Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What I Would Do If I Were Noel

Featured Replies

Per Goodman, several NBA executives have said Noel is still a top 5 pick this year (probably a good year to wreck your knee.)

 

If that's the case, and Calipari will be able to tell him if it's true, I go and look forward to a year of rehab with a paycheck.

 

If that's not the case, I hire an agent but do not declare for the draft. I take my insurance payment (which is likely substantial) and I make out this itinerary:

 

1) Flight to Alabama. There's only one guy who will touch my knee with a knife.

 

2) Flight to Germany for Kobe's knee and blood guy.

 

3) Flight to Coral Gables to 'consult' with the strength and conditioning coaches at the U.

 

4) Flight to San Francisco to meet with Barry Bonds. Get his autograph.

 

5) Fly out to meet with Lance Armstrong to 'train' for a triathlon.

 

And so on.

 

I think you get the idea. I would take a year to fix my body with the marvels of modern science outside of any sanctioning body or league's supervision.

 

Remember how Huggins spent a year outside of the NCAA's jurisdiction? How would this be different?

 

Would you blame him? I wouldn't.

Correct me if I'm wrong, most insurance policies state that the injury must be career-ending... meaning never playing again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, most insurance policies state that the injury must be career-ending... meaning never playing again.

 

No idea what his says, but I'd guess he's not getting much/any payout.

  • Author

My mistake. I would still move forward with my 'rehab' plan and plan to move up a hat size.

My mistake. I would still move forward with my 'rehab' plan and plan to move up a hat size.

 

It is certainly any interesting perspective.

My mistake. I would still move forward with my 'rehab' plan and plan to move up a hat size.

 

I'm sure he has access to state of the art rehabilitation in Lexington that wouldn't cost him much, if anything.

I'd sure wanna have a chat with Adrian Peterson for sure.

 

I'm sure he has access to state of the art rehabilitation in Lexington that wouldn't cost him much, if anything.

 

Not the kind of rehab Ram is talking about.

Not the kind of rehab Ram is talking about.

 

Especially if the locals know they won't see him anymore in a UK uniform.

Especially if the locals know they won't see him anymore in a UK uniform.

 

Yes, UK fans are well known for disowning former players.

Correct me if I'm wrong, most insurance policies state that the injury must be career-ending... meaning never playing again.

......

Correct me if I'm wrong, most insurance policies state that the injury must be career-ending... meaning never playing again.

 

You are correct, it has to be career ending..

MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) -- Miami tailback Willis McGahee took out a $2.5 million insurance policy two weeks before he was injured in the Fiesta Bowl and can collect after a year if the injury prevents him from returning to football, a Florida newspaper reported.

 

CNNSI.com - College Football - Report: McGahee insured for $2.5 million before Fiesta - Monday January 06, 2003 11:45 PM

You would go pro. You already put your future on the line once, due to this stupid one year rule. In just 24 games Noel became a fan favorite and his shot blocking skills will be a legend to tell.

 

Go pro collect on your future. I hope UK can get him with Andrews.

Not the kind of rehab Ram is talking about.

 

I understand that he's suggesting that Noel use banned substances, but plenty of players make a full recovery from an ACL injury without using those products.

Especially if the locals know they won't see him anymore in a UK uniform.

 

What's your point? Noel is a fan favorite and will be a celebrity everywhere on campus, most likely until the day he dies.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.