Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper @ Franklin County prediction

Who wins!!! 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins!!!

    • Cooper
      45%
      23
    • Franklin Co.
      54%
      28

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins and why???

  • Replies 78
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooper has a fast defense but do they have enough speed to contain the high powered offense of Franklin County? Cooper will not outscore Franklin County. They don't have enough firepower to go at FC like Conner did. But I think Cooper might be able to get a few stops on defense. This might become FC's lowest scoring game of the year. Cooper has a defense that is fast at every position, including defensive line. And Cooper will try to control the clock running the ball to cut the number of possessions in the game. If Cooper can run the ball effectively, this will turn into a very different kind of game for FC and that may throw them off stride. It is an interesting match up.

Cooper has a fast defense but do they have enough speed to contain the high powered offense of Franklin County? Cooper will not outscore Franklin County. They don't have enough firepower to go at FC like Conner did. But I think Cooper might be able to get a few stops on defense. This might become FC's lowest scoring game of the year. Cooper has a defense that is fast at every position, including defensive line. And Cooper will try to control the clock running the ball to cut the number of possessions in the game. If Cooper can run the ball effectively, this will turn into a very different kind of game for FC and that may throw them off stride. It is an interesting match up.

 

I haven't seen Cooper have difficulty scoring the ball yet in the playoffs, and really all season long. I think the Jags can win this game and I think they will. Coach Borchers will have his players ready to play. No one can deny they have a top level defense, and their offense has been putting up points against good teams. I don't think it will be a blowout, but I like the Jaguars winning!

Franklin County Flyers

Playoff Appearances: 21

Regional Final Record: 1-5

 

Cooper Jaguars

Playoff Appearances: 2

Regional Final Record: 0-0

 

Past Playoff Meetings

None

I will be concerned if we only post 35 points - as that would mean Cooper has completely controlled the tempo. As a fan, cannot wait for this game! Hope this week moves by quickly... I must admit I know nothing about Cooper other than the comments on here about their D and how they've been scoring lately.

So the Flyers gave up 52 points to a team (Anderson) that Cooper shutout 48-0. I would think Cooper has more than a chance to win this game.

So the Flyers gave up 52 points to a team (Anderson) that Cooper shutout 48-0. I would think Cooper has more than a chance to win this game.

From the BGP 5A Playoff Preview:

The flyers have been heavily criticized for allowing a lot of points. But you don’t need to worry so much about stopping opposing offenses when there are few defenses in the state that can stop you at all. If you score 42 on Franklin County, they are going to score 62 on you.

If Cooper doesn't kick ten onside kicks, I like their chances.

I've read a lot this year about Cooper's speed on D. Granted I only saw them once and it was against Conner but I didn't notice any speed that was different than any other team. They certainly struggled with Conner's O. They certainly do not have FC speed.

 

Cooper can win but they will have to have success passing the ball IMO.

If Cooper doesn't kick ten onside kicks, I like their chances.

 

Their kicker is not good and if they kick anything other that onsides it will be taken to the endzone.

I've read a lot this year about Cooper's speed on D. Granted I only saw them once and it was against Conner but I didn't notice any speed that was different than any other team. They certainly struggled with Conner's O. They certainly do not have FC speed.

 

Cooper can win but they will have to have success passing the ball IMO.

 

 

I do not think Cooper is faster than anyone on D either. What they are is a team that has a very good front 4. This allows them to take their OLB's and line them up outside their defensive ends making it hard to get to the edge. This also allows Morris and Collins to play down hill to help with the run. IMO, a smart way to set up your defense using your strength, the d-line.

 

 

A big question will be can Morris and Collins run with Timmons, Maupin, and McCaskill on pass plays.

Flyers 41 Cooper 36

I expect a close game with a winner in the 40s if it's dry. Pulling for Cooper just like I was ulling for Conner - GO NKY!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.