Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you retire Anthony Davis jersey?

Featured Replies

I know he will only play one season at UK but can you retire his jersey? Winning the Naismith and AP player of the year awards and 1st team all-american is that enough? I think so.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Without question. What other Wildcat swept all of the POY awards? As a freshman. And led his team to the title game.

If they don't retire AD's jersey then they need to quit retiring jerseys and take the rest of them down.

Yes. Without question. What other Wildcat swept all of the POY awards? As a freshman. And led his team to the title game.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

With all that he's accomplished in this one year, it would be really tough not too.

I say they retire it but I have a hard time saying he accomplished more than Issel. He may have swept the awards but you also gotta look at an entire career. I know they didnt have the one and done back then but there is something to be said about grinding out some awesome stats as well.

 

Davis is the most exciting Wildcat player since Jamal Mashburn IMO. He altars a game so much with his wingspan and his ability to "elevate" in Bill Raftery's voice.

Yup. Put it in the rafters tomorrow morning...

Absolutely. I also would like to see MKG's jersey retired. That's only because he's my man crush though. Probably not truly deserving of the honor, but I don't care. :lol:

If they don't, it'd be a crime. Never have I seen a more mature basketball player as a freshman with the combination of tangibles and intangibles as he has. I'm young, though, so that may be my excuse. The dude just gets it done. Night in and night out, he is incredible.

 

Anthony Davis could go 0-10 from the floor (is it possible to miss that many dunks?), block 0 shots (is that possible, either?), grab zero boards (I'm convinced he'd have to run away from the hoop for this to happen), and throw the ball away 8 times with zero assists (he'd have to be wearing a blindfold), and I would still consider him my personal, favorite UK Wildcat ever. Gotta love number 23.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.