March 17, 201313 yr I wouldn't be surprised with 2 or even 3 transfers. I'll share my thoughts after the season ends. It's over. Go ahead and share.
March 17, 201313 yr It's over. Go ahead and share. It's not over yet. They'll have at least one more game.
March 17, 201313 yr It's not over yet. They'll have at least one more game. So you think they will take the NIT bid.
March 17, 201313 yr So you think they will take the NIT bid. Apparently they don't have a choice. Saw some talk today that in order to turn down the NIT you have to make it known before the season...
March 17, 201313 yr So you think they will take the NIT bid. I think they will and I think they should.
March 17, 201313 yr Apparently they don't have a choice. Saw some talk today that in order to turn down the NIT you have to make it known before the season... I'm not doubting you, but that makes 0 sense.
March 17, 201313 yr I think you can look at guys like T Jones, Lamb, Miller, etc. as examples for these guys especially Jones. No way no how is Poythress anywhere as good as Jones was, so if Jones isn't sniffing NBA minutes and has been in the D-League for much of the year, whats it say about Poythress' chances? Same for guys like Perry Jones III, Moultrie, Wroten, etc. IMO all of those were light years ahead of Poythress and Goodwin, so if they weren't ready then those two certainly are not. Just because you can get drafted doesn't make it the best decision to leave. Here is reality. They have a chance to bank about 3 million dollars if they go and get a 1st round guarantee right now. If they return and play spot roles off the bench those numbers likely go down. You are ignoring the obvious truth. Neither is likely to stick in the NBA for long, so getting as much guaranteed cash in the draft slotting system means more life changing money before reality sets in. That is where your stance is flawed...
March 17, 201313 yr I'm not doubting you, but that makes 0 sense. The NIT is no longer some independent tournament you can just blow off. It is owned and operated by the NCAA and is fueled by ESPN cash. UK can't say no even if they wanted to. Make sense yet???
March 17, 201313 yr The NIT is no longer some independent tournament you can just blow off. It is owned and operated by the NCAA and is fueled by ESPN cash. UK can't say no even if they wanted to. Make sense yet??? Yes, but how does one opt out before the season? Basically, you're in and that's that.
March 17, 201313 yr Yes, but how does one opt out before the season? Basically, you're in and that's that. Guessing that's the point of the rule if it does exist as folks were saying on Twitter this afternoon. You aren't going to stick it to the NCAA or ESPN just because you didn't meet expectations, but there is an out that is all but irrelevant...
March 17, 201313 yr Here is reality. They have a chance to bank about 3 million dollars if they go and get a 1st round guarantee right now. If they return and play spot roles off the bench those numbers likely go down. You are ignoring the obvious truth. Neither is likely to stick in the NBA for long, so getting as much guaranteed cash in the draft slotting system means more life changing money before reality sets in. That is where your stance is flawed... Do you still think Poythress would be guaranteed a first round pick? I've heard that he's dropped out of the top 60 in some projections.
March 17, 201313 yr Do you still think Poythress would be guaranteed a first round pick? I've heard that he's dropped out of the top 60 in some projections. I wouldn't take him, but all it takes is one team. I'd say most (if not all) that have him out of the draft are projecting he returns, and not that he declares and goes undrafted. If he can get a guarantee he needs to go. His motor isn't going to suddenly turn on while watching 25-30 minutes of action from the seat next to Antigua next year...
March 17, 201313 yr The NIT is no longer some independent tournament you can just blow off. It is owned and operated by the NCAA and is fueled by ESPN cash. UK can't say no even if they wanted to. Make sense yet??? Just when we thought we could move on ... thanks for the insight though.
March 17, 201313 yr Here is reality. They have a chance to bank about 3 million dollars if they go and get a 1st round guarantee right now. If they return and play spot roles off the bench those numbers likely go down. You are ignoring the obvious truth. Neither is likely to stick in the NBA for long, so getting as much guaranteed cash in the draft slotting system means more life changing money before reality sets in. That is where your stance is flawed... I still like the chances better if you give yourself a couple more years to develop your game before trying to make the jump. If guys like Draymon Green and Jae Crowder can crack an NBA rotation in their first years I like somebody likes Poythress' chances if given the time to find his game. He has a lot of the parts, just hasn't made them fit. Unfortunately what he misses most is upstairs, but the physical tools and actual skills are there (at times). I think he is still a 1st rounder no matter if he comes out this year, next, or even the next. He's probably not lottery after this season, so whats really the difference in being drafted 15-20 to 20-29? I'm sure somebody like Patric Young thought he may be able to come out after one year, but he will probably end up graduating from Florida. When its all said and done though he probably still ends up a first and will be a much better player once he gets there compared to what he would have been had he left early (which he would probably be cut by now). I just feel returning gives you chance at sticking and two checks is better than one.
March 17, 201313 yr I still like the chances better if you give yourself a couple more years to develop your game before trying to make the jump. If guys like Draymon Green and Jae Crowder can crack an NBA rotation in their first years I like somebody likes Poythress' chances if given the time to find his game. He has a lot of the parts, just hasn't made them fit. Unfortunately what he misses most is upstairs, but the physical tools and actual skills are there (at times). I think he is still a 1st rounder no matter if he comes out this year, next, or even the next. He's probably not lottery after this season, so whats really the difference in being drafted 15-20 to 20-29? I'm sure somebody like Patric Young thought he may be able to come out after one year, but he will probably end up graduating from Florida. When its all said and done though he probably still ends up a first and will be a much better player once he gets there compared to what he would have been had he left early (which he would probably be cut by now). I just feel returning gives you chance at sticking and two checks is better than one. What position would Poythress play in the pros. Doesn't handle we'll enough for the 3, too small and mentally weak to play the four. I like guys staying if they're not ready but AP is a is not an NBA player and I'm afraid he always will be. He'd be a nice role guy for 10 minutes next year but there's no right answer either way. Better shot of sticking if he stays, less money though. I see GTs point.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.