What is the coldest football game ever been played in?

TrEyBaLlA20

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one know or will it be set tonight?

Just in high school, or coldest at any level?

The coldest high school game I can remember watching was the 1995 Class 2A Semifinals - Breathitt at Danville. It was bitterly cold that night. Also, the 2002 Class 1A and 2A State Finals. It was cold that day.

I didn't play in it, but I attended a Rams vs. Bengals Monday Night Football game in 1977 at Riverfront stadium. It was 14 below zero on the thermometer, and the wind was WHIPPING in off of the Ohio river. It was C-O-L-D that night.

Four hours of sticking to the seat, because once your body heat got the ice and snow warm enough, it would melt just enough. Then, as the night set in, it reformed, with your tail as part of the ice.

Had I not had on my heavy winter underwear, I don't think my khaki shorts would have been enough to get me through that one...

Frances

During the mid 80's I remember watch Beechwood play in the playoffs with temps in the teens, then add in the wind chill.. Tonight it is only supposed to be a low around 30, plus you have to figure the low this time of year happens very early in the morning around 5-6 AM, So the lows will be around 35 by the end of the games, no where close to the coldest.

I didn't play in it, but I attended a Rams vs. Bengals Monday Night Football game in 1977 at Riverfront stadium. It was 14 below zero on the thermometer, and the wind was WHIPPING in off of the Ohio river. It was C-O-L-D that night.

I thought the Bengals Vs Steelers game I attended long ago was cold, then I went to the "Freezer Bowl" (Well for 3 qrt's) when they played the Chargers.

Four hours of sticking to the seat, because once your body heat got the ice and snow warm enough, it would melt just enough. Then, as the night set in, it reformed, with your tail as part of the ice.

Had I not had on my heavy winter underwear, I don't think my khaki shorts would have been enough to get me through that one...

Frances

I remember the Titans vs. Patriots playoff game a couple seasons ago...it was a night game in New England. I think the temperature was right around 0 degrees (plus or minus a degree or two). The announcers were saying they thought it was irresponsible of the NFL to schedule a night game in NE in January.

I thought the Bengals Vs Steelers game I attended long ago was cold, then I went to the "Freezer Bowl" (Well for 3 qrt's) when they played the Chargers.

The worst part was the wind chill. 59 degrees BELOW zero! The players said the football was like a rock. Remember the idiots in the stands with no shirts on?

1969 Knox Central at Morristown Tenn. of all places. It had rained earlier in the week and when the temperature went below freezing, all the footprints in the mud froze into a sharp edge that would open cuts on any part of the body that contacted ground. Back in those days we were allowed to bleed and continue playing.

1969 Knox Central at Morristown Tenn. of all places. It had rained earlier in the week and when the temperature went below freezing, all the footprints in the mud froze into a sharp edge that would open cuts on any part of the body that contacted ground. Back in those days we were allowed to bleed and continue playing.

Did they play football back then.

:D

Just kidding with you HB