Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Roster for 2013/14

Featured Replies

Polson will stay. He's not at UK for playing time. He's there to be a part of a team. He turned down a scholarship to walk on at UK. Guys like that are needed on UK's team every year. He gets it.

 

He knows his role and plays it very well. Such a honor for him to wear the UK jersey.

  • Replies 441
  • Views 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Polson will stay. He's not at UK for playing time. He's there to be a part of a team. He turned down a scholarship to walk on at UK. Guys like that are needed on UK's team every year. He gets it.

 

Yep :thumb:

 

Actually wouldn't Hood be able to transfer and play right-a-way via the Graduate school rule assuming he graduates this Spring?

That's my point. He's going to be on the bench next season with very little chance of increasing his draft status as he goes from starter to bench player. Add in the fact that the draft this year is weak and figures to be much stronger in 2014 and there's no reason for him to come back. I can't wait to see what he does.

 

Even if he didn't start he would still see a lot of minutes next season, especially if Wiggins doesn't come. Like I've mentioned, Aaron Harrison can also play the point so it's not like he's going to be eating up all the 2 guard minutes. Young can play 2 or 3 so really when you look at it you have 3-4 guys (Aaron Harrison, James Young, Archie, Poythress) playing two different positions (2/3) with Poythress also able to get minutes at the 4 as well. More minutes to go around than you think, he will still get minutes and he will look a lot better with more talented guys around him.

 

 

Again on the whole draft thing, just because he goes higher this draft doesn't mean anything other than 1st contract money. If your not ready to play in the NBA and are walking into a situation where the odds are against you sticking around or cracking the rotation in your first couple of years you need to wait until you are ready to come in and contribute or crack a rotation by your second or third year. IMO that benefits of getting a larger second deal is better than taking the quick cash on your rookie deal.

Actually wouldn't Hood be able to transfer and play right-a-way via the Graduate school rule assuming he graduates this Spring?

 

That is my understanding.

Just finished listening to the first hour of KSR yesterday & I wanted to add that Jones stated he would "be shocked" if Julius Randle picked someone other than UK next week.

 

If the Cats do indeed land Randle, party at goldie's house. She's been looking forward to this for years. :lol2::thumb:

Just finished listening to the first hour of KSR yesterday & I wanted to add that Jones stated he would "be shocked" if Julius Randle picked someone other than UK next week.

 

If the Cats do indeed land Randle, party at goldie's house. She's been looking forward to this for years. :lol2::thumb:

No kidding. I have been hearing about Randle from goldie since he was a third grader.

No kidding. I have been hearing about Randle from goldie since he was a third grader.

 

I'm told she has ultrasound pictures of him when he was in his mother's womb.

But Jones understood team basketball from the beginning. Goodwin has limited to almost zero concept of this.

 

Are you being serious? You do remember the whole Calipari you are a selfish mofo cursing to Jones right? The entire first half of that season was all about how Jones was so selfish and not playing to help the team. Why do you think they hit their stride late? It was becasue Jones "finally" bought into the whole team concept.

Agree Dolamite; Jones was a me-first guy

Just finished listening to the first hour of KSR yesterday & I wanted to add that Jones stated he would "be shocked" if Julius Randle picked someone other than UK next week.

 

If the Cats do indeed land Randle, party at goldie's house. She's been looking forward to this for years. :lol2::thumb:

 

No kidding. I have been hearing about Randle from goldie since he was a third grader.

 

I'm told she has ultrasound pictures of him when he was in his mother's womb.

 

 

:lol2::lol2: No secret I am a huge Randle fan. If he announces UK....you know I will be doing a UK Cheer in my great room. Come on over, some say I am a good cook. I can throw a party for all of us. :thumb:

Are you being serious? You do remember the whole Calipari you are a selfish mofo cursing to Jones right? The entire first half of that season was all about how Jones was so selfish and not playing to help the team. Why do you think they hit their stride late? It was becasue Jones "finally" bought into the whole team concept.

 

:up: Not being serious at all. That was a little sarcasm thrown in there because Jones was exactly that way but came around. Goodwin - I don't see him buying into that if he stayed all 4 years.

:lol2::lol2: No secret I am a huge Randle fan. If he announces UK....you know I will be doing a UK Cheer in my great room. Come on over, some say I am a good cook. I can throw a party for all of us. :thumb:

 

Don't mention food. PP92 will crash the party & eat everything.

I think Goodwin might be one of the most misunderstood players on UK. Goodwin probably puts forth the most effort on this UK team. He actually hustles and tries to make plays (I'm looking at you Poythress). 1 on 1 Goodwin may be the best player in the country. His problem though is that he likes to go 1 on 3 which usually ends badly. If he learns to trust other players on the team... Look out!

I think Goodwin might be one of the most misunderstood players on UK. Goodwin probably puts forth the most effort on this UK team. He actually hustles and tries to make plays (I'm looking at you Poythress). 1 on 1 Goodwin may be the best player in the country. His problem though is that he likes to go 1 on 3 which usually ends badly. If he learns to trust other players on the team... Look out!

 

I'll agree with the first part. Goodwin puts forth a ton of effort, unlike Poythress and Harrow.

 

As to the second part, sorry, Marcus Smart all day long.

Don't mention food. PP92 will crash the party & eat everything.

 

No doubt, there's a rice ration in Japan because he was there so long.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.