Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Roster for 2013/14

Featured Replies

Here is reality. They have a chance to bank about 3 million dollars if they go and get a 1st round guarantee right now. If they return and play spot roles off the bench those numbers likely go down. You are ignoring the obvious truth. Neither is likely to stick in the NBA for long, so getting as much guaranteed cash in the draft slotting system means more life changing money before reality sets in. That is where your stance is flawed...

I haven't paid attention to 1st round contracts. Are you saying that a 1st rounder will sign a $6 Million dollar contract?

  • Replies 441
  • Views 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't paid attention to 1st round contracts. Are you saying that a 1st rounder will sign a $6 Million dollar contract?

 

Roughly a million a year for 3 years...

Roughly a million a year for 3 years...

4% NBA Agent Fee

39.6% Federal Income Tax

6% Average State Income Tax

5-8% Property Tax, Local Tax, Sales Tax, etc.

 

Minus 3 years' living expenses.

 

Looks like they'll bank more like $1 Million. Not bad, but definitely not $3 Million.

Here is reality. They have a chance to bank about 3 million dollars if they go and get a 1st round guarantee right now. If they return and play spot roles off the bench those numbers likely go down. You are ignoring the obvious truth. Neither is likely to stick in the NBA for long, so getting as much guaranteed cash in the draft slotting system means more life changing money before reality sets in. That is where your stance is flawed...

 

 

Exactly my point and why I think they should all four leave now. You said it better than I did.

I just saw that Aaron Gordon is announcing his decision at the McDonald's game. What are his final choices?

^

Arizona

 

Kansas

 

UK

Cal

Washington

Oregon

 

Thanks. I keep hearing he'll stay out west but I never knew what his choices were.

What position would Poythress play in the pros. Doesn't handle we'll enough for the 3, too small and mentally weak to play the four. I like guys staying if they're not ready but AP is a is not an NBA player and I'm afraid he always will be. He'd be a nice role guy for 10 minutes next year but there's no right answer either way.

 

Better shot of sticking if he stays, less money though. I see GTs point.

 

Agree. Poythress is not even ready for D-1 college game, much less the pros. I don't ever see him playing a game in the NBA.

 

Thanks. I keep hearing he'll stay out west but I never knew what his choices were.

 

Zona is the heavy favorite but Oregon might be the sleeper...

^ That's how I have perceived it. Didn't he add Oregon late?

 

Yup. Oregon assistant Tony Stubblefield has some strong ties to the Oakland Soldiers AAU program and they have made a late charge...

Sure sounds like a lot of heat has come down on Wiltjer.

Sure sounds like a lot of heat has come down on Wiltjer.

 

 

???? Explain.

I wouldn't be surprised with 2 or even 3 transfers. I'll share my thoughts after the season ends.

 

I think Harrow is 100% gone, and Wiltjer potentially as well, although I'd expect he stays around.

 

Some Twitter talk that Harrow and Cal don't like one another. :idunno:

Here is reality. They have a chance to bank about 3 million dollars if they go and get a 1st round guarantee right now. If they return and play spot roles off the bench those numbers likely go down. You are ignoring the obvious truth. Neither is likely to stick in the NBA for long, so getting as much guaranteed cash in the draft slotting system means more life changing money before reality sets in. That is where your stance is flawed...

 

If you come back and stay through your junior or even senior year, they could develop into good enough players to last long enough in the NBA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.