Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TOO Early top 25 (2013-2014)

Featured Replies

UK is going 40-0.
Well, the last time a team went undefeated was Knight's IU squad in '76. Since that time every champion has had at least two losses. That number is amazing in itself. There are too many variables with a group of 18 and 19 year old kids to rely upon for it to happen. Well, at lot has to go one's way for it to happen. UK in '96 and last year even more so is about as close as we have seen. Actually UNLV in '91 and Duke in '99 were close, but they did not win the titles.
  • Replies 92
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't put me in with that bunch that are clamining a 40-0 season, and championship # 9 next year if next years team isn't living up to all these lofty expectations. I would think most people would have learned their lesson this year.

 

I wouldn't put them at #1, at least until they play a few games. It was pretty obvious in November that last year's team was overratred.

Well, the last time a team went undefeated was Knight's IU squad in '76. Since that

time every champion has had at least two losses. That number is amazing in itself. There are too many variables with a group of 18 and 19 year old kids to rely upon for it to happen. Well, at lot has to go one's way for it to happen. UK in '96 and last year even more so is about as close as we have seen. Actually UNLV in '91 and Duke in '99 were close, but they did not win the titles.

 

And the undefeated '76 Indiana team was very fortunate to achieve zero losses. In their game against Kentucky, center Kent Benson slapped at an offensive rebound as he was falling backwards and to the floor as time ran out. The balled miraculously fell into the basket and the Hoosiers survived on the Benson basket. I believe that game was played in Louisville.

Don't put me in with that bunch that are clamining a 40-0 season, and championship # 9 next year if next years team isn't living up to all these lofty expectations. I would think most people would have learned their lesson this year.

 

Why should last years team have any effect on my opinion of next years team?

UK is going 40-0.

In fact, I will probably pick them to lose against Michigan State at the start of the season. This will be Izzo's best team in some time.

In fact, I will probably pick them to lose against Michigan State at the start of the season. This will be Izzo's best team in some time.

 

Same here.

If UK doesn't land Wiggins, they'll be in trouble. Michigan State and Louisville are going to be tough.

If UK doesn't land Wiggins, they'll be in trouble. Michigan State and Louisville are going to be tough.

 

I don't think they're in trouble; they're just not the clear-cut #1 team. Maybe not the #1 team at all, at least in the pre-season.

As of today I'd go

 

1) Louisville

2) Michigan State

3) Kentucky

4) Duke

As of today I'd go

 

1) Louisville

2) Michigan State

3) Kentucky

4) Duke

 

I think those are the four best teams at this point.

 

With UL it depends on how that JUCO kid handles the point.

 

Sparty loses only Nix, so I'm really confident that they will be solid.

 

UK has the talent, but it has to mesh. Same is true with Duke & I'm eager to see how Dawkins performs after having sat out a year.

I think those are the four best teams at this point.

 

With UL it depends on how that JUCO kid handles the point.

 

Sparty loses only Nix, so I'm really confident that they will be solid.

 

UK has the talent, but it has to mesh. Same is true with Duke & I'm eager to see how Dawkins performs after having sat out a year.

 

 

If I had any faith in Quinn Cook I might have Duke #1. Hood and Parker are going to be a nightmare on the wings, and Dawkins ability to stretch the floor is well documented...

Why should last years team have any effect on my opinion of next years team?

 

 

Because despite their ranking coming out of high school you never know how good a kid is going to be at the collegiate level until you see them play. They may not mesh well with their new teammates. Perhaps they were overrated. You just never know.

If I had any faith in Quinn Cook I might have Duke #1. Hood and Parker are going to be a nightmare on the wings, and Dawkins ability to stretch the floor is well documented...

 

Pretty much agree on Duke. Love Parker's game & body, but don't know a great deal about Hood other than what I have read about him. I would add my concern with them is at the 5 spot.

 

I like Arizona too. Want to see how the Duquense kid runs the show for them.

 

I think Kentucky has the most talent, even not knowing where Wiggins will go, but a lot of really good teams next year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.