51 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins!!!

• Cooper
    • Franklin Co.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Cooper play many times, they have no answer for speed. That's why their only loss is to Conner with Fogule and #29 in the backfield they had no answer. County wins big

Well, guess we will see Friday nite. I will say that Cooper handled Desean Petersen and the rest of the Holmes team who does have equal if not more overall team speed than FC. Timmons is a rare breed and I will admit his running mates are just a step behind but just about every team has been faster than Cooper but somehow they've found a way to get the job done wth the exception of the Conner game which WAS NOT the fastest team on their schedule. Again, past games mean nothing which is why the game is played. Love that confidence and please, please keep assuming that there is no speed on the Cooper side of the ball and that the Jags are just a bunch slow guys who have stumbled their way thru the playoffs.

Looking forward to the game Friday nite!

Also since Ensight knows so much about Cooper Fb and how they've struggled with so much team speed, he shud know how many times Cooper has trailed this season? Twice. Conner and last week 28-27 due to a missed XP earlier in the game.

Cooper will show up and just play football.

Well, guess we will see Friday nite. I will say that Cooper handled Desean Petersen and the rest of the Holmes team who does have equal if not more overall team speed than FC. Timmons is a rare breed and I will admit his running mates are just a step behind but just about every team has been faster than Cooper but somehow they've found a way to get the job done wth the exception of the Conner game which WAS NOT the fastest team on their schedule. Again, past games mean nothing which is why the game is played. Love that confidence and please, please keep assuming that there is no speed on the Cooper side of the ball and that the Jags are just a bunch slow guys who have stumbled their way thru the playoffs.

Looking forward to the game Friday nite!

Not even close to FC.

Not even close to FC.

I agree, I think Cooper has only faced 1 player as fast as Timmons and that would be Fogle.

I just hope Cooper can keep it close enough to have a shot at winning this one...if they fall behind by a couple scores it could be a long night.

Cooper Scoring Points

Ryle 35

Holy Cross (Covington) 49

Campbell County 27

Holmes 29

Scott 46

Conner 21 (L)

South Oldham 21

Grant County 42

Dixie Heights 36

Anderson County 48

South Oldham 49

Teams Franklin County also played that Cooper played

Scott 63

Anderson County 56

Scott 48

Conner 62

Now im going to ask this again, can Cooper put up atleast 50 or 60 points?

Did you ro did you not read my post earlier answering this same question?

Yes they could if they needed to. For someone who claims has watched Cooper this year many times you really don't know much about them do you?

2 games alone Cooper has had a running clock before half or shortly after halftime whhen they were already up by 48 and 46 points. They played mostly 3rd stringers tthe rest of the way and refused to pass in each and every game they had their 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers playing which meant they didn't try to score most of the time in those games. Several of them being the entire 2nd half of games.

So let me ask you something, and I will make it easy. Do you think Cooper who has sscored 40+ pts in the first half alone in several games could score 2 more TD's the entire rest of the game if they left their starters in?

Now do you think FC can hold a team to less than 21 pts a game?

I agree, I think Cooper has only faced 1 player as fast as Timmons and that would be Fogle.

I just hope Cooper can keep it close enough to have a shot at winning this one...if they fall behind by a couple scores it could be a long night.

I'll give you that on Fogle but Desean Petersen and Kyle Young are faster IMO and the Jags held their own. Cooper is going to show up, give their best effort and if they play fundamentally sound on defense with a couple of stops and have 0 turnovers they have a good shot to win this game. FC is extremely potent (you don't just wake up and avg. 59 points/game) and the Jags have not faced an offense with this many top knotch athletes so Cooper will have to play the PERFECT game and have a lil bit of luck.

Anything can happen so I'm hoping they can find a way against a great team.

I'll give you that on Fogle but Desean Petersen and Kyle Young are faster IMO and the Jags held their own. Cooper is going to show up, give their best effort and if they play fundamentally sound on defense with a couple of stops and have 0 turnovers they have a good shot to win this game. FC is extremely potent (you don't just wake up and avg. 59 points/game) and the Jags have not faced an offense with this many top knotch athletes so Cooper will have to play the PERFECT game and have a lil bit of luck.

Anything can happen so I'm hoping they can find a way against a great team.

I do not think that Peterson (who is Young) is faster but that is just an opinion. Scruggs is the fastest Bulldog.

Yes, Cooper did more than held their own but the difference between Holmes and FC is that FC has a D1 qb getting the ball to them. Should be some great match-ups.

Edited by doubledeuce

The bottom line is that it should be an interesting match up between coaches with two different approaches to the game. I think both teams have an identity and will gravitate to what they do well. Its true that Cooper has not faced a team with a player the caliper of Timmons but I will say they have faced similar and had success. However, FC has not faced a team with a defense like Cooper so I think it will be interesting to see how they will fair against a defense that will be agressive, playing down hill, and contesting every play.

Its going to be exciting watching a group of young men playing the game because they want to,, for the simple love of the game. Equally, I think it will be interesting to see how each coach adjusts to what the other team is doing and how the chess match will play out. For me,, I am picking Cooper. There is something to the statement "Offense wins games,, but defense wins championships". I just hope that the game is not marred by the spectacle that took place at the end of the Conner vs FC game. It would be a shame to have a great match up overshadowed by player ejections, coach ejections,, and a study body running on the field taunting the opposing team.

Lets keep it clean and just play football

Right I am excited to see what Cooper has to bring to the table. I am rooting for County but I love seeing new competition. Conner scared me, I'm not going to lie County got down 29-13 quick, but fought back and won like they have done all season.

Friday Night Timmons Show.

Right I am excited to see what Cooper has to bring to the table. I am rooting for County but I love seeing new competition. Conner scared me, I'm not going to lie County got down 29-13 quick, but fought back and won like they have done all season.

Friday Night Timmons Show.

How many kids does FC play both ways?