Paintsville 44 Kentucky Country Day 20

DevilMayCare

I was impressed with Paintsville. Their offensive and defensive lines dominated the game. Country Day really only had one good drive and one big play on the night (prior to the late touchdown against the JV). However, Pikeville can do a whole lot more on offense than can KCD.

KCD has some nice players and #6 was as advertised. Paintsville however just simply dominated the trenches and rushed for over 450 yards. OLine created a surge all night and Paintsville did a good job of rotating ball carriers. It was nothing fancy and I think Paintsville ran but one offensive set the entire 2nd half. (Inverted bone).

I want to congratulate KCD on a great season. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. I think they would in private concede that the better team won.

I was disappointed that there wasn’t EMS at the game. Paintsville had a player suffer a nasty lower leg injury and it was a lengthy delay in the emergency response. Player injured is fine and back home recovering.

On to that team from the South.

"I was disappointed that there wasn’t EMS at the game. Paintsville had a player suffer a nasty lower leg injury and it was a lengthy delay in the emergency response. Player injured is fine and back home recovering."

I thought it was a KHSAA requirement for the home team to provide on site EMS for football games? I could potentially see some rural counties may be unable, but fairly unacceptable in Metro Louisville.

Looks like Country Day's schedule caught up to them and Paintsvilles' tough schedule paid dividends. It isn't all about the schedule but it does make a difference when you face a very strong opponent. If you have faced strong opponents earlier in your schedule, they expose your weaknesses and give you time to try and fix them. Great season though for Kentucky Country Day.

"I was disappointed that there wasn’t EMS at the game. Paintsville had a player suffer a nasty lower leg injury and it was a lengthy delay in the emergency response. Player injured is fine and back home recovering."

I thought it was a KHSAA requirement for the home team to provide on site EMS for football games? I could potentially see some rural counties may be unable, but fairly unacceptable in Metro Louisville.

Not sure. I doubt it is required or they would have been there. Guy told me it is only required to notify dispatch that a game is scheduled.

Looks like Country Day's schedule caught up to them and Paintsvilles' tough schedule paid dividends. It isn't all about the schedule but it does make a difference when you face a very strong opponent. If you have faced strong opponents earlier in your schedule, they expose your weaknesses and give you time to try and fix them. Great season though for Kentucky Country Day.

KCD had 23 kids dressed. They’ve typically been a 6-4 type team. I have no idea if this is just a great class who caught lightning in a bottle or if they’ll be consistent challengers going forward but I’d imagine the schedule KCD played this year is what they typically should play. And even though it might have hurt them in this game, they might not have the man power most years to play what you’re asking for.

KCD had 23 kids dressed. They’ve typically been a 6-4 type team. I have no idea if this is just a great class who caught lightning in a bottle or if they’ll be consistent challengers going forward but I’d imagine the schedule KCD played this year is what they typically should play. And even though it might have hurt them in this game, they might not have the man power most years to play what you’re asking for.

I am not saying they should be playing powerful 5A or 6A schools. But they should be playing bigger class teams that are solid winning programs instead of teams struggling to 2 or 3 wins. KCD played one non district team that won more than 4 games - Campbellsville. And almost all those non district teams with losing records were playing very weak schedules yet still had 4 or less wins.

Want to take a moment to express my gratitude to Paintsville Head Coach Joe Chirico. He took over a program that was in a state of emergency. Numbers were way down and Paintsville was on the brink of potentially losing football. We were much closer to that outcome than playing for a state championship to say the least. Since his takeover, Paintsville has been a constant district, region, and even a state title contender just about every season. Incredible coaching job. Paintsville has a lot to be thankful for no matter what happens on Friday.