51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins!!!

• Cooper
    • Franklin Co.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I clearly do not. I thought he was slamming on Cooper's kicker. If I misread that, I apologize.

Can you clarify if I was off on that?

-CardinalsFan

I don't want to speak for him, but I can give you my interpretation: I took his comments to mean Cooper's kicker is not capable of kicking deep and would put the ball in the hands of Franklin County's very athletic return guys and give them a great chance of a huge return each kick off. In other words, kicking to the 30 with a very fast return guy would likely result in a return of 20 or 30 yards allowing the offense to set up 1st and 10 on the opponent's side of the field if it is not returned all the way for a TD.

Not a dig on the kicker really, but more of a complement on the Franklin County return team.

Ram, that is exactly what I was saying.

It's ok to respect talent, but you have to take your chances IMO. If you are going to do that many onside kicks, you better recover at least half of them.

I'm not saying this is correct. But I'm just making an educated guess. I'm guessing Conners head coach was thinkng "Franklin County scores a touchdown every 3 plays or so, what does it matter if we tackle them at the 30 yard line on a kickoff, or we onside it and they get it at the 50. We either onside and get the ball or we give them a touchdown. If I kick it deep we will just give them a touchdown on a kickoff return or in a couple of plays."

I'm not saying this is right or I may just be making this up in my head but I have a feeling this line of thought was going through Conners head coach's head.

I hope we have a close and exciting game Friday night. I think as many have said Cooper's D must get enough stops to keep FCC around 35. Cooper needs several long offensive drives eating up the clock to have the best chance of winning IMO. I am particularly concerned about how our DB's will play against the wideouts. They gave up some big plays last Friday night against S Oldham. Good luck to the Jags.

I'm not saying this is correct. But I'm just making an educated guess. I'm guessing Conners head coach was thinkng "Franklin County scores a touchdown every 3 plays or so, what does it matter if we tackle them at the 30 yard line on a kickoff, or we onside it and they get it at the 50. We either onside and get the ball or we give them a touchdown. If I kick it deep we will just give them a touchdown on a kickoff return or in a couple of plays."

I'm not saying this is right or I may just be making this up in my head but I have a feeling this line of thought was going through Conners head coach's head.

Even with that way of thinking the coach should be ridiculed. If the coach thought FC would score about every 3 plays then he is already surrendering to their offense knowing he can't stop them at all, so then if that were the case then why even onside kick in the first place? kick it deep and if they return it for a TD then so be it, you already believe they will score on offense anyway. Make them have to go a longer length of a field to score then, many more things can happen with a longer field than a shorter one, turnover for one or hey, how about an actualy defensive stand???????

Can Cooper put up at least 50 or 60?

I'm not sure as I have never seen FC play, however they did put up 48 and 49 the last two weeks so it's possible. IMO, if what everyone says about FC's offense and elite players is true, the only way I see Cooper winning is ball control with a mixture of run and short passes which they are very good at and zero turnovers or at least have less turnovers than FC. Should be a great game and I'm looking forward to seeing FC's team live!!

Can Cooper put up at least 50 or 60?

Cooper has had several running clock games this season already where they put their 2nd, 3rd and even 4th stringers it at times even before halftime or shortly after the half so they deffinately can put points up. they usually though when up comfortably call the dogs off as soon as they can so not to run the score up. I don't think they have even attempted a single pass with the 2nd or 3rd stringers in the game. It's all been run plays and punt if they had to.

Can back up what Hellbird is saying. Borchers is very reluctant to humiliate anyone, ever. He will go so far as to let a JV RB move the ball between the 20's but pull him in favor of someone less likely to take it in. Don't remember if that was the case in the NCC pre-season game, but I know he did it against Ryle, Holy Cross, Holmes, Scott and Grant. I think the Jags are capable of putting up 50+ if they absolutely must. Hopefully, the D will play tight and not let it get to that though.

Cooper Scoring Points

Ryle 35

Holy Cross (Covington) 49

Campbell County 27

Holmes 29

Scott 46

Conner 21 (L)

South Oldham 21

Grant County 42

Dixie Heights 36

Anderson County 48

South Oldham 49

Teams Franklin County also played that Cooper played

Scott 63

Anderson County 56

Scott 48

Conner 62

Now im going to ask this again, can Cooper put up atleast 50 or 60 points?

Cooper Scoring Points

Ryle 35

Holy Cross (Covington) 49

Campbell County 27

Holmes 29

Scott 46

Conner 21 (L)

South Oldham 21

Grant County 42

Dixie Heights 36

Anderson County 48

South Oldham 49

Teams Franklin County also played that Cooper played

Scott 63

Anderson County 56

Scott 48

Conner 62

Now im going to ask this again, can Cooper put up atleast 50 or 60 points?

I'll answer the question with a yes. FC's offense is extremely good and can score in bunches but, I will counter your question from a defensive perspective.

FC Points Given Up

Nelson Co. 41 4A

Western Hills 0 3A

Letcher Co 28

Frankfort 0 1A

Scott #1 31

West Jess. 21

East Jess. 22

Woodford 55

Anderson Co. 52

Mont. Co. 21

Scott #2 10

Conner 59

Teams Cooper also played that FC played

Scott 14

Conner 38

Anderson Co. 0

While previous games mean absolutely nothing Cooper did play (4) 6A Schools and a defending (2A) State Champion. Again, not getting caught up in all the past. One team has a lethal high scoring offense and one team has a solid defense so the ball will be Tee'd up Friday nite and should be a good one. Cooper has no D1 superstars (and that is not a knock on FC for having several) but what it does have is a group of kids from a school in only it's 5th year of existence that play together and are focused on the task at hand.

Looking forward to see if the Jags can face up to the challenge.

I'll answer the question with a yes. FC's offense is extremely good and can score in bunches but, I will counter your question from a defensive perspective.

FC Points Given Up

Nelson Co. 41 4A

Western Hills 0 3A

Letcher Co 28

Frankfort 0 1A

Scott #1 31

West Jess. 21

East Jess. 22

Woodford 55

Anderson Co. 52

Mont. Co. 21

Scott #2 10

Conner 59

Teams Cooper also played that FC played

Scott 14

Conner 38

Anderson Co. 0

While previous games mean absolutely nothing Cooper did play (4) 6A Schools and a defending (2A) State Champion. Again, not getting caught up in all the past. One team has a lethal high scoring offense and one team has a solid defense so the ball will be Tee'd up Friday nite and should be a good one. Cooper has no D1 superstars (and that is not a knock on FC for having several) but what it does have is a group of kids from a school in only it's 5th year of existence that play together and are focused on the task at hand.

Looking forward to see if the Jags can face up to the challenge.

I will give you that Cooper has given up less points, but I doubt they will have ever seen such an explosive offense in Franklin Co. come Friday. Timmons, Maupin, McCaskell will have them winded quick.