March 18, 201313 yr If you come back and stay through your junior or even senior year, they could develop into good enough players to last long enough in the NBA. Or just as easily show that they don't belong, and donate the chance at cashing in on their "potential".
March 18, 201313 yr Or just as easily show that they don't belong, and donate the chance at cashing in on their "potential". If you are a 19 year old kid are you really wired that way? How many college players look like this as a freshman and end up making a nice Pro out of themselves? Me thinks a lot.
March 18, 201313 yr For Poythress if the money is there he better get it now. The only stats he will get on next years team is maybe an assist for passing a water bottle.
March 18, 201313 yr If you are a 19 year old kid are you really wired that way? How many college players look like this as a freshman and end up making a nice Pro out of themselves? Me thinks a lot. When I was 19, I'd have taken the 3 mil so fast my new Benz couldn't keep up.
March 18, 201313 yr If you are a 19 year old kid are you really wired that way? How many college players look like this as a freshman and end up making a nice Pro out of themselves? Me thinks a lot. What 19 year old makes a decision solely by himself? Even these kids have someone, somebody, people telling the to go pro. If had any influence on any of them I'd tell them to leave also. Their draft stock will fall even further if they come back IMO.
March 18, 201313 yr When I was 19, I'd have taken the 3 mil so fast my new Benz couldn't keep up. Exactly. When I was 19 I thought I was the stuff because of my 500.00 Visa card I signed up for and eventually received during the first week of school. (I just wanted the t shirt and they gave me a 500.00 limit and bad credit...awesome...).
March 18, 201313 yr ???? Explain. Saying he is not in shape to play bball this far into the year and doesn't have much of a workout program. Maybe he just planned on standing on the 3 point line. Prob is today's athletes are faster than ever.
March 18, 201313 yr If you come back and stay through your junior or even senior year, they could develop into good enough players to last long enough in the NBA. That is what my whole point hinges on. The talent is there, they just have to learn how to get the most out of it everytime they're on the court. Comes with experience, some never figure it out, others do.
March 18, 201313 yr I hope Poythress and WCS come back. Also, Wiltjer lift a weight, or take a boxing class this off season and youghen up son.
March 18, 201313 yr That is what my whole point hinges on. The talent is there, they just have to learn how to get the most out of it everytime they're on the court. Comes with experience, some never figure it out, others do. I'm not sure the talent is there. I think the athleticism is though.
March 18, 201313 yr I'm not sure the talent is there. I think the athleticism is though. It's there somewhere, we've seen it in spurts but only tiny glimpses. He has shown he can hit the three, and in games such as the Duke game has shown he can hit the beast mode switch every now and then. If he can learn to play with that beast mode mentality that matches his physical gifts, all the while still showing the ability to hit a jumper he can be pretty good. Biggest thing for Poythress is getting it right upstairs and to quit pouting every time something bad happens. If he ever figures out he has to go 100% every time he's on the court he could turn into something, but that includes 100% on D, crashing the boards, etc.
March 18, 201313 yr It's there somewhere, we've seen it in spurts but only tiny glimpses. He has shown he can hit the three, and in games such as the Duke game has shown he can hit the beast mode switch every now and then. If he can learn to play with that beast mode mentality that matches his physical gifts, all the while still showing the ability to hit a jumper he can be pretty good. Biggest thing for Poythress is getting it right upstairs and to quit pouting every time something bad happens. If he ever figures out he has to go 100% every time he's on the court he could turn into something, but that includes 100% on D, crashing the boards, etc. Name a guy that went from a low motor type to a high motor type. It isn't a switch you turn on, its your personality...
March 18, 201313 yr What 19 year old makes a decision solely by himself? Even these kids have someone, somebody, people telling the to go pro. If had any influence on any of them I'd tell them to leave also. Their draft stock will fall even further if they come back IMO. Sure it will next year but what about the year after that or the next year? Just because you go to UK doesn't mean you only can stay one or two years. Maybe college is the peak for Alex or Archie but maybe it isn't. You see a lot of raw talent in both (way more so than guys like Jorts or Liggins) and there's no shame in playing 3/4 years in college. Come back, work hard, get an education and see what happens.
March 18, 201313 yr Name a guy that went from a low motor type to a high motor type. It isn't a switch you turn on, its your personality... He wouldn't have to go from a low motor to high motor, if he just improved his motor I think he would be okay. He just has to at least give effort an entire game and I think he's a lot better. He hasn't shown he can give effort an entire game yet, but if he comes around to at least play with some kind of effort (even if he's not running through brick walls like MKG)he could be a servicable player.
March 18, 201313 yr Saying he is not in shape to play bball this far into the year and doesn't have much of a workout program. Maybe he just planned on standing on the 3 point line. Prob is today's athletes are faster than ever. And you know this how?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.