Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs UL = Win/Win

Featured Replies

UK has nothing to gain from this. UL fans are already setting up excuses for a L and if UK loses they will NEVER hear the end of it. UK wins everyone will say well I expected them to/they were suppose to win. If UK loses the Cal haters will be out in full force.

 

I agree with this, HT. If you did not know better you would think UK fields the dream team and UL is made up of a bunch of "Little engines that could". UK is more than beatable and UL won the darn Big East. You would think UL is a 14 seed by the sound of everything.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here are a couple of 'behind enemy lines' stories about the rivalry. A number of UofL grads moved to Lexington in the mid-80s so Friday night there was usually a gathering of the UofL mafia at some local restaurant or bar. One of these night there was a live radio show going and the gimmick was for people to do live cheers on the radio and winner go a UK jogging suit. So we could not pass this up. 4 or 5 of us get our chance at the pack restaurant and live radio and start with "C!". The local crowd roars back "C!". "A!" and the crowd roars back again "A!". "R!"....at this point we lose about half the crowd...and quickly finish with "D, S!" followed by the rest of the well known cheer that ends "Go, Cards, go!". We were called some interesting names. And I can attest that thrown ice cubes do hurt a little. We did win the jogging suit.

 

For the second one. After UoL won the tournament in 1986 the celebration ended up at Two Keys adjacent to the UK campus. No issues and it went well. One guy decided he would yank down an anti-UL bumper sticker from the rafters, but the bartender made it clear in a very direct manner that was off limits. Otherwise, all was OK and no ill feelings. But that was not after a head to head game in the tournament either.

 

 

 

You did win the jogging suit, or is that a type o?

This game is a win/win for BGP, obviously.

I think it's great for the state! If/when Kentucky wins, I'll root for them.

 

For the poster who says that UL fans are already making excuses...well...we're darned if we do, and we're darned if we don't.

 

"We got this! Kentucky is goin' DOWN!"---UK fans think we're not respecting them

"It's possible, but not probable."---UK fans say we're making excuses.

 

True conversation overheard at Walgreens yesterday as I waited to check out (before the UK game):

 

Man 1- Did you see that game last night?

Man 2- What game?

Man 1-The UL game! They made the Final Four!

Man 2-Oh, that. What a disgrace.

Man 1-What do you mean? Disgrace?

Man 2-It's not even right a no-talent-having bunch of basketball rejects are in the Final Four

 

I decided to do a little more shopping before my mouth got me in trouble and I punched Man 2 in the face with words.

 

I am soooooooooo proud of you! The therapy from the McDonald's incident must be paying off!

FYI....I wouldn't have walked off. I would have sat there and gave the guy "the Tony stare" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think its great for the state. I want UofL to win but if they lose I will pull for UK in the finals (even if I don't like Coach Cal and some UK fans make it near impossible to like them or the school) because they are from our state.

 

Note: I know every program has "those fans" and don't care for them either!

I agree with this, HT. If you did not know better you would think UK fields the dream team and UL is made up of a bunch of "Little engines that could". UK is more than beatable and UL won the darn Big East. You would think UL is a 14 seed by the sound of everything.

 

 

If my memory hasn't completely gone, they were also ranked around #5 in early January. I think Cal and the Cats will take them quite seriously.

I have a few UL friends that I would be happy for

 

I agree.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not really. The truth of the matter is that it would be the worst possible thing for me should UL win this game. I just felt it would come across as decent & sportsmanlike to say that I'd be happy for my UL friends. Jim Schue would surely be added to my personal "People To Kill" list.

Not rooting for Louisville no matter what. I won't be happy for any of their fans. Certainly won't be happy for Slick Rick.

 

But I won't have to worry about that because the Cats are gonna roll.

Don't have a puppy here, but love the fact of the Cards/Cats playing and the very high stakes. But I do like both programs and their fans, and the fact there is a Kentucky team i the final game, pulling for he SEC Cats and then the Cards if they defeat the Cats.

 

I know how you fans feel, don't I?

Excuses? Man, that's just reality. Louisville is just doing its best to run a nice, fun university basketball team. How could we ever hope to compete with the Lexington Basketball Academy All-Star team? :D

 

... How was that? I've been practicing.

 

Is there a vomiting symbol I can insert here? :D

UK is clearly the more talented team. UL has been on an incredible run but they are the clear underdog. No one can deny that. But UL has just as much to gain or lose as UK. Bragging rights and a shot at a national title are on the line for both. As for Cal haters, the opponent being UL makes little difference. They will be out in force regardless of who UK loses to if they don't win the title.

 

"Haters be hatin'" regardless. :D

So Uk has 4 burger boys and Uof L has 3 but UK is so much more talented... I don't buy it.

  • Author
So Uk has 4 burger boys and Uof L has 3 but UK is so much more talented... I don't buy it.

 

Going by NBA the draft, if UL wins the title, they might be the least talented team to ever win the NCAA title. They don't have one player projected to be drafted right now. The NCAA winner almost always has 3 or more NBA draft picks on their team and usually has 2 or more first round draft picks. The talent isn't even close between UK vs. UL.

So Uk has 4 burger boys and Uof L has 3 but UK is so much more talented... I don't buy it.

 

4+3=4????

 

Where in the world did you get 4 from?

So Uk has 4 burger boys and Uof L has 3 but UK is so much more talented... I don't buy it.

 

I thought UK had six. Weren't Teague, Lamb, Gilchrist, Jones, Davis, and Wiltjer all McDonald's All-Americans?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.