Bracken County Needs Coach?

BigRed48

I posted a topic in the middle of the season questioning whether Bracken County should fold up their tents and drop the football program.

While it is not a popular POV, I believe BC should call it quits.

BC should have followed the same pattern as Pendleton County. Establish your feeder program, play an independent schedule, and work your way up to district play.

IMO BC is so far behind the curve that they will never recover.

You have to give Bracken County a little more credit than that...I graduated from there in 2000, the next year they started a middle school team, then a JV team and now varsity. Sure they are getting beat pretty badly by their opponents, but you have to start somewhere. I think one thing that would help them is to schedule teams that are closer to their level of competition. Every program starts somewhere, and I'm sure some of the great programs today started out slow. You can't just start a program and then junk it just because you haven't had success yet...look at Lex Cath...they are a bigger school, yet when they started, their program struggled as well...This coaching position will be an opportunity for a coach to come in to a young program and put his mark on it...Bracken wants to win, and with the right personnel, they will.

They don't need to get rid of football, but they need to call other teams that have struggled a little and schedule some of them. AKA Bourbon Co., Berea, Nicholas Co., etc. They may not beat them, but they will compete. There district schedule is brutal and they need some confidence early in the season.

I posted a topic in the middle of the season questioning whether Bracken County should fold up their tents and drop the football program.

While it is not a popular POV, I believe BC should call it quits.

BC should have followed the same pattern as Pendleton County. Establish your feeder program, play an independent schedule, and work your way up to district play.

IMO BC is so far behind the curve that they will never recover.

Bracken County football is kind of caught in a pickle.

If they drop out of district play, they would be able to schedule appropriately but would most likely face an uphill struggle to ever re-enter district play. However, they could compete at that level with a roster of less than 20.

If they continue in district play, they are likely looking at continued poundings and face an uphill struggle to get the numbers up to a level that they can effectively compete at in the district.

Maybe the best thing is to see if the state goes to 6 classes and then see where that leaves them district-wise.

They absolutely should not be playing district games with 15 kids dressed and some of them pretty banged up and some of them Frosh.

Could be a good job other than the district play for now. They are good in other sports. Why not get the right coach, with the right system, and a good weight program? Don't drop football. They have big strong boys and some decent football players. They just need a motivating coach with a lot of patience...

I actually here that a "well-known" assistant is interested in this job. (This assistant has had a great deal of success on the freshman/junior varsity level). He also has a lot of solid backing at his current school.

If he decides to try for the job--Bracken County has a chance to be good in the next few years.

Maybe they should hire Coach Hammonds (the AD and BB coach) He has some football coachung experience

Maybe--but the assistant that is interested would be a very good choice. He has been involved in rebuilding programs before (not necessarily a start up) but he would do very well.

Maybe--but the assistant that is interested would be a very good choice. He has been involved in rebuilding programs before (not necessarily a start up) but he would do very well.

Coach Hammonds has been involued in rebuilding programs and has won a state championship. He worked under the king of rebuilding Dudley Hilton. It does not get much better than that. :banana:

He proably isnt even interested.

Coach Hammonds has been involued in rebuilding programs and has won a state championship. He worked under the king of rebuilding Dudley Hilton. It does not get much better than that. :banana:

He proably isnt even interested.

Actually--you may be shooting a little too low. Because it CAN get much better than that. This coach has been involved in a few state championships as well.

Actually--you may be shooting a little too low. Because it CAN get much better than that. This coach has been involved in a few state championships as well.

It gets better than Dudley Hilton at REBUILDING programs? :confused:

You must not have been around football very long. :sleep:

He started Breathitt, they've only had 2 coaches. He turned around Bell, the year before he got there they were 0-10 and in the first year they were 5-5 and in the second year they teid for district champs. The rest is history. Bourbon had 15 losing season in a row and had never won a playoff gameand in the first year they won the state championship.

It is easy to coach when you have 75 players and several DI players.

I really could care less who bracken hires, good luck to them and this asst. if he wants the job.