Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Duke predictions

Kentucky vs. Duke 36 members have voted

  1. 1. Kentucky vs. Duke

    • Kentucky (1-0)
      52%
    • Duke (1-0)
      47%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm quite frankly pretty suprised, but like you said, I think a lot of it might be that fans are bracing for a loss. This poll just shows me how rational the majority of our BBN is on this site, considering the vote is practically split. I think our Cats can win, but this one could really go either way. A loss for either team isn't detrimental, but it sure would be nice to not have to have a Duke avatar for four months.
And just the overall timing of the game is bad. Neither team is anywhere close to where they will be even a month from now, but UK is really far from that point. I watched the Kansas/UK game last night from MSG last season. It too was the second game of the season. Night-and-day as to how much UK improved over the month following that game. Same for Kansas.

 

The more I think about it, it would not shock me to see Duke cruise pretty easily. UK does have star power which has the ability to rise to the occasion and can beat Duke on talent alone, but they are not to that point yet. Hopefully I am proved wrong.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched the Kansas/UK game last night from MSG last season. It too was the second game of the season. Night-and-day as to how much UK improved over the month following that game. Same for Kansas.

 

They looked so much better the second time that they played Kansas last year, definitely right about that. I will be watching this game the same place I watched that first game, so maybe we will have the same result.

Does Harrow have MONO?

It'll be interesting to see how Polson handles the full-court pressure that Duke is going to use.

Considering how harsh Cal has been on Harrow (at least as depicted in the All Access series) it will be interesting to see how rapidly he retreats if the young man is seriously ill. (Being tough when you have mono may be making it through practice in any form without yaking or passing out.)

 

Will enjoy watching Polson get some playing time. He strikes me as the kind of player Duke has been churning out year after year. Should be a good match up for him.

 

I like the Cats to go 2-0.

 

Beat Duke (and Highlands).

@KySportsRadio: UK confirms Ryan Harrow did not make the trip to Atlanta and will not play tonight

@KySportsRadio: UK confirms Ryan Harrow did not make the trip to Atlanta and will not play tonight

 

Has to make the spread a little larger I'd think.

With Bob Knight calling the game, I'm very happy that I will be watching the game at a bar.

 

I'm very glad my mute button works on my home TV.

Has to make the spread a little larger I'd think.

 

Just looked and what I read had the spread at (+3.5) for the Cats now.

Just looked and what I read had the spread at (+3.5) for the Cats now.

 

That's only half of my 7 point spread. This game should be entertaining.

I'll gladly trade a loss to Duke in November for a bigger win over anyone in March ! Duke 76 Cats 68

  • Author

Listening to the Christian Laettner KSR segment now.

 

* I had heard him say this previously, but Laettner says he often goes Muskie fishing at Cave Run Lake.

 

* He said some people have a picture of the Last Supper in their dining room, but he has a picture of "the shot" in his dining room. :lol:

 

* Said it's hard to tell what happens if Mashburn doesn't foul out in 1992. Matt Jones joked with him that Mashburn's fifth foul was bogus & Laettner didn't deny that. Added that going into the game he was afraid of Kentucky because of their playing style. Said he had similar fear of Loyola Marymount teams in previous seasons.

 

* Said he thought they had lost when Sean Woods hit his shot.

 

* Says, as I do, that Duke will win tonight but UK will be "much better" than the Blue Devils by the end of the season.

 

Guy gives a great interview. Here's a pic of him being escorted into the interview by Jeff Sheppard.

 

Laettner.jpg

I had heard him say this previously, but Laettner says he often goes Muskie fishing at Cave Run Lake.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37985[/ATTACH]

 

He uses a variation of noodling, calls it the stomp. Doesn't work so well at Cave Run Lake but he has had good results with Timber Lake.

Listening to the Christian Laettner KSR segment now.

 

* I had heard him say this previously, but Laettner says he often goes Muskie fishing at Cave Run Lake.

 

* He said some people have a picture of the Last Supper in their dining room, but he has a picture of "the shot" in his dining room. :lol:

 

* Said it's hard to tell what happens if Mashburn doesn't foul out in 1992. Matt Jones joked with him that Mashburn's fifth foul was bogus & Laettner didn't deny that. Added that going into the game he was afraid of Kentucky because of their playing style. Said he had similar fear of Loyola Marymount teams in previous seasons.

 

* Said he thought they had lost when Sean Woods hit his shot.

 

* Says, as I do, that Duke will win tonight but UK will be "much better" than the Blue Devils by the end of the season.

 

Guy gives a great interview. Here's a pic of him being escorted into the interview by Jeff Sheppard.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37985[/ATTACH]

 

I heard interviews with Leattner before and he comes off as very likable. I thought he showed a bunch of class when he coached the vilians team last year. I personally have buried the hatchet.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.