Pink uniforms and other causes in sports

leatherneck

I don't have an opinion on this one way or another, but as to the cost issue for parents and such I am going to copy something I posted in the thread on T and X uniforms.

To the best of my knowledge, with Trinity's pink uniforms anyway, these weren't purchased by the school or anything like that. Addidas did this for breast cancer awareness and chose 10 teams to have wear the uniforms, the schools didn't shell out anything for them.

So taking that into account how to people who are objecting to parents paying for it feel?

I don't have an opinion on this one way or another, but as to the cost issue for parents and such I am going to copy something I posted in the thread on T and X uniforms.

So taking that into account how to people who are objecting to parents paying for it feel?

So then addidas spent 100 X $50 each or $5k per team for jerseys X 10 teams that's $50,000 in total.

Could addidas not have just donated that money to Breast Cancer research?

So then addidas spent 100 X $50 each or $5k per team for jerseys X 10 teams that's $50,000 in total.

Could addidas not have just donated that money to Breast Cancer research?

Oh I don't disagree with that at all. I think it is absurd that there is as much money spent on awareness as there is research. Research should be twice as important.

This was my point in the other thread. Forcing parents to shell out money they do not have so every member of a team has pink socks or a pink shirt, etc (and yes this is exatly what happens) is inherently not honoring and/or making awareness for breast cancer.

[/b]

This was my point in the other thread. Forcing parents to shell out money they do not have so every member of a team has pink socks or a pink shirt, etc (and yes this is exatly what happens) is inherently not honoring and/or making awareness for breast cancer.

If the parents have to pay for it, then it could actually leave a bad taste in their mouths for the cause, like a forced donation. Maybe they would rather make donations to a cause more meaningful to them.