Why America is Losing the Obesity Battle.

mexitucky

I try not to judge anyone for anything. However I get extremely aggravated with people that do not take care of themselves. Like it or not this is a huge reason for our health care costs continuing to sky rocket.

That's the part that really irks me. I generally eat pretty healthy throughout the week and will enjoy myself on the weekends while also working out regularly mon-fri. Whenever I hear the words "I wish I had your dedication", from someone who doesn't workout or doesn't even think about eating healthy I can't help but want to add that I just wish my health insurance cost me what it should and not what people such as themselves haven driven it up to. I know that's not very nice(which is why I don't say it) but I just can't help but think it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the part that really irks me. I generally eat pretty healthy throughout the week and will enjoy myself on the weekends while also working out regularly mon-fri. Whenever I hear the words "I wish I had your dedication", from someone who doesn't workout or doesn't even think about eating healthy I can't help but want to add that I just wish my health insurance cost me what it should and not what people such as themselves haven driven it up to. I know that's not very nice(which is why I don't say it) but I just can't help but think it.

I agree. Smokers have their premiums increased. There should be a deduction if you reach certain health figures. If you are low risk, your premium shouldn't be the same as the guy w/ hypertension and all other health issues.