Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs UL = Win/Win

Featured Replies

I think it's great for the state! If/when Kentucky wins, I'll root for them.

 

For the poster who says that UL fans are already making excuses...well...we're darned if we do, and we're darned if we don't.

 

"We got this! Kentucky is goin' DOWN!"---UK fans think we're not respecting them

"It's possible, but not probable."---UK fans say we're making excuses.

 

True conversation overheard at Walgreens yesterday as I waited to check out (before the UK game):

 

Man 1- Did you see that game last night?

Man 2- What game?

Man 1-The UL game! They made the Final Four!

Man 2-Oh, that. What a disgrace.

Man 1-What do you mean? Disgrace?

Man 2-It's not even right a no-talent-having bunch of basketball rejects are in the Final Four

 

 

I decided to do a little more shopping before my mouth got me in trouble and I punched Man 2 in the face with words.

 

That guy is an idiot and I'm not talking about the "It's possible, but not probable." crowd. I am talking " We are playing with house money" crowd. I'm not necessarily talking about anyone of BGP in particular. I have a few friends that are UL fans that feel this way. The one even said he doesn't care about the Championship he just wants to beat UK. How absurd.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought...no way. Violence over a game?!?

 

But already proven wrong....

 

Louisville Cardinal attacks Kentucky pickup truck [VIDEO] | CollegeBasketballTalk

 

Yikes! That's crazy! Maybe I shouldn't have bought the UL medallion and license plate frame for my car....this could get U-G-L-Y! I just wanted to make sure no one mistook the color of my car for my team allegience...I hope I haven't set myself up as a target.

  • Author
I do not think there are many that share the "as long as it's a KY school" thinking. That seems to take away from the rivalry. If it's truly a rivalry you want ANYONE ELSE but UL to win.

 

I don't believe the word rival or rivalry is the best word for what you are describing. Perhaps the better word is archenemy or, from UL's view dare I say, nemesis? :sssh:

I decided to do a little more shopping before my mouth got me in trouble and I punched Man 2 in the face with words.

 

:lol:

And I don't like being around other people when I'm watching big games where I have a rooting interest.

 

Totally agree

I have a few UL friends that I would be happy for and then I have quite a few that I wouldn't be happy for.

Why would that change your plans to BBQ?

 

Wondered the same thing.
We want to remain friends. :lol: :lol:
"It's possible, but not probable."---UK fans say we're making excuses.
This UK fan would call you a realist. :D
I thought...no way. Violence over a game?!?

 

But already proven wrong....

 

Louisville Cardinal attacks Kentucky pickup truck [VIDEO] | CollegeBasketballTalk

 

One of many we'll hear about over the next week. Other than couches, the only violence they reported in Lexington yesterday was a Wildcat fan ripping off the shirt of a Louisville fan and stomping it (although who in their right mind would wear something like that on campus yesterday unless you were looking for a confrontation?). It's going to get crazy, especially in the areas where the fan split is mixed. Like here, in Bardstown, for instance, and the rest of the extended Louisville metro area. I'm trying to picture the scene Saturday at the BW3 in The Highlands, which figures to be Ground Zero for ugly behavior.

Can we get an over/under on how many people will look at this and shake their heads without ever clicking on the link?

 

(Hand raised)

 

I didn't look at it until you mentioned this. :lol:

That guy is an idiot and I'm not talking about the "It's possible, but not probable." crowd. I am talking " We are playing with house money" crowd. I'm not necessarily talking about anyone of BGP in particular. I have a few friends that are UL fans that feel this way. The one even said he doesn't care about the Championship he just wants to beat UK. How absurd.

 

 

FWIW, I felt like that last year with UK's run. I literally told people here in ACC land that everything we did was gravy because "next year" was the team I felt we would make a run with, not this year. I'm sure UL fans feel at least the same about this year - enjoy the ride is a great attitude.

One of many we'll hear about over the next week. Other than couches, the only violence they reported in Lexington yesterday was a Wildcat fan ripping off the shirt of a Louisville fan and stomping it (although who in their right mind would wear something like that on campus yesterday unless you were looking for a confrontation?). It's going to get crazy, especially in the areas where the fan split is mixed. Like here, in Bardstown, for instance, and the rest of the extended Louisville metro area. I'm trying to picture the scene Saturday at the BW3 in The Highlands, which figures to be Ground Zero for ugly behavior.

 

Here are a couple of 'behind enemy lines' stories about the rivalry. A number of UofL grads moved to Lexington in the mid-80s so Friday night there was usually a gathering of the UofL mafia at some local restaurant or bar. One of these night there was a live radio show going and the gimmick was for people to do live cheers on the radio and winner go a UK jogging suit. So we could not pass this up. 4 or 5 of us get our chance at the pack restaurant and live radio and start with "C!". The local crowd roars back "C!". "A!" and the crowd roars back again "A!". "R!"....at this point we lose about half the crowd...and quickly finish with "D, S!" followed by the rest of the well known cheer that ends "Go, Cards, go!". We were called some interesting names. And I can attest that thrown ice cubes do hurt a little. We did win the jogging suit.

 

For the second one. After UoL won the tournament in 1986 the celebration ended up at Two Keys adjacent to the UK campus. No issues and it went well. One guy decided he would yank down an anti-UL bumper sticker from the rafters, but the bartender made it clear in a very direct manner that was off limits. Otherwise, all was OK and no ill feelings. But that was not after a head to head game in the tournament either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.