Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs UL = Win/Win

Featured Replies

Am I the only one...the only UK fan who feels this way? I think UK vs UL is AWESOME!!!! And while I obviously want UK to win, if UK were to lose there is no team I would rather lose to than UL. Contrary to the media and others saying this is the worst thing in the world for UK fans, this UK fan thinks it is the best thing in the world. The only way it could be better would be if it were for the national championship. That way a Kentucky team would win the title for sure. Go Big Blue! And if the impossible happens and that 1 in 10 game occurs where this UL team beats this UK team (:D), then on Monday night I will be rooting with all my might for the Cardinals!

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK has nothing to gain from this. UL fans are already setting up excuses for a L and if UK loses they will NEVER hear the end of it. UK wins everyone will say well I expected them to/they were suppose to win. If UK loses the Cal haters will be out in full force.

UK has nothing to gain from this. UL fans are already setting up excuses for a L and if UK loses they will NEVER hear the end of it.

 

Excuses? Man, that's just reality. Louisville is just doing its best to run a nice, fun university basketball team. How could we ever hope to compete with the Lexington Basketball Academy All-Star team? :D

 

... How was that? I've been practicing.

Excuses? Man, that's just reality. Louisville is just doing its best to run a nice, fun university basketball team. How could we ever hope to compete with the Lexington Basketball Academy All-Star team? :D

 

... How was that? I've been practicing.

That's a good one and I have seen a number of them so far. :D

If Louisville beats Kentucky I'll absolutely be rooting for the Cardinals to win it all. I'm not one who hates Pitino for taking the Louisville job after the NBA didn't work out. He took one of the best jobs in the country. What coach wouldn't have? I still appreciate Pitino for everything he did at Kentucky. Now some of the stuff he has done away from coaching have made me lose respect for Pitino as a person, but the guy is still a great coach.

  • Author
UK has nothing to gain from this. UL fans are already setting up excuses for a L and if UK loses they will NEVER hear the end of it. UK wins everyone will say well I expected them to/they were suppose to win. If UK loses the Cal haters will be out in full force.

 

UK is clearly the more talented team. UL has been on an incredible run but they are the clear underdog. No one can deny that. But UL has just as much to gain or lose as UK. Bragging rights and a shot at a national title are on the line for both. As for Cal haters, the opponent being UL makes little difference. They will be out in force regardless of who UK loses to if they don't win the title.

I'll be rooting for OSU if UK loses. But it wins me a bet. If not I'd probably root for a double-disqualification in the title game if UK loses.

There's going to be lots of fights in sports bars where the two fan bases will mingle to watch Saturday. There will be an astronomical amount of fights if UK loses.

 

I had originally planned to BBQ that day, but once the Cards made it, I cancelled and will instead watch at home, by myself. I don't want to be anywhere around that mess at the sports bars.

I don't know if I buy that UK has nothing to gain from this. They have their most vehement rival sitting in their path to their first national championship in fourteen years. I think they have nothing to lose more so than UK has nothing to gain. Anything from here on out is simply a bonus for UofL. You can tell from State Street to Waller Avenue that there is much to gain for this game. I hope I get an opportunity to see UK outdo itself from last year's Final Four run celebrations this Saturday night.

There's going to be lots of fights in sports bars where the two fan bases will mingle to watch Saturday. There will be an astronomical amount of fights if UK loses.

 

I had originally planned to BBQ that day, but once the Cards made it, I cancelled and will instead watch at home, by myself. I don't want to be anywhere around that mess at the sports bars.

Why would that change your plans to BBQ?

Why would that change your plans to BBQ?

 

Wondered the same thing.

Why would that change your plans to BBQ?

 

Wondered the same thing.

 

Because with Louisville making it, I now have a personal rooting interest -- something I didn't even dream of happening when I made the plans. And I don't like being around other people when I'm watching big games where I have a rooting interest.

Am I the only one...the only UK fan who feels this way? I think UK vs UL is AWESOME!!!! And while I obviously want UK to win, if UK were to lose there is no team I would rather lose to than UL. Contrary to the media and others saying this is the worst thing in the world for UK fans, this UK fan thinks it is the best thing in the world. The only way it could be better would be if it were for the national championship. That way a Kentucky team would win the title for sure. Go Big Blue! And if the impossible happens and that 1 in 10 game occurs where this UL team beats this UK team (:D), then on Monday night I will be rooting with all my might for the Cardinals!

 

I do not think there are many that share the "as long as it's a KY school" thinking. That seems to take away from the rivalry. If it's truly a rivalry you want ANYONE ELSE but UL to win.

I think it's great for the state! If/when Kentucky wins, I'll root for them.

 

For the poster who says that UL fans are already making excuses...well...we're darned if we do, and we're darned if we don't.

 

"We got this! Kentucky is goin' DOWN!"---UK fans think we're not respecting them

"It's possible, but not probable."---UK fans say we're making excuses.

 

True conversation overheard at Walgreens yesterday as I waited to check out (before the UK game):

 

Man 1- Did you see that game last night?

Man 2- What game?

Man 1-The UL game! They made the Final Four!

Man 2-Oh, that. What a disgrace.

Man 1-What do you mean? Disgrace?

Man 2-It's not even right a no-talent-having bunch of basketball rejects are in the Final Four

 

 

I decided to do a little more shopping before my mouth got me in trouble and I punched Man 2 in the face with words.

If Louisville beats Kentucky I'll absolutely be rooting for the Cardinals to win it all. I'm not one who hates Pitino for taking the Louisville job after the NBA didn't work out. He took one of the best jobs in the country. What coach wouldn't have? I still appreciate Pitino for everything he did at Kentucky. Now some of the stuff he has done away from coaching have made me lose respect for Pitino as a person, but the guy is still a great coach.

 

I agree on Pitino. No reason to dislike the guy. Still will not root for UL.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.