Do the Reds have the best pen???

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are ok with how the Reds have used Chapman thus far?

Up until this season, absolutely.

I felt he should've been in the rotation from day one this season (and that was the plan), but with the injuries to the pen, it kind of made it not practical. Once Masset and Bray are back (hopefully the end of this month), I think you'll see them transition him over.

Good try...

If I put those three dots it means I'm right and nobody should dare question my intelligence, right? :D

Nothing to refute my correct claim that Verlander didn't jump from 113 innings to 186? Didn't think so...

Nothing to refute my correct claim that Verlander didn't jump from 113 innings to 186? Didn't think so...
And this is what I initially said:

I think that with his previous pitching history in Cuba you don't impose an IP limit on him...All-in-all the Reds have botched their handling of Chapman up to this point in my opinion.

Keep trying, you'll get a hit eventually...

And this is what I initially said:

I think that with his previous pitching history in Cuba you don't impose an IP limit on him...All-in-all the Reds have botched their handling of Chapman up to this point in my opinion.

Keep trying, you'll get a hit eventually...

His previous pitching history in Cuba was a MAX of 118 innings in 2009. You want Chapman to go from 118 innings three years ago to 200 plus innings over 6 months in 2012 with zero restrictions. That's beyond a horrible idea. Stick to bikes, water and pavement... :lol:

His previous pitching history in Cuba was a MAX of 118 innings in 2009. You want Chapman to go from 118 innings three years ago to 200 plus innings over 6 months in 2012 with zero restrictions. That's beyond a horrible idea. Stick to bikes, water and pavement... :lol:
Is it really hard for you to read that? I think the Reds should have went the starter route from the get go and MOST DEFINITELY made him a starter this year. They've handled him poorly. Stick to basketball, football, and watching high schoolers...:D

Is it really hard for you to read that? I think the Reds should have went the starter route from the get go and MOST DEFINITELY made him a starter this year. They've handled him poorly. Stick to basketball, football, and watching high schoolers...:D

I disagree partly. His first year he had trouble keeping the ball in the batters box. They tried him as a starter in Louisville and it didn't work out.

Nothing for this GT?

Nothing for being totally wrong on Verlander and his stretch out season between college and MLB?

I couldn't care less who agrees with me. That should be abundantly clear by now on here... :D

It's kind of like the thread you started for the Marlins when you were team was at .500. Not really worthy of my response...

I didn't stop posting in the Reds thread when the Reds were at or below .500. My point is you sit there and type how stupid the Reds have been in the handing of Chapman, yet I've seen no criticism on how the Marlins handled the development of Johnson.

Nothing for being totally wrong on Verlander and his stretch out season between college and MLB?

I could care less who agrees with me. That should be abundantly clear by now on here... :D

So you could care less?