April 29, 201313 yr CBS: 1. Kentucky 2. Louisville 3. Michigan State 4. Michigan (:eek:) 5. Florida 6. Duke 7. Arizona 8. North Carolina 9. Ohio State 10. Oklahoma State Top 25 (and one): Post-NBA deadline rankings see Cards rise - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and RPI Rankings Edited May 14, 201313 yr by Randy Parker
April 29, 201313 yr Pretty much agree on Duke. Love Parker's game & body, but don't know a great deal about Hood other than what I have read about him. I would add my concern with them is at the 5 spot. I like Arizona too. Want to see how the Duquense kid runs the show for them. I think Kentucky has the most talent, even not knowing where Wiggins will go, but a lot of really good teams next year. I assume that Marshall Plumlee will hold the 5 spot. Seems like you and I are the only ones that like Arizona as a top team.......
April 29, 201313 yr I think we all can agree this is the most talent we've seen in college basketball in over 5 years. It's going to be an awesome year.
April 29, 201313 yr Duke scares me as well. They will be able to play a lot of different looks and will be very dangerous no matter who they have on the floor. If Plumlee #3 holds down the paint, I think they are going to be tough. If he struggles though that may be about the only weakness you could try to exploit. I look for them to play a lot of Cook Suliamon Hood Parker Plumlee With shooters like Dawkins, and Jones coming off the bench and then add in long athletic guys like Murphy, Jefferson, and Ojeleye. That's a pretty solid 10 deep, they will be able to surround Parker with shooters everywhere. Going to be a matchup nightmare for most.
April 30, 201313 yr If I had any faith in Quinn Cook I might have Duke #1. Hood and Parker are going to be a nightmare on the wings, and Dawkins ability to stretch the floor is well documented... Agree 100%. Which Cook will we see on the floor this year? Will see the good scoring PG or the quiet PG that does nothing? Don't forget that Thorton will also be running some point. Not the offensive threat but great defender and has had numerous big 3's for Duke. I'm actually really excited for this Duke team.
May 14, 201313 yr This is what ESPN said about Kansas on April 29, 2013. Now that Wiggins has committed, where are they ranked preseason now? 21. Kansas Jayhawks: If there were ever a year to leave Kansas out of the preseason Top 25, this would be it. With freshman Ben McLemore turning pro, the Jayhawks lose all five starters from a team that finished last season 31-6. Kansas, though, has a habit of making its naysayers look foolish. Bill Self has led KU to nine straight Big 12 titles, averaging 30 wins during his 10 seasons in Lawrence. No matter what, he's going to find a way to win. Next season's team will lean heavily on rising sophomore Perry Ellis -- who seemed to be getting more and more comfortable near the end of last season -- as well as returning backups Jamari Traylor and Naadir Tharpe. KU's veterans must provide leadership for a recruiting class that features a McDonald's All-American in Wayne Selden, a talented-but-raw center in Joel Embiid and pair of sharpshooters in Conner Frankamp and Brannen Greene. Incoming freshman Frank Mason could challenge Tharpe for the starting point guard job. Kansas will jump up a few spots in these rankings if it's able to land Tarik Black, a bruising forward who would be favored to start. And the Jayhawks will move up significantly if Wiggins picks KU.
May 14, 201313 yr UK, MSU, Louisville and Kansas are the four best teams in the country as of today IMO. UK and Kansas have a lot to prove, but I think they'll end up as two of the best.
May 14, 201313 yr 1. Kentucky 2. Michigan State 3. Louisville 4. Duke 5. Arizona 6. Kansas 7. Florida 8. Ohio State 9. Oklahoma State 10. North Carolina
May 15, 201313 yr 1. Kentucky 2. Michigan State 3. Louisville 4. Duke 5. Arizona 6. Kansas 7. Florida 8. Ohio State 9. Oklahoma State 10. North Carolina You really think Kansas is better than UNC?
May 15, 201313 yr The thing I always wonder about preseason polls is what are the voters thinking, by that I mean are they picking the best teams right out of the box come November or how they think things will wind up next April?
May 15, 201313 yr You really think Kansas is better than UNC? By season's end I do. I'm just not sold on UNC being as good as others think. And it's not because I hate them. :lol2:
May 15, 201313 yr By season's end I do. I'm just not sold on UNC being as good as others think. And it's not because I hate them. :lol2: I can see that happening. I just wanted to know your reason why :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.