North Dakota State 28 James Madison 20 (FCS Championship)

bugatti

The Bison extend their winning streak to 37 games and bring home their eighth title in nine years. Ridiculously stupid the machine they are.

If there was a season to get NDSU, it was this year. They lost a ton off last year’s title team including a three plus year starting QB. Redshirt freshman QB Trey Lance threw for 28 TDs and ZERO interceptions this year en route to winning Freshman of the Year honors and the Walter Payton award which goes to the FCS player of the year.

Terrible clock management by JMUat the end of the game.

No clue what the hell they were thinking. Granted, with a couple penalties it worked to where they had a shot, but still. Only thing I could think of was they got confused when they decline a penalty thinking it would stop the clock?

No clue what the hell they were thinking. Granted, with a couple penalties it worked to where they had a shot, but still. Only thing I could think of was they got confused when they decline a penalty thinking it would stop the clock?

They let too many seconds go off when they had timeouts. You never get the time back.

Have any of you ever coached in a game of that magnitude? I imagine it's moving much quicker on the sidelines than in front of the TV. Still had a shot to tie it up. Two good teams.

Yes, probably 100+ times leading my team in the Madden Superbowl. So yeah, I know what it's like to manage the clock in a high stress environment.

:thumb:

Have any of you ever coached in a game of that magnitude? I imagine it's moving much quicker on the sidelines than in front of the TV. Still had a shot to tie it up. Two good teams.

I get your point. And I'm not there first to make the following statement, but high level coaching staffs would probably benefit from a clock coach who's only job is to make analytics-based decisions on when to take timeouts, when to milk the clock, etc. There are a million things going through a head coach's mind and eliminating one with someone who's sole focus is the clock would have to help. How many coaches would be willing to give that up, though?

I get your point. And I'm not there first to make the following statement, but high level coaching staffs would probably benefit from a clock coach who's only job is to make analytics-based decisions on when to take timeouts, when to milk the clock, etc. There are a million things going through a head coach's mind and eliminating one with someone who's sole focus is the clock would have to help. How many coaches would be willing to give that up, though?

I believe the NFL has coaches, while not exclusively hired for this, specialize in clock management. They butcher the clock management side as well, but in the NFL clock management is little trickier than college. That said, coaches at a high level are paid to manage against the clock, knowing that tense moments with pressure are part of the gig. Yes, James Madison worked their way down the field to the point they had an easy shot at the endzone, but part of that was because of a late questionable penalty and the reality is they should have had multiple cracks at it.