Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TOO Early top 25 (2013-2014)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 92
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

No more talented that what UK returns

 

 

Nah, only the player of the year. :lol2:

I'm surprised UC isn't even mentioned...their front court will be really good next year. Obviously some questions in the back court but I'd put their front court against a lot of teams next year and like their chances. UC should be pretty deep next year as well.

 

They will be pretty big 2 thru 5:

 

6'4 Kilpatrick

6'7 Thomas/6'8 Rubles

6'10 Lawrence/6'8 Jackson

6'8 Jackson/6'10 Gaines/7'2 Nyarsuk

 

We will see...UC always comes in underrated. Kind of used to it now.

I'm surprised UC isn't even mentioned...their front court will be really good next year. Obviously some questions in the back court but I'd put their front court against a lot of teams next year and like their chances. UC should be pretty deep next year as well.

 

They will be pretty big 2 thru 5:

 

6'4 Kilpatrick

6'7 Thomas/6'8 Rubles

6'10 Lawrence/6'8 Jackson

6'8 Jackson/6'10 Gaines/7'2 Nyarsuk

 

We will see...UC always comes in underrated. Kind of used to it now.

 

I think that if they're underrated, it's perfectly deserved. That group looks a lot like the same one that finished ninth in the Big East and exited the tournament in the first round. That big front court was defensively solid but there wasn't much evidence they could help UC put points on the board.

I'm not knocking at all, merely asking a question, but how many times has Cal had the most talented team in the country?

I'm not knocking at all, merely asking a question, but how many times has Cal had the most talented team in the country?[/quote

 

2

I'm not knocking at all, merely asking a question, but how many times has Cal had the most talented team in the country?

 

Definitely once, but I'll say two. The 2010 UK team and the 2012 UK team. As good as his Memphis team was in 2008, I think that KU team was more talented. As far as 2010, the 2010 KU team also had a ton of talent if memory serves me correctly. Weren't the upset by Northern Iowa in the second round?

Definitely once, but I'll say two. The 2010 UK team and the 2012 UK team. As good as his Memphis team was in 2008, I think that KU team was more talented. As far as 2010, the 2010 KU team also had a ton of talent if memory serves me correctly. Weren't the upset by Northern Iowa in the second round?

 

Pretty much agree here. There may have been a team or two as talented as 2010, but none were more talented.

 

2012 was the most talented with UNC very close behind.

 

UK was also highly ranked the three previous years and that worked out okay.

 

Burke is leaving. Louisville loses Siva, Dieng, Smith and possibly Behanan.

 

Not to mention this class is far better than last years.

I'm not knocking at all' date=' merely asking a question, but how many times has Cal had the most talented team in the country?[/quote']

 

I don't think he's ever had a recruiting class like this. I don't think anyone has.

I don't think he's ever had a recruiting class like this. I don't think anyone has.

I'm not referring to strictly recruiting class. Singulaer, just mean the total package.

 

I would have gone 3.

I'm not referring to strictly recruiting class. Singulaer, just mean the total package.

 

I would have gone 3.

 

I assume you would count the Memphis Squad as the third.

 

Here's the box score from the title game: Kansas Jayhawks vs. Memphis Tigers - NCAA Tournament Game - Box Score - April 07, 2008 - ESPN

 

I might rate it a toss up on talent but I could see a case for either team.

^ I think UCLA could be is the discussion as well. Collision, Westbrook, & Love were a tremendous trio.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.