Brossart JV Tournament

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of our freshmen was on second and she thought the umpire called a foul ball and sort of stepped off second, Someone said foul and we heard that. The base umpire called her out when the pitcher grabbed the ball in the circle, which is a dumb thing (the circle). That should be a Title 9 violation they don't have that in baseball. We argued that she and everyone heard foul called and she didn't step off by accident etc. Anyway the home plate umpire got involved and gave the hook. Nothing more than that. Sometimes you have to stand up for the kids when you feel they were wronged.

So you want to file a title 9 bc they have a circle in softball? Softball would be a total different game with out the circle. I don't believe the circles purpose is to some how limit girls.

Of course I wasn't there but if she left the base and the umpire did not yell foul ball then she would have been out. Why would you be standing up for that?

Nobody wants to see coaches or members of teams getting kicked out of games but I wouldn't hold it against anyone who does bc the umpring can be really bad.

One of our freshmen was on second and she thought the umpire called a foul ball and sort of stepped off second, Someone said foul and we heard that. The base umpire called her out when the pitcher grabbed the ball in the circle, which is a dumb thing (the circle). That should be a Title 9 violation they don't have that in baseball. We argued that she and everyone heard foul called and she didn't step off by accident etc. Anyway the home plate umpire got involved and gave the hook. Nothing more than that. Sometimes you have to stand up for the kids when you feel they were wronged.

This isn't baseball. The correct call was made.

I bet memyselfandi swallowed her cheetohs and fell off the gator when she got that call :eek: The AD has already reinstated him!

If someone could verify this, but isnt the coach we are speaking of also the AD/Administartor??

It is amazing that a person in such a position could be proud enough of his actions to have already reinstated himself. It would seem to me that school adminiatration ie: the principal, would take a look of the actions of the coach/AD/Adiminstrator and make the decision of reinstatement. It seems to me that being proud of such actions would be an embarassment to the school and an example would be made. What message is this sending to the other coaches in the program not to mention the student athlete and also the parents of the athletes? Being new to BGP I have seen a number of posts regarding this person and could someone explain why/how this person continues to operate in this role? Not only are school administrators supposed to be seen and not heard and to be considered an authority figure, it seems to me that this person does not show these characteristics. I realize that there are 2 sides to every story, but it seems that the majority of posts regarding BGH are usually disucssing is actions and very seldom compliment him.

I may be way off base here, but maybe some could explain.

Not a part of Brossart, and yes I think BGH sometimes he takes posts the wrong way, but one thing I do like about him is that he is always there to promote and defend his school, team and players.

On the flip side, sometimes I wonder if we all (myself included) don't take sports way too seriously. After all, it is just a game, and while we all want to win, in most cases, one team goes home a winner and another has lost. It isn't the end of the world.

I tend to watch other things like the lack of respect adults have for the game officials and I do think this spills over to the kids. I have watched many a basketball game where the ball will roll away from the play out of bounds and everybody expects the officials to get the ball. "Back in my day", the kids would retrieve the ball, because we knew the game couldn't go on without that thing.

Same thing in baseball/softball when people argue calls all the time. It is hard for me to think any umpire intentionaly misses a call. I know they miss some for sure. However, I don't think Papa in the bleachers 200 feet away sees the result of the play better than the umpire that is right there in front of it. If they do, then we should have Papa call all the game from up there once his child graduates.

I think if parents respected the coaches and officials more, and if the officials respected the coaches more, then the players would follow in the adults footsteps.

Not a part of Brossart, and yes I think BGH sometimes he takes posts the wrong way, but one thing I do like about him is that he is always there to promote and defend his school, team and players.

On the flip side, sometimes I wonder if we all (myself included) don't take sports way too seriously. After all, it is just a game, and while we all want to win, in most cases, one team goes home a winner and another has lost. It isn't the end of the world.

I tend to watch other things like the lack of respect adults have for the game officials and I do think this spills over to the kids. I have watched many a basketball game where the ball will roll away from the play out of bounds and everybody expects the officials to get the ball. "Back in my day", the kids would retrieve the ball, because we knew the game couldn't go on without that thing.

Same thing in baseball/softball when people argue calls all the time. It is hard for me to think any umpire intentionaly misses a call. I know they miss some for sure. However, I don't think Papa in the bleachers 200 feet away sees the result of the play better than the umpire that is right there in front of it. If they do, then we should have Papa call all the game from up there once his child graduates.

I think if parents respected the coaches and officials more, and if the officials respected the coaches more, then the players would follow in the adults footsteps.

AGREE 100%, and there is nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. However I do like getting my "jabs" in every once in a while, but it's all in good fun. The Brossart scorebook, where EARNED RUNS go to die.:lol:

AGREE 100%, and there is nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. However I do like getting my "jabs" in every once in a while, but it's all in good fun. The Brossart scorebook, where EARNED RUNS go to die.:lol:

I agree of course I really would never have to deal with him besides on here but I like the fact that he takes up for his players and coaches. Heck I was looking on cincinnati.com at the stats and Brossart has 3 girls in the top 25 in hitting. Out of all the kids in NKY and Cincinnati little old Brossart has 3 of the top hitters. I know a lot of kids that are going on to play D1 softball that is behind the Brossart kids. Kudos to those kids for producing and a real big kudos to BGH for keeping the book for them!!