Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Roster for 2013/14

Featured Replies

The biggest variable I see for these guys is if any of them get super hot during the tournament, that may entice them to make the jump to the NBA.

  • Replies 441
  • Views 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not everywhere....

 

2013 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

 

Poythress ...

 

#27 here ... The Hoops Report | 2013 NBA Mock Draft

 

#11 here ... WalterFootball.com: 2013 NBA Mock Draft

 

#22 here ...

2013 NBA Mock Draft: Breaking Down All 30 First-Round Selections | Bleacher Report

 

#9 here ... 2013 NBA Draft Big Board: Who'll be the next overall No. 1 pick? - CBSSports.com

 

Considering Poythress isn't listed at all in the one you posted, my guess is they are thinking he will not enter the draft so they didn't include him. Not that he wouldn't go in the first round if he enters the draft.

 

WCS is getting into solid lottery pick range so I find it very hard to believe he will be back.

 

Goodwin and Poythress have lost ground and that means lost money so there is a slight chance they could come back, but I see that as a very slight chance. If you are confident you will go in the first round, it is hard to pass up guaranteed money.

If Goodwin and Poythress come back they'll lose even more money.

If Goodwin and Poythress come back they'll lose even more money.

 

Even more reason to go now. :D

If Goodwin and Poythress come back they'll lose even more money.

 

Not necessarily true, although I tend to agree.

 

Neither will be in the lottery at this point IMO. Back end of the 1st round this year, or back end of 1st round next year, money will be the same. Chances of sticking in the league could improve by coming back for another season, although I don't think either will.

If Goodwin and Poythress come back they'll lose even more money.

 

Agreed. They are gone. How will it help their draft status if they stay and have to compete for playing time. In my opinion the NBA already knows who they are going to draft in regards to one and dones. They still have the potential status. If they stay they lose that and get passed up.

If Goodwin and Poythress come back they'll lose even more money.

 

Even more reason to go now. :D

 

Not necessarily true, although I tend to agree.

 

Neither will be in the lottery at this point IMO. Back end of the 1st round this year, or back end of 1st round next year, money will be the same. Chances of sticking in the league could improve by coming back for another season, although I don't think either will.

 

Agreed. They are gone. How will it help their draft status if they stay and have to compete for playing time. In my opinion the NBA already knows who they are going to draft in regards to one and dones. They still have the potential status. If they stay they lose that and get passed up.

 

May lose more money on the first deal, but taking a chance of not even getting a second deal (or a very weak one). Ask Orton how big of a contract he's getting ready to sign? He got opted out after 2 years and is struggling to sign minimum deals. The NBA is not a guarantee, they don't have time to wait on you. Just because Poythress and Goodwin could go doesn't mean they should. Unless the suddenly blossom in an NBA camp or in the D-League they have no business being in the league next season. That is a mans game, and at this point they are not ready for it, they would get ate alive. They both need more time before they're ready to compete at that level. They may have some of the skills you need, but they need more time to learn to put it together. So what would you rather do? Get drafted a few spots higher and sign for a few more 100,000 per year on your first deal and be begging for money on your second? Or wait a year, go a few spots lower, give up a little money on the first deal, but be ready to contribute to a team and cash in on a second deal?

The only one I'd really like to have back other than Noel is WCS, although I'd settle for a Poythress as well.

I think you guys are selling Goodwin short, I think it would be a great addition to next years team. He will have another season to develop, grow, mature, learn. He would be a nice skill set to add to next years squad, he will give them another element when hes in the game. With all the talent and versatility Kentucky will have next season, he will not have to be your #1 scoring option, his skill set adds a nice element to go along with what everybody else can do.

I think you guys are selling Goodwin short, I think it would be a great addition to next years team. He will have another season to develop, grow, mature, learn. He would be a nice skill set to add to next years squad, he will give them another element when hes in the game. With all the talent and versatility Kentucky will have next season, he will not have to be your #1 scoring option, his skill set adds a nice element to go along with what everybody else can do.

 

Agree.

I think you guys are selling Goodwin short, I think it would be a great addition to next years team. He will have another season to develop, grow, mature, learn. He would be a nice skill set to add to next years squad, he will give them another element when hes in the game. With all the talent and versatility Kentucky will have next season, he will not have to be your #1 scoring option, his skill set adds a nice element to go along with what everybody else can do.

 

I'm not nor have I ever said I wouldn't like Goodwin to stick around but in terms of me being selfish and who I would really like help UK get #9 next season they go in the order of Noel, WCS and then Poythress, with Goodwin taking up the end of that list.

I think you guys are selling Goodwin short, I think it would be a great addition to next years team. He will have another season to develop, grow, mature, learn. He would be a nice skill set to add to next years squad, he will give them another element when hes in the game. With all the talent and versatility Kentucky will have next season, he will not have to be your #1 scoring option, his skill set adds a nice element to go along with what everybody else can do.

 

 

None of that matters if he is still 'uncoachable'.

With the added help Goodwin and Poythress look a lot better. That said I don't care if either are back. They'd improve a lot though or see a lot of the bench. I do want Cauley-Stein back though I don't know that he will. I'd trade all three for Wiggins and Randle though :D.

None of that matters if he is still 'uncoachable'.

 

Agreed. Another year for Archie will only be beneficial if he decides it's going to be beneficial.

 

None of that matters if he is still 'uncoachable'.

 

It's a lot easier to be "coach able " when your sitting next to Cal on the bench and a bunch of freshman are actually doing the playing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.