NKY/Ohio Fans... Kettering Archbishop Alter

ATLCat

Deferring to those who know Ohio football a little better @The Double Deuce @voiceofreason specifically @newarkcatholicfan.

Belfry is off this week but next week they travel all the way up to the Dayton area to play Alter.

I know a little on them. They are the D-3 runner-ups and are consistently a strong program. They have a long time head coach. They have a D-1 RB, a low D-1 MLB, and a Sophomore WR/RB that is on his way to being a 4* or 5* prospect.

What kind of mess is Belfry getting themselves into? From what I saw on film, this is a team that is going to pose major issues for the Pirates with their size and depth.

What would be a respectable outcome for Belfry coming out of this game?

Also, does anyone know where they play their home games? Their stadium looks shockingly small and it appears they tend to play a lot of games at neutral sites.

Deferring to those who know Ohio football a little better @The Double Deuce @voiceofreason specifically @newarkcatholicfan.

Belfry is off this week but next week they travel all the way up to the Dayton area to play Alter.

I know a little on them. They are the D-3 runner-ups and are consistently a strong program. They have a long time head coach. They have a D-1 RB, a low D-1 MLB, and a Sophomore WR/RB that is on his way to being a 4* or 5* prospect.

What kind of mess is Belfry getting themselves into? From what I saw on film, this is a team that is going to pose major issues for the Pirates with their size and depth.

Also, does anyone know where they play their home games? Their stadium looks shockingly small and it appears they tend to play a lot of games at neutral sites.

While I'm not the font of knowledge like the posters listed above, I do know a little about GCL Co-ed member Alter.

They had a very nice team last year and I would expect a game between the Knights and Belfry to be a competitive match up. They opened the season with a win over city rival Fairmont.

I know far more about Kettering Alter than I do Belfry, to be honest, so let me say that up front. Alter is a REALLY GOOD mid-size program, and certainly will afford themselves as a great challenge to the Pirates. Last time I spent any time watching / following Belfry they were HUGE up front and rather one-dimensional. If that is still the case, I'd think they will struggle with Alter mightily. However, if they are two-dimensional on offense, and keep Alter's athletes off balance in terms of play calling, they should be able to hang in there.

You'll be in for a test, I can assure you that, Alter is very, very solid, well coached, athletic, and fundamentally sound.

I just watches Alter at their first game this morning. I had it on my DVR. Yes they did beat Fairmont, who's offense was as bad as I am betting it has been in a while, at this point of the young season.

As for Alter they are like most successful private schools here in Ohio. They have several athletes that small private schools do not get and they are stacked. Good size not Belfry size but big. They have speed but not Colrian type speed as a team. They have a very good ground attack with a sneaky ability to pass again lime Belfry.

If Belfry can do more than run the ball as already posted, they will give Alter fits as Alter will give Belfry fits.

I have not seen Belfry this year but know enough about the legend they have as a coach to know that he has his offense run based but has wrinkles thrown in with the talent he has to keep any defense guessing.

I would say I would be shocked if the winner wins by 13 or more.

Sent from my phone sorry for any mistakes.

I just watches Alter at their first game this morning. I had it on my DVR. Yes they did beat Fairmont, who's offense was as bad as I am betting it has been in a while, at this point of the young season.

As for Alter they are like most successful private schools here in Ohio. They have several athletes that small private schools do not get and they are stacked. Good size not Belfry size but big. They have speed but not Colrian type speed as a team. They have a very good ground attack with a sneaky ability to pass again lime Belfry.

If Belfry can do more than run the ball as already posted, they will give Alter fits as Alter will give Belfry fits.

I have not seen Belfry this year but know enough about the legend they have as a coach to know that he has his offense run based but has wrinkles thrown in with the talent he has to keep any defense guessing.

I would say I would be shocked if the winner wins by 13 or more.

Sent from my phone sorry for any mistakes.

Alter lost to Fairmont last year and went to the state title game. Belfry better bring their lunch pails.

You will be traveling to Fairmont I believe. I think you will like their stadium.

Edited by John Anthony