Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Tournament Teams

Featured Replies

How many districts have All Tournament Teams? What are your thoughts on having All Tournament Teams, especially at the District level of play? When I was coaching, I hated them, especially when the tournament manager asked me to pick the players from my team who deserved the honor. Thankfully in the 38th District, the coaches don't have to do that, as a couple of media members have that task. To me, All Tournament Teams only open the door to internal jealousies for those teams moving on to Regional play. I don't have as much of a problem with Regional or Sweet 16 All Tourney Teams. Despise regular season all tourney teams as well.

I've never been a fan of them in District play since there are usually only 4 or 5 teams.

 

I like seeing them at the Region though.

 

As a coach, I wouldn't like having to pick. If you have media personnel who can do it, that would be the preferred way to go IMO.

While I like the idea of recognizing players for their achievements, they often do open cans of worms, as each parent views his/her son in a different light.

It's a damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation for the coach, who often has to make snap decisions, and often resort to using the scorebook as the final means of determining the honorees. I don't mind the idea of all-tournament teams, but perhaps removing the onus of responsibility from the head coach is the way to go.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.