ID Needed To Hear Speech Dissing Voter IDs

bballfamily

No, I asked this question:

A honest question? Whom do you honestly know, who doesn't have a single form of ID today?

You said your Mother but she did by virtue of receiving a SS check! I didn't ask about a photo ID, just the question of a single form of ID today!

So a non-photo ID would suffice for voting purposes? So, whoever holds the card that says "True Blue and Gold" on it can vote for me?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a non-photo ID would suffice for voting purposes? So, whoever holds the card that says "True Blue and Gold" on it can vote for me?

Not according to the new law being implemented in PA. If I read correctly it has to be a government issued, photo ID. No other form of identification will suffice.

But isn't that allegedly what is happening today already and why a photo ID is needed!

I vote and I don't remember ever missing an election be it a primary or general but the system relies on honesty of the voters to be who they say they are and maybe just maybe back in the good old days when you knew your neighbor and your neighbor knew you it worked but in this day and age of not even leaving your car door unlocked going into the store to grab a soft drink for a minute, well..... You indeed need to have a photo to vote to not only protect your own personal vote but to protect the election in general.

TBG I am truly sorry for the loss of your Mother. You indeed were very lucky to have her with you as long as you did.

But isn't that allegedly what is happening today already and why a photo ID is needed!

I vote and I don't remember ever missing an election be it a primary or general but the system relies on honesty of the voters to be who they say they are and maybe just maybe back in the good old days when you knew your neighbor and your neighbor knew you it worked but in this day and age of not even leaving your car door unlocked going into the store to grab a soft drink for a minute, well..... You indeed need to have a photo to vote to not only protect your own personal vote but to protect the election in general.

TBG I am truly sorry for the loss of your Mother. You indeed were very lucky to have her with you as long as you did.

I'm sorry but why were we discussion SS cards when government issued photo IDs are what would be needed? There would have been virtually no possibility that my mother could have made it to the court house to obtain one. As an absentee ballot voter would she have not needed one, while live at poll voters would? I thought that a large percentage of the fraud was with absentee voting. Should my mother have definitely been disenfranchised on the chance of maybe preventing a fraudulent vote?

Don't get me wrong. I don't want there to be one fraudulent vote. I just don't see a solution that addresses what I've mentioned ready for November and until that happens, along with the issuance of free government ID cards for those that need them, I cannot support any change going into effect.

SS cards are a form of ID and your quote was your Mother had no form of ID.

In changing my address on my driver license even with all the proper ID's that I had with me, from my SS card to old driver license, to my old voter registration card, I also had to bring in a piece of mail with my name on it, since I only had a photo copy of my rental agreement and not the original. Did it bother me? Not one tiny bit......

TBG you are a Educator a HS teacher correct? So you do know that to take the ACT you have to show a picture ID and you do know why you have to, don't you!

So if you are required to show a picture ID for something like taking a test, why not something much more important like your vote.

Oh BTW don't tell me it's your constitutional right, as that right has changed (and rightly so) many times in the past 200 + years.

SS cards are a form of ID and your quote was your Mother had no form of ID.

In changing my address on my driver license even with all the proper ID's that I had with me, from my SS card to old driver license, to my old voter registration card, I also had to bring in a piece of mail with my name on it, since I only had a photo copy of my rental agreement and not the original. Did it bother me? Not one tiny bit......

TBG you are a Educator a HS teacher correct? So you do know that to take the ACT you have to show a picture ID and you do know why you have to, don't you!

So if you are required to show a picture ID for something like taking a test, why not something much more important like your vote.

Oh BTW don't tell me it's your constitutional right, as that right has changed (and rightly so) many times in the past 200 + years.

I'm not sure why you ignore the important parts of my post, but I'll bite and discuss the tangents.

Again, why are we discussing SS cards in a thread about ID requirements for voting in which SS cards would not suffice?

Actually, you don't have to have a photo ID to take the ACT. I help administer it at our school every year to about 100 juniors, many of which don't yet have a permit or drivers license.

Lastly, it is my constitutional right to vote, thanks to the 19th amendment, whether you want me to bring it up or not. I have exercised that right at every opportunity over the past 20 years and will continue to do so.

Now...again...the important part of this discussion is that I don't mind having a valid photo ID as a requirement for voting, fraud or no fraud, IF such IDs are free and situations such as my deceased mother's are taken into account. Perhaps some sort of mobile ID service for those with certain medical exceptions would work. I am still unsure, however, that you can have mail-in absentee ballots in which you ensure that the registered voter is the one voting.

I don't know of anyone without a license. Everyone that I know drives and who is of age to drive/vote has a license which would be a proper form of government ID to vote. The issue is that some people don't have an acceptable form of government ID. While we may not know of people without government ID it doesn't mean that these people don't exist. They can have a photo ID that is a work badge but in Pennsylvania, for instance, that work badge would not be an acceptable photo ID to vote if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong on that. Just speaking on how I understood the Pennsylvania situation.

I would imagine the issue with work ID would be lack of control.

An ID machine is pretty cheap. I could makes hundreds a day with our machine at work.

I'm not sure why you ignore the important parts of my post, but I'll bite and discuss the tangents.

Again, why are we discussing SS cards in a thread about ID requirements for voting in which SS cards would not suffice?

Actually, you don't have to have a photo ID to take the ACT. I help administer it at our school every year to about 100 juniors, many of which don't yet have a permit or drivers license.

Lastly, it is my constitutional right to vote, thanks to the 19th amendment, whether you want me to bring it up or not. I have exercised that right at every opportunity over the past 20 years and will continue to do so.

Now...again...the important part of this discussion is that I don't mind having a valid photo ID as a requirement for voting, fraud or no fraud, IF such IDs are free and situations such as my deceased mother's are taken into account. Perhaps some sort of mobile ID service for those with certain medical exceptions would work. I am still unsure, however, that you can have mail-in absentee ballots in which you ensure that the registered voter is the one voting.

Per the ACT web site!

So at your school, you really don't administrative the rules that are required per the ACT web site?

Current (valid) official photo ID: Must be issued by your school or city/state/federal government (such as driver's license or passport) on which both your first and last names and photo appear. The names on your photo ID must match the names you provided when you registered for the ACT.

See the above address for more!

Indeed you are correct the 19th amendment allowed you to vote but it proves my point that changes can be made and will continue to be made.

Per the ACT web site!

So at your school, you really don't administrative the rules that are required per the ACT web site?

Current (valid) official photo ID: Must be issued by your school or city/state/federal government (such as driver's license or passport) on which both your first and last names and photo appear. The names on your photo ID must match the names you provided when you registered for the ACT.

See the above address for more!

Indeed you are correct the 19th amendment allowed you to vote but it proves my point that changes can be made and will continue to be made.

Still going off on tangents? I've brought up some points about the topic at hand that you keep avoiding. Why is that?

Also, perhaps before you make accusations about me or my school you should at least read the remainder of your own link about acceptable forms of identification for the ACT.