March 29, 201214 yr I thought UK had six. Weren't Teague, Lamb, Gilchrist, Jones, Davis, and Wiltjer all McDonald's All-Americans? They actually have 7 I believe. If I'm not mistaken, Eloy Vargas was a burger boy before enrolling at Florida originally.
March 29, 201214 yr Author They actually have 7 I believe. If I'm not mistaken, Eloy Vargas was a burger boy before enrolling at Florida originally. Wow! :lol: I can't think of anything that shows the flaw in using the "burger boys" as a statement of talent than that.
March 29, 201214 yr So Uk has 4 burger boys and Uof L has 3 but UK is so much more talented... I don't buy it. UK has 4 Burger Boys from last year, but they have 6 overall once you include Terrance Jones and Doron Lamb. I really don't think Vargas was before going to Florida. I tried to find it. I think he may have been nominated, but not a finalist. The 2008 All-American Roster: 2008 McDonald's All-American Game Roster - Men's College Basketball - ESPN
March 29, 201214 yr So Uk has 4 burger boys and Uof L has 3 but UK is so much more talented... I don't buy it. That's the problem with using the burger boys as a measuring stick. UK is clearly more talented than Louisville.
March 30, 201214 yr "If we can't bring it home, I'm hoping they do." -Pitino during media interviews today. Respect. :thumb:
March 30, 201214 yr "If we can't bring it home, I'm hoping they do." -Pitino during media interviews today. Respect. :thumb: Contrary to popular belief (in Kentucky) Pitino isn't the devil incarnate. He's had a lot of respectful comments about Kentucky over the years.
March 31, 201214 yr "If we can't bring it home, I'm hoping they do." -Pitino during media interviews today. Respect. :thumb: Too bad that respect doesn't go both ways...
March 31, 201214 yr Too bad that respect doesn't go both ways... Sure it does. I'll be rooting for Louisville if they beat Kentucky.
March 31, 201214 yr Too bad that respect doesn't go both ways... That's just silly Deuce. Maybe not for a lot of fans, but many of the players on the two teams are friends.
March 31, 201214 yr That's just silly Deuce. Maybe not for a lot of fans, but many of the players on the two teams are friends. I was referring to the coaches... I know several UK fans that would pull for UofL should the Cards win. The players is a no-brainer, they have all played together or against one another for years. Has Cal made a similar comment to Pitino's? (Honest question)
March 31, 201214 yr I was referring to the coaches... I know several UK fans that would pull for UofL should the Cards win. The players is a no-brainer, they have all played together or against one another for years. Has Cal made a similar comment to Pitino's? (Honest question) Now let's don't kid ourselves here. Pitino is not rooting for Coach Cal to win his 1st championship if Kentucky makes the championship game. If he truly meant what he said it is for the friends he made at UK when he was there, and for the fans that still appreciate what Coach Pitino did at UK.
March 31, 201214 yr Now let's don't kid ourselves here. Pitino is not rooting for Coach Cal to win his 1st championship if Kentucky makes the championship game. If he truly meant what he said it is for the friends he made at UK when he was there, and for the fans that still appreciate what Coach Pitino did at UK. Pitino showed respect for the Kentucky program, as he has done on numerous occasions. Again, has Cal made any similar statements?
March 31, 201214 yr Pitino showed respect for the Kentucky program, as he has done on numerous occasions. Again, has Cal made any similar statements? Louisville doesn't exist.
March 31, 201214 yr Pitino showed respect for the Kentucky program, as he has done on numerous occasions. Again, has Cal made any similar statements? Sure. We are playing a terrific basketball team that has terrific players that play a style that is aggressive and fast, they are really good. It doesn’t matter how close they are to us, they are a very, very good team and it is going to be a hard game for us.” On if the Louisville aspect of the game scares him … “I’ll say this again. Whether you win or you lose, it does not matter if the school is 10 miles from you or 1,000 miles. It really does not matter now. For our fans, Louisville fans and Kentucky fans ‘Oh my Gosh,’ but the teams? Louisville wants to win the game because they want to advance. We want to win the game because we want to advance. We are preparing and they are preparing. But, literally, I am telling you I am not worried about it. It didn’t matter to me who won, Florida or Louisville, but think about having to beat Florida four times. And they made no 3s against us. Every game they played us better. The last game, they thought they should have had more fouls called on us. Now we have to go play Louisville who won their tournament, won their last 12 games or whatever they have won. They are all hard. They are the last four standing.” On if Rick Pitino will be in the Hall of Fame … “Well, if he doesn’t now he will. What he has done over his career and building programs and all the things he has done, yes I think he will. I don’t even look at who is in the class. Eventually he will be, even if it’s not now. He deserves it now.” On Russ Smith for Louisville … “What did he have on us last time, 30? Whoever guarded him last time probably won’t be guarding him this time. It will be somebody different. Not only can he get 30, (Peyton) Siva can get 30. They’ve got guys; (Gorgui) Dieng can hurt you, (Chane) Behanan hurt you. What they are doing is they are playing mush mouth with him inside. He is doing a heck of a game. I mean the baskets he made late against Florida, and you have to box him out. If you don’t box him out, he is going to wedge you right into the cheerleaders. The shot goes up, find him early and wedge with him, or you’re going to ask for the pom-poms because you are going to be underneath the basket. He does a great job if it. (Kyle) Kuric could go for 30. They are probably going to take 20 3s. If they are making 3s it’s a hard game for us.”
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.