Top Team in Lexington Going into the season

HC50

LexCath will be tough again this upcoming season. Lafayatte will give them a run for thier money. Lafayette lost their top pitcher Chaz Roe and another good player being their starting catcher. Knott's Summer team played the Generals and they were very good.

Next year should be a down year for Lexington baseball, LCA will have the most returning and by far the deepest pitching staff in Lexington. Catholic will be a good team but must find some pitching . Tates Creek has most of their pitching returning but lost half of the postions players. Dunbar will be decent but lost most of seasoned players. Henry Clay and Lafayette were killed on graduation day. Bryan Station had nothing last year and lost some of their starters. LCA should repeat as 11th region champs and could make another state run if a couple of new players step up, With Wade returning from knee surgery and most all of the offense in state tournament returning(Oliver,Monroe,Krueger,Colyer,Bentley) this should be another LCA year.

whoa, slow down, Henry Clay still has alot coming back. They have the best pitcher in the region, Mitch Florance. They also have three of the best hitters in the city in Patrick Brady (3 year starter), Case Allin (3 year starter) and Patrick Jones (started at bryan station as a soph and some as a fresh). They will also have Tyler Deaton and Chris Piascik who have started the past 2 years. They have 8 seniors again this year.

Tates Creek will have to rely on their pitching early. I to believe that Dunbar will be better than decent and Henry Clay did lose several numbers, but have a very good group of talent to step up.

LCA is a program to contend with and make another run at a title. Should be a very good year in Lexington and across the state.

Henry Clay still has alot coming back. They have the best pitcher in the region, Mitch Florance. They also have three of the best hitters in the city in Patrick Brady (3 year starter), Case Allin (3 year starter) and Patrick Jones (started at bryan station as a soph and some as a fresh). They will also have Tyler Deaton and Chris Piascik who have started the past 2 years. They have 8 seniors again this year.
I look for Florence to be very good his SR year and Brady, Allin, Deaton and Piascik will have to carry a lot of the pitching burden and Swinford can give them some solid innings this year.

A good team to watch.

Got to see the HC team for next Spring this past summer and was impressed. Brady is a stud and they can definitel;y hit the ball. Pitching I saw that day (DH) was not overly impressive but certainly good enough to help them win and win alot. Always a good program as are most all of the Lexington baseball programs. Didn't get to see TC unfortunately. Also saw LCA in one game and they were not on the same calibre as last year's team, but that was, of course, a summer situation and they may have been missing quite a bit. They did not, however, fare well in the tournament I saw them in. Again pitching was a problem. They did have a tremendous left-handed stick that impressed me immensely. Catcher I want to say, but I just don't remember right now.

I look for Florence to be very good his SR year and Brady, Allin, Deaton and Piascik will have to carry a lot of the pitching burden and Swinford can give them some solid innings this year.

A good team to watch.

Allin© and Piascik(RF) dont pitch, but the top pitchers will be Florance, Olswozy(transfer from station), Brady, Swinford, and Deaton.

LCA is once again strong, I'm predicting them to win the 11th region, look for them to be gunning for state.
They will be a good team along with many being discussed in this thread.

Baseball in Kentucky is continually growing in popularity and thus increasing the chance a player can continue at the next level.

• 1 month later...

Mitch Florence may be one of the best pitchers in the region but, he is about all Henry Clay has, they going to win games by hitting the ball not pitching. Brady and Olczowy will eat up good innnings and Deaton could be a good middle reliever, same with a sophmore Matt Harris who i played with over the summer could be affective also. but their top 3 hitters (Brady, P.Jones, and Allin or Piasick) will carry them.

• 4 weeks later...

A good team to watch.

I can't wait to see Allin and Piascik pitch. :confused: That will be new...