Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Roster for 2013/14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 441
  • Views 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodwins effort has increased throughout the year; Poythress is just hanging out.

Don't mention food. PP92 will crash the party & eat everything.

 

If he comes he has to wear something UK.....:lol2: On the food...I cook enough to feed all of Winchester.

Yep :thumb:

 

Actually wouldn't Hood be able to transfer and play right-a-way via the Graduate school rule assuming he graduates this Spring?

 

Doesn't it have to be for a graduate program that's not offered @ UK? Does he really want to leave? IDK.

Still not enough.

 

Won't have any adult beverages....that is where I couldn't supply enough:lol2:.....

Doesn't it have to be for a graduate program that's not offered @ UK? Does he really want to leave? IDK.

 

Yes.

Poythress is projected as a lottery pick still, hard to see him sticking around.

 

D League by December...

  • Author
D League by December...

 

Any more that's true of a lot of first-round picks.

Any more that's true of a lot of first-round picks.

 

Because either the guys leaving for the NBA are stupid or the teams drafting them are building assets like the Rockets. No way Terrance jones was a dleague guy, the Rockets just had 10 power forwards on their roster.

 

However I think there is a movement to use the d-league as it was intended, a minor league system. Used to just be a bunch of cast offs.

Because either the guys leaving for the NBA are stupid or the teams drafting them are building assets like the Rockets. No way Terrance jones was a dleague guy, the Rockets just had 10 power forwards on their roster.

 

However I think there is a movement to use the d-league as it was intended, a minor league system. Used to just be a bunch of cast offs.

 

I think you can look at guys like T Jones, Lamb, Miller, etc. as examples for these guys especially Jones. No way no how is Poythress anywhere as good as Jones was, so if Jones isn't sniffing NBA minutes and has been in the D-League for much of the year, whats it say about Poythress' chances? Same for guys like Perry Jones III, Moultrie, Wroten, etc. IMO all of those were light years ahead of Poythress and Goodwin, so if they weren't ready then those two certainly are not. Just because you can get drafted doesn't make it the best decision to leave.

Harrow has been my biggest disappointment this season with a wire finish by Poythress and Wiltjer for second most. I understand where Harrow is coming from with those postgame comments, but he had to know what he was signing up for. Poythress, goodness where do I start? I guess the simple statement, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" will suffice. Lastly Wiltjer. IMO he regressed this year. Last year was awesome when he came off the bench and put up 3 pointers like he was Reggie Miller. But this year when he had to play a leading role he crumbled, no confidence and no defense.

 

Going forward for next year I hope Harrow grows up, starts to act like a UK basketball player, or just leave quietly and find greener pastures somewhere because he wont have a lot of opportunities next year for PT. I believe if Poythress stays another year, works hard with Cal, something will click because quite frankly it has to. Wiltjer will hopefully be able to accept a supporting role next year and do exactly what he did last year, come off the bench and give UK some quality points.

 

Overall if Noel is the only one to leave for the NBA, then look out. This team won 21 games with months to prepare for a basketball season. Next year with the talent coming in and supposedly the kids that are staying its almost unfair to give Cal another year with this team.

I wouldn't mind WCS and Poythress staying, but Goodwin can go. don't know if I could take another year of his horrible play.

 

Couldn't agree more.

I think you can look at guys like T Jones, Lamb, Miller, etc. as examples for these guys especially Jones. No way no how is Poythress anywhere as good as Jones was, so if Jones isn't sniffing NBA minutes and has been in the D-League for much of the year, whats it say about Poythress' chances? Same for guys like Perry Jones III, Moultrie, Wroten, etc. IMO all of those were light years ahead of Poythress and Goodwin, so if they weren't ready then those two certainly are not. Just because you can get drafted doesn't make it the best decision to leave.

 

Good point, but they all want to get paid now. But I agree with you and that's a very good point and comparison.

I wouldn't be surprised with 2 or even 3 transfers. I'll share my thoughts after the season ends.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.