guys at the next Calipari satellite camp. :lol:

  • Replies 151
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's not get carried away. Those dudes come back for high profile scrimmages. Even at camps that bear their ever precious name on them they only show up at camp the first night for a 1 hour meet and greet and then they are gone never to be seen from at their camp again.

 

I take that back. John Wall likes to come back to Lexington to get thrown out from Two Keys from time to time. :lol:

 

 

Give back to UK. :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

See you guys at the next Calipari satellite camp. :lol:

 

Everyones acting like they don't care at all, if they didn't care at least a little bit why come back at all? These guys pop in and out all the time every summer, even when nothings going on. How many #1 picks, or top 5 NBA picks do you know of that even go back to their old college campus?

 

Of course he did. :lol2:

 

Said it a week before the decision. There is no such thing as a secret anymore.

If the host mother in Huntington disliked Kentucky so much that she commented, "Thank God he didn't choose UK", then she more than likely said negative things about UK in front of Wiggins during household conversations. It didn't have to be too obvious or a daily thing, but enough comments here and there could have had some bearing on his decision. Then throw in the Harrison car video to add to the negativity. So he finally chooses Kansas based on his brother being close by at Wichita State. But I will always believe that at one time in the recruiting process that Kentucky was by far and away the choice in Wiggins' mind.

 

Also for what it's worth, I have a hunch (I get those occasionally) that if UK and KU meet in the NCAA tourney next year that UK wins by 15 to 20 points. I don't see them having any trouble with the Jayhawks. On the other hand, there's several other schools that will be formidable foes, namely Louisville, Michigan State, Michigan, Florida, and Duke.

Everyones acting like they don't care at all, if they didn't care at least a little bit why come back at all? These guys pop in and out all the time every summer, even when nothings going on. How many #1 picks, or top 5 NBA picks do you know of that even go back to their old college campus?

 

 

I'd say a lot more than you think.

I wish the kid all the best (with the excepton of a UK/KU game) and if he really didn't want to come to UK then I am glad that he didn't. Bill Self is one of the very elite coaches in the country along with being a class act. So, if not to UK then I am glad that Self got him instead of UNC.

I respectfully disagree. Sure a lot of them are that way, but a big chunk of them never forget their college experience or what it was about. Just for UK alone in the past few years multiple guys come back for camps and give back to the University in some capacity. Guys like Nerlens Noel are making the most of their time in college.

 

That's right. Guys like Wall, Cousins, Davis, MKG, etc. have already came back to campus multiple times for one reason or another. It's not like they just said see you later Lexington and never looked back, they come back around all the time in the summer for camps and what not.

 

Not one of those high profile, "one and done" type guys picked UK because they loved the University. They chose UK because it (mostly Cal) gave them the best chance to be drafted early and get to the NBA. Did they make friends and have a good time while they were on campus? I'm sure they did. Come back to town and hang with your friends, what college kid doesn't do that? But I'll say again, highly doubtful that ANY of them chose UK because of the University. Do those guys come to UK if Cal isn't there? No? Then it's not about the University.

Not one of those high profile, "one and done" type guys picked UK because they loved the University. They chose UK because it (mostly Cal) gave them the best chance to be drafted early and get to the NBA. Did they make friends and have a good time while they were on campus? I'm sure they did. Come back to town and hang with your friends, what college kid doesn't do that? But I'll say again, highly doubtful that ANY of them chose UK because of the University. Do those guys come to UK if Cal isn't there? No? Then it's not about the University.

I think this could be said just about anywhere. If a kid picked a school because of the university they'd go to places like Miami (OH)...beautiful campus, great learning environment. Wigs picked KU because he probably thought it was the best place to showcase his talents and if Bill Self wasn't there...I highly doubt Wiggins would be there. Just about no one picks a school because of the university.

Its about the coach, tradition, playing time, ect.

 

So I'd have to agree with what you have stated.

Not one of those high profile, "one and done" type guys picked UK because they loved the University. They chose UK because it (mostly Cal) gave them the best chance to be drafted early and get to the NBA. Did they make friends and have a good time while they were on campus? I'm sure they did. Come back to town and hang with your friends, what college kid doesn't do that? But I'll say again, highly doubtful that ANY of them chose UK because of the University. Do those guys come to UK if Cal isn't there? No? Then it's not about the University.

 

Obviously as 90% of kids pick the school based upon the coach, but it is two separate subject matters.

Not one of those high profile, "one and done" type guys picked UK because they loved the University. They chose UK because it (mostly Cal) gave them the best chance to be drafted early and get to the NBA. Did they make friends and have a good time while they were on campus? I'm sure they did. Come back to town and hang with your friends, what college kid doesn't do that? But I'll say again, highly doubtful that ANY of them chose UK because of the University. Do those guys come to UK if Cal isn't there? No? Then it's not about the University.

 

Of course they came because of Cal. I was just arguing the point that the guys don't get attached, or don't end up connected with the University. A lot of them do, I mean isn't the love for #BBN obvious? Follow some UK athletes on twitter and you'll see what I mean, obviously fans of other schools are not going to see as much love given back to the school.

Of course they came because of Cal. I was just arguing the point that the guys don't get attached, or don't end up connected with the University. A lot of them do, I mean isn't the love for #BBN obvious? Follow some UK athletes on twitter and you'll see what I mean, obviously fans of other schools are not going to see as much love given back to the school.

 

Plenty of non-UK athletes show their schools just as much love as the former UK players. Mainly because they are on campus longer than six months.

 

Plenty of non-UK athletes show their schools just as much love as the former UK players. Mainly because they are on campus longer than six months.

 

I agree with that. Reason we see so much is because its UK and because we are in the state of Kentucky. Be silly to think that former UK players give/do more than any other school. Hard to judge if that's even true or not.

Plenty of non-UK athletes show their schools just as much love as the former UK players. Mainly because they are on campus longer than six months.

 

Which proves the point. A lot of former UK student athletes have just as much love for their school as the ones who stay three or four years. Debate solved. Can't remember reading anything in this thread that said UK players are the only ones who give back to the school. Only thing I really remember is people saying UK's former player's could care less, which I've argued to the contrary.

Which proves the point. A lot of former UK student athletes have just as much love for their school as the ones who stay three or four years. Debate solved. Can't remember reading anything in this thread that said UK players are the only ones who give back to the school. Only thing I really remember is people saying UK's former player's could care less, which I've argued to the contrary.

 

One and done players do not have as much invested as a three or four year player. Not sure how that's even in question. The debate was about players picking UK because of the University. That doesn't happen either.

Saw there was a bunch of activity on this thread and thought that Wiggins must have changed his mind, by the amount of recent post. Then realized that the thread had just went off of the rails...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.