Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you retire Anthony Davis jersey?

Featured Replies

Not till Tony Delk and arguably Tayshun Prince's is retired

 

What National Player of the Year awards did they win???

  • Replies 79
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What National Player of the Year awards did they win???

Didn't realize that was a requirement...O wait it's not.

Didn't realize that was a requirement...O wait it's not.

 

So you want lesser players hung in the rafter first? Solid...

Did Wall win POY? If so, he, too, would have to go up.

Did Wall win POY? If so, he, too, would have to go up.

 

Nope. Evan Turner was POY in 2009-2010...

Did Wall win POY? If so, he, too, would have to go up.

 

I think he won the Rupp Award, but not sure if that's one of the big five or six.

 

I think Davis should go up before Wall. But I also think Tony Delk should have been up there a long time ago.

So you want lesser players hung in the rafter first? Solid...

Davis not eligible for 5 years per Oscar Combs report. Plenty of time for Delk to have his # retired

No one has answered my question why the Unforgettables didn't have to wait five years.

No one has answered my question why the Unforgettables didn't have to wait five years.

 

I don't know, but the easy answer would be maybe the rule was enacted after 1992.

Nope. I can't retire the jersey of any player that only plays one year. Can any player get into the baseball Hall of Fame with a 5 year career?

 

Terrible comparison. What league are the best major league baseball players striving to reach?

For those that do not feel a "one-and-done" is jersey hanging worthy, how long must someone stay before they can attain said status?

The Jersey retirement was something I believe Pitino and CM Newton pushed...I don't think any Jersey's appeared in Rupp Arena's rafter util the early 90's. With that said I believe they have been a little slow to reitre Jersey's over the last few years for whatever reason's.

To me their is a big difference between retiring Jersey's which is what UK has done and with retiring #'s. If you are going to hang the Jersey's of the unforgetables, then there are about 15 players since them that need their Jersey's in the rafters as well.

The Jersey retirement was something I believe Pitino and CM Newton pushed...I don't think any Jersey's appeared in Rupp Arena's rafter util the early 90's. With that said I believe they have been a little slow to reitre Jersey's over the last few years for whatever reason's.

To me their is a big difference between retiring Jersey's which is what UK has done and with retiring #'s. If you are going to hang the Jersey's of the unforgetables, then there are about 15 players since them that need their Jersey's in the rafters as well.

 

I agree with most everything you said here. Although I would disagree on The Unforgettables. They are an exception to the rule that most use when trying to decide who is rafters worthy. Just my opinion.

 

I feel like Tony Delk should go immediately & then Davis after he's been gone for five years...assuming there is a five-year rule. If not, Tony Delk & Anthony Davis are the only two players that I think should go up right away. Tubby Smith should also go up as a coach.

I agree with most everything you said here. Although I would disagree on The Unforgettables. They are an exception to the rule that most use when trying to decide who is rafters worthy. Just my opinion.

 

I feel like Tony Delk should go immediately & then Davis after he's been gone for five years...assuming there is a five-year rule. If not, Tony Delk & Anthony Davis are the only two players that I think should go up right away. Tubby Smith should also go up as a coach.

The five year minimum is a must because people get too wrapped up in the moment. People want to retire Patterson, Hayes, Bogans, etc. Meh. Tony Delk is the only person I remotely feel is deserving and I even hesitate with him. My standards are EXTREMELY high. But then again, they should be. You have to be a transformational type player for you to receive the ultimate honor. I always wonder if the Unforgettables would be in the rafters had they had to wait for 5 years. My guess is no. The average should probably be 1 every 10 years or so. With some of the guys of late people get caught up with, UK would be averaging 1 every 3-4 years and that is not right. Davis has separated himself from that questionable/borderline pack in just one season. That is all I need to know.

The five year minimum is a must because people get too wrapped up in the moment. People want to retire Patterson, Hayes, Bogans, etc. Meh. Tony Delk is the only person I remotely feel is deserving and I even hesitate with him. My standards are EXTREMELY high. But then again, they should be. You have to be a transformational type player for you to receive the ultimate honor. I always wonder if the Unforgettables would be in the rafters had they had to wait for 5 years. My guess is no. The average should probably be 1 every 10 years or so. With some of the guys of late people get caught up with, UK would be averaging 1 every 3-4 years and that is not right. Davis has separated himself from that questionable/borderline pack in just one season. That is all I need to know.

 

I think because 3/4 of The Unforgettables were Kentuckians, yes I think they still would have been there.

 

I do agree on Patterson, Bogans, Hayes (& I would add Prince)...love each of those guys, but I don't see them deserving a spot in the rafters. I consider my standards to be high as well, which is why Delk & Davis are the only two I would say definitely need to go. An argument can be made, I suppose, for John Wall. But if you make the argument for Wall, then you have to make it for Cousins too IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.