Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Roster for 2013/14

Featured Replies

It's a lot easier to be "coach able " when your sitting next to Cal on the bench and a bunch of freshman are actually doing the playing.

 

 

That's my point. He's going to be on the bench next season with very little chance of increasing his draft status as he goes from starter to bench player. Add in the fact that the draft this year is weak and figures to be much stronger in 2014 and there's no reason for him to come back. I can't wait to see what he does.

  • Replies 441
  • Views 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I think the freshman need to come back to improve? Yes.

 

Do I think it's the best decision? Not really. With an improved draft class next year their stock will likely not rise and possibly fall because of the increased talent. Also the playing time issue is a concern for them I'd have to believe. I couldn't blame them for going.

You guys are assuming if anyone comes back its only for one year. They could stay 2 or 3 years, and then next year's draft class doesn't matter.

As much as Archie has annoyed me I wouldn't mind seeing what he could bring to the table with an off-season in Lexington. More depth means playing time isn't a guarantee, the light may just click on.

Agreed. Another year for Archie will only be beneficial if he decides it's going to be beneficial.

 

Didn't some say the same thing about Terrence Jones?

Didn't some say the same thing about Terrence Jones?

 

Yes, but Jones decided it would be beneficial & became a more consistent contributor. I'm just saying Archie will have to come to the same conclusion.

Yes, but Jones decided it would be beneficial & became a more consistent contributor. I'm just saying Archie will have to come to the same conclusion.

 

Agree. That was my point.

Yes, but Jones decided it would be beneficial & became a more consistent contributor. I'm just saying Archie will have to come to the same conclusion.

 

But Jones understood team basketball from the beginning. Goodwin has limited to almost zero concept of this.

You guys are assuming if anyone comes back its only for one year. They could stay 2 or 3 years, and then next year's draft class doesn't matter.

 

That's a great point.

I always thought Jones only came back to improve his draft status.

But Jones understood team basketball from the beginning. Goodwin has limited to almost zero concept of this.

 

He was a better distributor while running the point. Assist numbers were pretty decent if I remember right. But I basically agree that he's seemed selfish at various points throughout the year.

I always thought Jones only came back to improve his draft status.

 

I think the Lockout also played a big part in his decision to return.

Hood, Harrow and Polson need to transfer to a smaller school, maybe like EKU, WKU or someone like that because they aren't gonna get no playing time next season. Goodwin can go too, we don't need a ball hog on the team that's gonna end up costing us games.

 

Charles Barkley told Nerlens to return to school and not to go pro...Not that it makes any difference, just throwing it out their

 

 

I'm already pretty excited about next year. It will only get better if we get Randle or Wiggins, if we happen to get both (which I don't see it happening) then look out...

Hood, Harrow and Polson need to transfer to a smaller school, maybe like EKU, WKU or someone like that because they aren't gonna get no playing time next season. Goodwin can go too, we don't need a ball hog on the team that's gonna end up costing us games.

 

Charles Barkley told Nerlens to return to school and not to go pro...Not that it makes any difference, just throwing it out their

 

 

I'm already pretty excited about next year. It will only get better if we get Randle or Wiggins, if we happen to get both (which I don't see it happening) then look out...

 

Polson will stay. He's not at UK for playing time. He's there to be a part of a team. He turned down a scholarship to walk on at UK. Guys like that are needed on UK's team every year. He gets it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.