BGP QOTD: What Event(s) Would Have Been Much Different With Social Media?

TheDeuce

Today is the 15 year anniversary of the Malice in the Palace. A few buddies were discussing this morning, and one of the first comments was how nuts social media would be if that happened today. What are some other historical events that would have been huge social media moments?

**Do not make this political**

It's not a specific event, but I go back to the fact that many American's had no idea Franklin Roosevelt was bound to a wheel chair and stood behind a podium with the assistance of leg braces and canes. It was hidden due to the fact that it would symbolize weakness in our country's strongest figure.

In today's world this would be photographed by now and well known by many. Makes me also wonder, if it was known a candidate was bound to a wheelchair, would they have a real chance of winning? Social media could have changed history.

I can't decide if social media would have made a positive or negative impact that day, but I lean towards negative.

I lean the other way. I think the pulling together of normally different-minded individuals, which happened nationally, would have only been intensified with social media. Also, I think it would have created more awareness about those people that were too-often face-less that lost their lives. Is definitely an interesting conversation.